Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-04-2022, 10:07 PM   #16
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I've had 20 of my employees tell me that they are afflicted with COVID over the last week or so. They stay out of work for 3 days and then they tell me to put them back on the schedule because they are all now testing negative for the virus. It's getting to the point where I don't know what to believe anymore. Is this really COVID? Do people THINK that they have the virus because they are taking the store-bought tests whose results are ambiguous?
Or are they making the whole thing up?

Seems to be a lot of "making things up" happening here and there.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-04-2022, 10:22 PM   #17
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
I experienced that beginning a year ago Thursday, 10 days after finishing up Covid.

It still persist to date.

However, today I could taste salt. LOL
Salt is essential and goes with most foods.Enjoy.
Old 01-05-2022, 12:53 AM   #18
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I've had 20 of my employees tell me that they are afflicted with COVID over the last week or so.
I believe you have declared multiple times on this board that you are a full time horse player and you make your living from that. Did I misunderstand?
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2022, 12:58 AM   #19
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
I believe you have declared multiple times on this board that you are a full time horse player and you make your living from that. Did I misunderstand?
What??....He can't do both??.....Sounds like you're jealous.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2022, 01:30 AM   #20
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
What??....He can't do both??.....Sounds like you're jealous.
LOL, HNY.

If you read any handicapping books on full time horse players or know of any, they spend more hours handicapping than someone does at a regular job. Ditto if you run your own business which I do.

So no I do not feel you can run a business with multiple employees and be a full time handicapper as BOTH combined require more hours than there are in a day.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:44 AM   #21
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

You're an idiot.....Racing Profits have to be invested somewhere and being invested in a good business that you've had previous experience in, is a wise choice....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2022, 04:15 PM   #22
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
You're an idiot.....Racing Profits have to be invested somewhere and being invested in a good business that you've had previous experience in, is a wise choice....
OK genius,lets see who is the real idiot.

Running own business with 20 employees, minimum time required per day is at least 10 hours.

Running own business as a full time professional handicapper, minimum time required per day is at least 10 hours.

20 hours per day to run both businesses is the MINIMUM number of hours per day required.

What about transportation back and forth to work?

And what about sleep?

That's why I said there are not enough hours per day to do both. Instead of addressing the obvious you call me an idiot. Wow.

Go back to your Trump conspiracy theories. As ridiculous as they are,this is even more ridiculous.
Old 01-05-2022, 05:51 PM   #23
tucker6

Quote:

Running own business with 20 employees, minimum time required per day is at least 10 hours.

Running own business as a full time professional handicapper, minimum time required per day is at least 10 hours.

20 hours per day to run both businesses is the MINIMUM number of hours per day required.

And what about sleep?

That's why I said there are not enough hours per day to do both. Instead of addressing the obvious you call me an idiot. Wow.

Go back to your Trump conspiracy theories. As ridiculous as they are,this is even more ridiculous.
I can attest that an easy day as a business owner is 10 hours. We have 70 employees. Even on vacation in the Caribbean, we averaged 5-6 hours a day.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2022, 06:01 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

And what about sleep?

Who ever said thask was a day in and day out hands-on owner?

There are plenty of owners of businesses who have gotten to a point where other people run the day to day for them.

Even a dummy like me can understand this.

Also, did thask say he is CURRENTLY a full-time horseplayer?

he used to live in Vegas too...I don't think he does anymore.

You sure seem to pick some weird fights on here.
Old 01-05-2022, 06:04 PM   #25
steveb

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I can attest that an easy day as a business owner is 10 hours. We have 70 employees. Even on vacation in the Caribbean, we averaged 5-6 hours a day.

i can attest as a former horse player, that a 10 hour requirement for success is nonsensical.
steveb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2022, 06:51 PM   #26
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Who ever said thask was a day in and day out hands-on owner?

There are plenty of owners of businesses who have gotten to a point where other people run the day to day for them.

Even a dummy like me can understand this.

Also, did thask say he is CURRENTLY a full-time horseplayer?

he used to live in Vegas too...I don't think he does anymore.

You sure seem to pick some weird fights on here.
I have been fortunate in business from the very beginning. I have had capable and trustworthy partners with whom I have a great relationship...both professionally and personally. They appreciate what I have brought to our partnership, and they have helped me enormously...especially during the painful years of my wife's illness and subsequent death. I feel sorry for those who have to run a business solo.

A few years ago I decided to retire, and move to Las Vegas. But as luck would have it, the "killer virus" struck soon thereafter...and Vegas lost its luster for me. That, coupled with some other family health problems, has me now splitting my time between Vegas and the Chicagoland. I am in Chicago about 75% of the time...and, since I still retain a minority share in the grocery stores that my partners and I have built, I contribute my services there as much as I can...mainly as a consultant. At the age of 60...I'm not as ambitious as I once was.

I am still active as a horseplayer...although I only find it worthwhile to bet on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. That has been my horseplaying schedule for several years now. I bet 3 tracks a day...and it takes me only 3 hours total to get all my handicapping done for the day. Thank God for the computer age.
Old 01-06-2022, 12:25 AM   #27
Light
Veteran

Quote:
I have been fortunate in business from the very beginning. I have had capable and trustworthy partners with whom I have a great relationship...both professionally and personally. They appreciate what I have brought to our partnership, and they have helped me enormously...especially during the painful years of my wife's illness and subsequent death. I feel sorry for those who have to run a business solo.

A few years ago I decided to retire, and move to Las Vegas. But as luck would have it, the "killer virus" struck soon thereafter...and Vegas lost its luster for me. That, coupled with some other family health problems, has me now splitting my time between Vegas and the Chicagoland. I am in Chicago about 75% of the time...and, since I still retain a minority share in the grocery stores that my partners and I have built, I contribute my services there as much as I can...mainly as a consultant. At the age of 60...I'm not as ambitious as I once was.

I am still active as a horseplayer...although I only find it worthwhile to bet on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. That has been my horseplaying schedule for several years now. I bet 3 tracks a day...and it takes me only 3 hours total to get all my handicapping done for the day. Thank God for the computer age.
Thanks for the update. I was only inquiring from curiosity whereas PA considers asking a question a "fight" in his last post. I have no beef with you as you know and have enjoyed your contributions in the religious thread because you have shown the ability to discuss issues without malice whereas many here seem to lack maturity such as RR calling me an idiot and PA considering a question a fight. Higher levels of consciousness are usually void of needless confrontation, name calling or accusations.And higher consciousness is what we all strive for whether we are aware of it or not because it is more fruitful.
Old 01-06-2022, 02:05 AM   #28
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Yeah, it was just a question.

Quote:
"You have declared multiple times"..."and you make your living from that."

yeah...sounded like a simple innocent question to me...whatever was I thinking.

Good thing thask isn't Jewish or you might have REALLY unloaded on him.
Old 01-06-2022, 03:57 AM   #29
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
i can attest as a former horse player, that a 10 hour requirement for success is nonsensical.
I'm envious. When I played full time many yrs ago a 10 hr day was an easy day, time-wise. Different strokes.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2022, 03:59 AM   #30
ElKabong

Quote:

Didn't know of your family health issues. Best wishes, hoping for the best
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply