Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
QuickHorse

QuickHorse Handicapping for PA

It's been a month since we began posting our 60 day free trial offer to Paceadvantage.com users and I wanted to say thanks for the increase in traffic to our website.

It's a bit disappointing that only a few users have opted to trial the software. We know that for some, our "friends" at Symantec have blocked your access and we're currently working with them to relieve you of those issues.

I wanted to introduce myself and offer answers to any question forum users might have about the software.

Good luck in your handicapping.

Mike Groves
Support Manager - QuickReckoning, Inc.
QuickHorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2015, 10:59 AM   #2
turninforhome10

Hey Mike, Glad to see the authorized by your name. As a client for going on 5 yrs, your customer service has been impeccable, your willingness to build new features based on customer feedback is spot on and the best feature of the product is the ability to create your method. Very happy customer as this is the first product that allows me, the user to make my own methods using data that I create. Yes, the learning curve is steep, but once mastered it becomes a formidable weapon.
Thanks Again
Kirk
P.S. Love the new odds line feature, it has increased my ROI by .45
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
QuickHorse

Thanks Kirk. I appreciate the kind words, and evidently the bump in page views as a result of it.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
hyipro

The best priced software bar none, great piece of work it is the foundation of my handicapping software. Software selling for 4x the price does not offer
this level of ease of use and features. The five year library is worth the cost alone. You would be foolish not to take up the free trail (Mike that will be
one year free for the blurb - LOL)
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 02:27 AM   #5
JJMartin

How does this program do as a black box?
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 08:51 AM   #6
QuickHorse

It's not a black box so it doesn't work as a black box. My interpretation of "black box" is that you simply press a button and out pops the result with no idea how you obtained that result - hence "black" means process is not viewable. The strategy of QuickHorse is to allow the creation of as many different type of races as the user wants, then to allow the user to set up inputs to a method (several are included and others can be custom created), then to allow QuickHorse to automatically tune those methods and types of races.

So, definitely not a black box.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #7
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickHorse
It's not a black box so it doesn't work as a black box. My interpretation of "black box" is that you simply press a button and out pops the result with no idea how you obtained that result - hence "black" means process is not viewable. The strategy of QuickHorse is to allow the creation of as many different type of races as the user wants, then to allow the user to set up inputs to a method (several are included and others can be custom created), then to allow QuickHorse to automatically tune those methods and types of races.

So, definitely not a black box.
So quickhorse "backfits" the selection method to fit a selected group of races?
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 04:41 PM   #8
QuickHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
The simple answer is yes. If you're familiar with BetMix, which came out in 2011, that software, to a much simpler degree, does the same thing.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:46 AM   #9
JJMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickHorse
The simple answer is yes. If you're familiar with BetMix, which came out in 2011, that software, to a much simpler degree, does the same thing.
Does this program use a neural net to adjust the weighting or the fine tuning?
JJMartin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 08:55 AM   #10
QuickHorse

QuickHorse uses proprietary software methods to do its supertuning. However, a short description is that any method can contain up to 8 independent "Columns" (and a Column can actually be an entire method of 8 columns) which are weighted by multipliers from 0-100. These multipliers are used to give weight or remove weight from those Columns which may or may not lend themselves to positive outcomes. As to how we do that, as quickly as we do that, that is proprietary.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:00 AM   #11
mikesal57
Veteran

Mr. Groves

Can you possibly give us a card or two this weekend showing us what it can do?
There was a post back in 2011 by turninforhome10 on a day at Saratoga that was loaded with maiden races but did show promise.
just a thought

Question: Is all data stored on the web or can an individual save it to to his computer?

thxs

Last edited by mikesal57; 03-05-2015 at 09:04 AM.
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 09:08 AM   #12
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Mr. Groves

Can you possibly give us a card or two this weekend showing us what it can do?
There was a post back in 2011 by turninforhome10 on a day at Saratoga that was loaded with maiden races but did show promise.
just a thought

Question: Is all data stored on the web or can an individual save it to to his computer?

thxs
I think a few cards, done by someone who knows the program is a good idea.
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #13
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80
In response to "backfitting" ...

Can the program "supertune" to a set range on dates, say like year 2014
and apply it forward to say 2015 to test results?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #14
QuickHorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
In response to "backfitting" ...

Can the program "supertune" to a set range on dates, say like year 2014
and apply it forward to say 2015 to test results?
Yes, you can slice dates anyway you wish, so you can supertune a prior date range, for example, 2013, then just use the backtest feature on 2014 to see how those settings did going forward. That would give you a year's worth data backward then test as if you had wagered the year of 2014. Some users will supertune based on a year, but then only backtest for a month and claim the figures do not line up, so I suggest you pick equal swaths of time as a fair comparison.

As for race cards we do have a feature called "Get Tipsheet" (available on the 2nd popup of QuickHorse once you've initialized the software), and as part of the 100% features GET TIPSHEETS is available to all users during that trial. This feature would typically be for novice handicappers or those who do not want to get to know the program and only want some selections. These Tipsheets are supertuned using the past 50 races at that track/distance/class tier/type of wager.

There seems to be a hesitation on the part of users here but I assure you that while we ask for your email address, the purpose is to uniquely associate you with a string of characters (though we do insist it is in an email format). There are users who use fake email addresses and though we know who you are we don't cancel your subscription. We also don't support you as we can not contact you so if you want support then use a proper email address. Emails are not used to spam you as we notify users of updates via web page access within QuickHorse when updates are available.

Bottom line there is nothing you need fear by simply downloading the software and registering. That way you have unlimited access to our tipsheets we've tuned for today's race cards. That's the best I can do for you and I think its fair.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:19 AM   #15
mikesal57
Veteran

Thxs Mike for your response on backfitting...

As for the tipsheet , I did see it as part of the program but was hoping for a seasoned vet to give their thoughts and process...

My question on saving any kind of info to an individuals computer was not answered.

Mike

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: