Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2022, 10:30 AM   #1681
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I wonder where Ely is?
I had to put my dog down and have laid low for a bit. Not much has happened until today so I hopped in here.

Russia is blowing bridges left and right in Kherson which signals they intend to, or already are, abandoning the city.

A token mobik force might be left behind as a vanguard but the battle for Kherson looks to be over.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:12 AM   #1682
classhandicapper

Now for what's really going on.

The Russian game plan remains the same. While the west is suffering from higher energy costs and food shortages, Russia is selling its energy to China, India and elsewhere. Russia remains in a financial position to continue funding the war effort while Ukraine is dependent on 10s of billions from the west (primarily the US) and depleting NATO's military equipment.

It's a war of attrition.

How long will the west (its people) be willing to keep funding a wildly corrupt but friendly regime in Ukraine with 10s of billions of dollars?

How long will the people in the west tolerate higher inflation, higher energy costs, food shortages, rationing, and recession over a war for a country that has no direct impact on their lives?

How much further can Biden drain the strategic oil reserves to try to keep energy costs under control "short term"?

How much military equipment will NATO be willing to burn when there's no money to replenish it?

In the mean time Russia is trying to assemble 500K new troops with new drones and military equipment for the winter all funded with money from oil sales at higher prices than they should be.

IMO, there's going to be another major assault in the winter or Urkarine will be left so decimated it won't be a threat to Russia for decades even if it tries to join NATO.

Putin has his political problems, but unless someone wants to try to assassinate him he's probably going to keep fighting until the west comes to the table with a deal he can live with.

Of course, that deal was available before the war even started, but the war mongering neocons never saw a country they didn't want to overthrow and make in their own image. Putin has had a bullseye on his back for a long time and the neocons got the war they wanted.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-09-2022 at 11:18 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2022, 11:38 AM   #1683
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I had to put my dog down and have laid low for a bit.
In all honesty, I am VERY sorry for your loss...that must have been devastating...
Old 11-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #1684
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
In all honesty, I am VERY sorry for your loss...that must have been devastating...
Yeah sucked big time... happened the day I snapped at you about Defund the Police and I realized this wasn't the place I should be so apologies back to you.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:47 AM   #1685
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
It's a war of attrition.
Ukraine wins a war of attrition.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:50 AM   #1686
elysiantraveller

Direct from the source now.

Russia vacates Kherson.

This has been a foregone conclusion for awhile but opens up a whole new bunch of possibilities for likely January offensives.

This war has transitioned now to one, albeit long, front.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:25 PM   #1687
JustRalph
Just another Facist

How can these assholes be losing/performing so badly and nobody can convince them to end this thing?

Somebody is going to have to put a bullet in Putin’s head
Old 11-09-2022, 01:24 PM   #1688
ElKabong

Quote:
I had to put my dog down and have laid low for a bit. Not much has happened until today so I hopped in here.

Russia is blowing bridges left and right in Kherson which signals they intend to, or already are, abandoning the city.

A token mobik force might be left behind as a vanguard but the battle for Kherson looks to be over.
My condolences. One of the hardest things to do and very hard to handle
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2022, 02:04 PM   #1689
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
How can these assholes be losing/performing so badly and nobody can convince them to end this thing?

Reminds me of of our political system.
Only more organized.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:05 PM   #1690
classhandicapper

Quote:
Ukraine wins a war of attrition.
When 100s of thousands of Ukrainians without electricity, heat, hot water, and food start pouring into Europe during the freezing winter and 100s of thousands of fresh Russian troops are getting ready for another assault, do you think the US and Europe are going to hand over another 100 billion to continue the fight and promise another 500 billion to 1 trillion to rebuild when the US and Europe are also rationing energy and food because of this at home?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't doubt a subset of Ukrainians will continue fighting, but they'll be fighting to hold a country whose entire infrastructure has been completely destroyed for a couple of decades.

Then Russia will declare victory, go home, and say Ukraine via NATO can no longer be any threat to their security, but they'll keep Crimea and whatever else they can hold that's critical to their defense longer term.

Then the neocons can then sleep well knowing they've destroyed another country, killed another million people for no good reason, and Satan can keep up his expansion plans in hell for their souls.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-09-2022 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:06 PM   #1691
classhandicapper

Quote:
Yeah sucked big time... happened the day I snapped at you about Defund the Police and I realized this wasn't the place I should be so apologies back to you.
I'm really sorry to hear about that.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:24 PM   #1692
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

If you believe US propaganda they are losing, but if you understand what this is really about they are winning.

I keep saying saying it, but people would rather believe US lies.

This is about which side Ukraine is going to be aligned with.

1. Will it be Europe, the US and NATO militarily right on Russia's border?

2. Will it be Russia?

3. Will Ukraine be a neutral player on military matters (no NATO) to keep the peace but allowed to trade freely with both sides?

Russia will not accept Ukraine being aligned with the west and putting troops and missiles in Ukraine anymore than we accepted Cuba being aligned with the Soviet Union and putting missles there.

The Neocons in the US refuse to accept neutrality because they want to overthrow Putin and anyone else that doesn't accept them as Lords and Masters of the world.

That's why we have war. WE PROVOKED IT.

Russia would love to have total control if possible, but if not, so be it. They are going to absolutely destroy the infrastructure of Ukraine, flood Europe with refugees, fvuk energy markets, and make the west pay a very huge price. Then they will leave, but Ukraine will be so utterly destroyed they'll be rebuilding for decades and they will be absolutely no threat via NATO.

So who won?

Both sides will declare victory but who actually won?

The answer is no one won because this could have all been avoided. There was incalculable loss of life and money, but NATO won't be there and Russia/Putin will have its security. So who really won?

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-09-2022 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-09-2022, 04:34 PM   #1693
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
My condolences, I know how that is.
Pretty much trumps the petty shit we argue about in the faux world of the internet.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:19 AM   #1694
classhandicapper

The New World Order

Quote:
Kim Dotcom
@KimDotcom
Russia announced that 12 more countries want to join BRICS+

All of them will move away from the US dollar for trade. The new joint reserve currency will be backed by real assets.

Xi Jinping meeting with Saudi to seal the deal. The multipolar order is taking shape, fast.
Old 11-10-2022, 10:22 AM   #1695
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Wild to me you keep repeating all the same stuff from April with all the evidence to the contrary.