Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 02-24-2024, 02:50 PM   #16
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I didn't like either of those two given my projected pace scenario but they both ran well, especially Saudi Crown.

I needed the photo to go the other way. Foolish of me to not have that exacta given my projection, but I liked Derma Sotogake and Ushba Tesoro the most and only had the winner underneath.
It was a great race. It really was.

were strong.

The Japanese strong contingent of Ushba and Derma were coming, and yet Senor Buscador was the real closer of them all.

I cashed $0 and still massively enjoyed that race.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2024, 04:56 PM   #17
MJC922

What a thriller. I had him coming off a solid top four weeks ago. They got the money, hopefully there's something left after this. Seen it too many times to count.

Last edited by MJC922; 02-24-2024 at 04:58 PM.
MJC922 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-24-2024, 05:31 PM   #18
Bullet Plane

Super race!

Finally Senor Buscador get a chance to strut his stuff. He closed like a freight train in the Pegasus , but GP is not known as a great closers track.

Then back to the Cigar Mile where he closed valiantly but was fighting the bias in that race.

He finally gets a fair race track and seals the deal with great panache!

The two closers that came in second on that Cigar Mile card, against the bias, came back to win; Senor Buscador and Sierra Leone.

I believe that all the speed horses that won that day, have now lost, except Dornoch who runs next week in the Fountain of Youth.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2024, 10:14 AM   #19
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
What a thriller. I had him coming off a solid top four weeks ago. They got the money, hopefully there's something left after this. Seen it too many times to count.
Are your ratings exportable into a text file so I could then import them into my database?
Old 02-25-2024, 11:35 AM   #20
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Are your ratings exportable into a text file so I could then import them into my database?
On a daily basis I have a csv file that gets generated on the 'server-side'. At one point in time I had a scheduled task configured to automatically email me that file each day. Unfortunately the automated email stopped working because of some change they made to gmail a year or two ago and I haven't looked into other email options since then because for one thing I'm not actively researching anything at the moment. It's probably a simple matter to get the email working again. With permission from TM I might be able to add you as a 'tester' for a while if you want to receive the csv each day to run a study of the performance ratings.

Keep in mind it's a csv file with a much more limited number of lines for each horse because my plan was at some point to use this for generating something like a condensed version of On-Target. Not another product to charge for but as another option for people who already subscribe but might not want to print out so many pages. I haven't gotten around to implementing that but it would be nice to have.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:14 PM   #21
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
On a daily basis I have a csv file that gets generated on the 'server-side'. At one point in time I had a scheduled task configured to automatically email me that file each day. Unfortunately the automated email stopped working because of some change they made to gmail a year or two ago and I haven't looked into other email options since then because for one thing I'm not actively researching anything at the moment. It's probably a simple matter to get the email working again. With permission from TM I might be able to add you as a 'tester' for a while if you want to receive the csv each day to run a study of the performance ratings.

Keep in mind it's a csv file with a much more limited number of lines for each horse because my plan was at some point to use this for generating something like a condensed version of On-Target. Not another product to charge for but as another option for people who already subscribe but might not want to print out so many pages. I haven't gotten around to implementing that but it would be nice to have.
If you get around to it, keep me in mind.

The systematically generated class ratings I have are OK for testing, but I suspect yours are closer to my ideal. I don't have the time to generate what I want manually or to program it all either.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:48 PM   #22
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Plane View Post
Super race!

Finally Senor Buscador get a chance to strut his stuff. He closed like a freight train in the Pegasus , but GP is not known as a great closers track.

Then back to the Cigar Mile where he closed valiantly but was fighting the bias in that race.

He finally gets a fair race track and seals the deal with great panache!

The two closers that came in second on that Cigar Mile card, against the bias, came back to win; Senor Buscador and Sierra Leone.

I believe that all the speed horses that won that day, have now lost, except Dornoch who runs next week in the Fountain of Youth.
Excellent capping my friend.

Numbers are great, but when trip and pace come into play, feel and years of handicapping come into the fold. You laid it all out.

You had him coming. Very well done.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-25-2024, 02:09 PM   #23
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
Excellent capping my friend.

Numbers are great, but when trip and pace come into play, feel and years of handicapping come into the fold. You laid it all out.

You had him coming. Very well done.

I agree with you - assuming I get the concept underlying the unclear terminology. What 'pace' is, if not 'numbers'.
denniswilliams is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-27-2024, 10:28 AM   #24
speldedo

Actually he was bred in Kentucky
speldedo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2024, 03:19 PM   #25
Bullet Plane

SPLITS

Sprint:
1:10.48

DERBY
1:11.20