Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-27-2008, 10:41 PM   #1
hcap

Beam me up Scotty

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10649.html

Exclusive: McClellan whacks Bush, White House
By MIKE ALLEN | 5/27/08 6:18 PM EST

Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan writes in a surprisingly scathing memoir to be published next week that President Bush “veered terribly off course,” was not “open and forthright on Iraq,” and took a “permanent campaign approach” to governing at the expense of candor and competence.

• McClellan charges that Bush relied on “propaganda” to sell the war.

• He says the White House press corps was too easy on the administration during the run-up to the war.

• He admits that some of his own assertions from the briefing room podium turned out to be “badly misguided.”

• The longtime Bush loyalist also suggests that two top aides held a secret West Wing meeting to get their story straight about the CIA leak case at a time when federal prosecutors were after them — and McClellan was continuing to defend them despite mounting evidence they had not given him all the facts.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2008, 10:49 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Funny how everyone has a book deal.
Take away the money and I wonder how many would still be alleging the same crap?

Suppose he is telling the truth......what does that say about his credibility?
And you, lining up to drool all over yourself becasue he is singin your song.
But hcap, don't answer this, just know it yourself, if he were to put out a book that was totally positive and supportive of Bush, do you think you would have given it any credence at all? Or would he still be just the rutabega's mouthpiece?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
hcap

It is curious that the ex-bushies when cutting a book deal just don't have much positive things to say.

I guess making nice doesn't sell?
Or it's just unanimous. George W. Churchill is not Winston Churchill
Old 05-27-2008, 11:19 PM   #4
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
It is curious that the ex-bushies when cutting a book deal just don't have much positive things to say.

I guess making nice doesn't sell?
Or it's just unanimous. George W. Churchill is not Winston Churchill
Whilst climbing to the top, you gotta stand on a bunch of different assholes. I am sure ole George stood on his share.............and some of them get book deals..........nothing new here. Move along...........nothing to see...........
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #5
ElKabong

McClellan's mom was the filth of the world as Mayor of Austin in the 1970s. She basically instructed the PD there to harass military members/ airmen @ BAFB so that Bergstrom would possibly close (it did) so the city could use the land and facilities as their new muni airport (it did).

If GWB made a mistake it was his trusting non friendly's. He should have pushed Tenet out somehow, but didn't. Then he throws someone a bone w/ little Scotty and gets bitten.

Mama's boy wrote a book....How sweet.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
hcap

Quote:
Move along...........nothing to see...........
Spoken as a true cop. Works well also for larger police/military mindsets.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
hcap

Scotty....

• “History appears poised to confirm what most Americans today have decided: that the decision to invade Iraq was a serious strategic blunder. No one, including me, can know with absolute certainty how the war will be viewed decades from now when we can more fully understand its impact. What I do know is that war should only be waged when necessary, and the Iraq war was not necessary.”

• Steve Hadley, then the deputy national security adviser, said about the erroneous assertion about Saddam Hussein seeking uranium, included in the State of the Union address of 2003: “Signing off on these facts is my responsibility. … And in this case, I blew it. I think the only solution is for me to resign.” The offer “was rejected almost out of hand by others present,” McClellan writes.

Quote:
Move along...........nothing to see...........

Last edited by hcap; 05-27-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 AM   #8
ddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
McClellan's mom was the filth of the world as Mayor of Austin in the 1970s. She basically instructed the PD there to harass military members/ airmen @ BAFB so that Bergstrom would possibly close (it did) so the city could use the land and facilities as their new muni airport (it did).

If GWB made a mistake it was his trusting non friendly's. He should have pushed Tenet out somehow, but didn't. Then he throws someone a bone w/ little Scotty and gets bitten.

crazy, Bush and Tennet were best buddies even after Tennet left.
hell Bush was crying when he gave him his medal.

Tennet should have been pushed just like a bunch of the other ass-kissing bums Bush surrounded himself with.

as to the base , a wise use of land.
too many bases(read pork) that are not needed still exist.

Last edited by ddog; 05-28-2008 at 02:36 AM.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2008, 06:23 AM   #9
ljb
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong

A knew twist on the Rovian attack the messenger ploy. Attack the messenger's mother. Whew youse guys are really reaching now.
Good thing McCellan doesn't post here, the rightys hate it when true facts come up.

Last edited by ljb; 05-28-2008 at 06:26 AM.
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #10
ArlJim78

he felt deceived so he did the honorable thing, resign and write a tell all election year bombshell. a real "Profiles in Courage" this one.

"hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2008, 09:51 AM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

ljb, if it's true, it is not an attack.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #12
ddog

I assume you have not received an advanced copy?

See nothing , know nothing , why do you bother anymore?just have yourself put down, do the still thinking a favor , finally.

Obviously nothing to see worthwhile here as you like to say.

What a perfect catch phrase for you.

But, how would you ever know, you never bothered to look in the first place it seems.

Oh and for you pure as the driven snow, how many of the Clinton tell alls did you trash as not worth anything since they were all done for MONEY and/or by turncoat staffers?

Pls link to your condemnations of same, would be interesting to compare them.

Last edited by ddog; 05-28-2008 at 11:23 AM.
ddog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 AM   #13
delayjf

Quote:
McClellan is on the lecture circuit and remains in the Washington area with his wife, Jill.
from CNN article.
One possible motivation.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #14
delayjf

After reading some of the excerpts - it seems to me that he's offering his opinion about things he had no direct knowledge of. Since when does the Deputy Press Secretary (The position he held at the start of the war) sit in on National Security meetings? For that matter, when does the Press Secretary sit in on National Security briefings?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-28-2008, 01:15 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
from CNN article.
One possible motivation.
I hope he has security for Jill.............
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply