Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-28-2015, 07:32 PM   #46
QuickHorse

We have two subscription lengths that I can "click on", one is 30 days and one is 365 days. What the web page said was, use it for 30 days and if you need more time contact me and I'll do another 30 days. So that's 60. Since we don't have a 60 day subscription available, then that's how its done. Some users might have more than enough time at 30, and other users will quit after 1 day, while others may need 60 days. So we've got all options covered.

Mike
QuickHorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-28-2015, 08:50 PM   #47
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Fair Enough, Thanks

Z
Old 04-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #48
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

I tried Quickhorse with the free historical data and ran into the 0.80 ROI firewall that everything seems to hit nowadays.

My question for long-term users QH is: do any of you use BRIS data with good results?

Thanks.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2015, 05:30 PM   #49
QuickHorse

Sorry for the mixup "Pete". I meant the QuickHorse forum. You can get to it from within QuickHorse by clicking on the HELP menu bar item, then look for forum and click on that.

Mike
Old 11-29-2018, 12:56 PM   #50
davew

Does anyone use this program exclusively, or just for data to help their handicapping?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2018, 11:28 AM   #51
ubercapper

Since this thread has been bumped I want point out what was mentioned in another thread about this program regarding data the program uses, whether free or as part of a subscription:

It was stated in the other thread "The Program scrapes free data and gives it away as database."

This points to a clear violation of the terms of use of the web sites from which the information is obtained. Racing data web sites all have terms of use containing language the information is for personal, noncommercial use and may not be transferred or distributed in any way, as well as stating any use of robots, spiders and scrapers are prohibited.

Due to the program violating the terms of use of the data, it is possible at some point that data will become unavailable, rendering the product useless.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #52
QuickHorse

This promotion is no longer valid.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:13 PM   #53
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post

Due to the program violating the terms of use of the data, it is possible at some point that data will become unavailable, rendering the product useless.
It uses brisnet data as well.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #54
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
It uses brisnet data as well.
As long as the Brisnet data file the program ingests is purchased from Brisnet, there are no issues with the terms of service I mentioned earlier in the thread. Bris, HDW, TrackMaster and others sell files which are specific to certain programs (just two examples being JCapper and RDSS) but the purchase comes from the licensed data provider.

I just checked the QuickHorse software page and noted this language

FREE Horse Racing Handicapping Software w/FREE Horse Racing Data too!

The language suggests the software comes with data that was purchased and is now being given away free or the software comes with data which was obtained via scraping. Please correct me if I am wrong. If I am correct, the data is being used in violation of the terms of use.

Old 12-03-2018, 01:14 PM   #55
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
As long as the Brisnet data file the program ingests is purchased from Brisnet, there are no issues with the terms of service I mentioned earlier in the thread. Bris, HDW, TrackMaster and others sell files which are specific to certain programs (just two examples being JCapper and RDSS) but the purchase comes from the licensed data provider.

I just checked the QuickHorse software page and noted this language

FREE Horse Racing Handicapping Software w/FREE Horse Racing Data too!

The language suggests the software comes with data that was purchased and is now being given away free or the software comes with data which was obtained via scraping. Please correct me if I am wrong. If I am correct, the data is being used in violation of the terms of use.

Why dont you let it be dude....
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #56
ubercapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Why dont you let it be dude....

Why is pointing out giving away the data free, or reselling data that was purchased for personal use, a problem for you?

The questions that should be asked are - Why didn't the creator of this handicapping program go to any of a number of licensed resellers (like Bris, TrackMaster, Equibase and HDW) and agree to pay a small royalty to allow users to have a sample file as well as work with the reseller to sell program specific files on any of the sites, or if the program reads files already available on the sites, to negotiate marketing the program and perhaps get a royalty on those data file sales?
Old 12-07-2018, 11:05 AM   #57
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Why is pointing out giving away the data free, or reselling data that was purchased for personal use, a problem for you?

The questions that should be asked are - Why didn't the creator of this handicapping program go to any of a number of licensed resellers (like Bris, TrackMaster, Equibase and HDW) and agree to pay a small royalty to allow users to have a sample file as well as work with the reseller to sell program specific files on any of the sites, or if the program reads files already available on the sites, to negotiate marketing the program and perhaps get a royalty on those data file sales?
here we go again......

there are a number of sellers here that dont go that way..are you going to see if they are violating things too???

How is QH getting their figs to give out instead of charging?
Most likely paying for it...
So if they are buying and then converting it to their own numbers , they are doing what every other programmer is doing.....but hes giving it out for free ...its this decision!!!!

So whats the f^%$&*g problem?

Last edited by mikesal57; 12-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:01 PM   #58
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

How does Mike get all these free pages of advertising here? If he's an advertiser--it doesn't mention that.

I'm not allowed to even mention my programs without paying for the privilege (it's not cheap either)

I apologize for getting in your business, Mike G. I'm just wondering how that works--NCG
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #59
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post

How does Mike get all these free pages of advertising here? If he's an advertiser--it doesn't mention that.

I'm not allowed to even mention my programs without paying for the privilege (it's not cheap either)

I apologize for getting in your business, Mike G. I'm just wondering how that works--NCG
Mike G isnt doing anything...its these jealous a-holes with no business sticking their noses in...

BTW Gregg...It says " Authorized Advertiser- Pace-View.com" ...So why cant you mention your stuff?

Last edited by mikesal57; 12-07-2018 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:27 AM   #60
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg View Post

Those are old posts...he was an authorized advertiser.

I don't go back and delete the posts he made after his advertising term ends...and I won't do that to you either.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: