Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #6316
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
My stand on science is way closer to the mainstream than yours. You are the tin foil hat conspiracist galore. You are a Flat earther redux. Yes, it is back and you fit right in. I saved an old photo of you attending one of their "secret" meetings.

Original sin only appears in Christianity, none of the other Abrahamic religions, and none of the world's other major religions.

Sorry but my first hand evidence for not believing that we are born "sinners" is raising a child.

Can't believe my son is the only exception to this crazy rule formalized by St. Augustine.
Actually, Original Sin, is a very Jewish doctrine -- found in the OT. So, it appears "first" in Judaism then was further expanded upon in the NT. (I'm thinking, therefore, that Augustine didn't invent the "rule".)

So, I take it you raised a perfectly righteous, sinless son? Have you considered getting him into the Guinness Book of World Records?

Finally, my "first hand evidence" for Original Sin is from my observation of and experiences with my fellow man's many moral imperfections, not to mention my own. Also, the Law of Distrust is irrefutable evidence that all men are not only universally flawed -- but fundamentally corrupt, since trust is the necessary, foundational quality for any genuine peaceful relationship. Since these things are the case, then the only logical deduction I can make is that all men are sinners because of their sinful nature -- a sinful nature inherited from our first parents -- a sinful nature that we're powerless to change (see the Law of Identity). You know the adage -- "like father, like son"?

Don't forget my questions in 6428 & 29.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:35 AM   #6317
hcap

Have you ever been a teacher? Babysitter, been around young children? Are you an uncle?

Direct evidence rather than more of your cockamamie theories.
I mentioned when we were speaking science, theories should have some sort of evidence. Be "fleshed" out. Rebellion as well. I will consider self observation, religious experiences and insightful observation of others.
Hell animals can give us a clue.

Last edited by hcap; 04-27-2018 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:39 AM   #6318
boxcar

Quote:
Have you ever been a teacher? Babysitter, been around young children? Are you an uncle?

Direct evidence rather than more of your cockamamie theories.
I ment5ion when we were speaking science, theories should have some sort of evidence. Rebellion as well. I will consider self observation, religious experiences and insightful observation of others. Hell animals give us a clue.
"Animals give us a clue"? Animals are moral creatures?

And what better "direct evidence" than the universal Law of Distrust? If this principle of human behavior doesn't tell you that all human beings are seriously morally flawed, nothing will.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:04 AM   #6319
hcap

The "law of distrust" is just as much your "invention" as your ass backwards time theory or your misunderstanding of space and matter.

Let alone your literal minded interpretation of Noah, Jesus, Moses and the inner realm of the spirit.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #6320
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Don't forget my questions in 6428 & 29.
We're only up to 6319.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #6321
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Actually, Original Sin, is a very Jewish doctrine...
http://www.whatjewsbelieve.org/explanation5.html
Old 04-27-2018, 11:53 AM   #6322
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Actually, Original Sin, is a very Jewish doctrine...
Not according to the RABBIs I had.

Please don't pass yourself off as Jewish. You are a literal minded biblical Christian and although most of my RABBIs were literal minded Jews, they knew orthodox Judaism much better than you.

You know squat.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:00 PM   #6323
boxcar

Quote:
The "law of distrust" is just as much your "invention" as your ass backwards time theory or your misunderstanding of space and matter.

Let alone your literal minded interpretation of Noah, Jesus, Moses and the inner realm of the spirit.
My "invention", heh? It's my invention because you spent hours Googling the phrase and came up empty, which means this is another Boxcar Original Thought. (However, the "original thought" that I came up with is, admittedly inspired by the scriptures.)

The Law of Distrust is undeniably and irrefutably true. The presumption that all men are guilty of lying, until proven otherwise, permeates all societies in all countries around the globe. You cannot receive services or conduct business at a doctor's office, a dentist's office, at an insurance company, a bank, at stock brokerage at a college, at any school, etc, etc., without proving who you are and in many cases also validating other personal information about yourself that any of these entities may require.

You cannot do business online without creating a user I.D. and password. You cannot even file your taxes apart from proving who you are. You cannot collect government benefits without proving who you are and that you qualify for the benefits. You cannot obtain a passport or a diver's license without proving who you are.

You cannot obtain a credit card without proving who you are and also proving that you're credit worthy. And credit card companies impose strictly credit limits on all of us because they assume we not honor any verbal agreement that restricts our own spending.

You also personally assume everyone is to be distrusted because you have locks on your doors and windows and perhaps on other secure devices where you keep valuables. Perhaps even a security alarm system on your home and/or car, as well. Ignition locks on your cars, boats and other kinds of recreational vehicles are there and you use them because you assume that all people unknown to you are dishonest and could steal these items.

Many even go further and buy firearms to protect themselves and their property from people who cannot be trusted!

Not only do individuals arm themselves to protect life and property but entire nations arm themselves to protect themselves from nations they do not trust!

You can deny the Law of Distrust until the cows come home but this doesn't change the fact that globally, there is a universal distrust between ourselves and all our fellows who are unknown to us until such time that our fellow man can prove otherwise. Again...there is this universal presumption of guilt, until proven otherwise. (Is it any wonder the IRS operates the same presumption!?)

This Law is nothing short of a universal condemnation upon all men! Not only don't we trust our fellow man, but very many of us don't even trust ourselves! This universal principle, revealed to us in Natural Revelation, very clearly tells us that we're very morally flawed. We don't even need Divine Revelation to tell us this, but nonetheless as it is written:

Let God be true, and every man a liar... (Rom 3:4)
Old 04-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #6324
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
My "invention", heh? It's my invention because you spent hours Googling the phrase and came up empty, which means this is another Boxcar Original Thought. (However, the "original thought" that I came up with is, admittedly inspired by the scriptures.)
I did not need to google anything to know you invented this yet another of your tin foil hat theories.

I think you spend way to much time watching The Omen and The Exorcist.

Spend some time with kids and decide for yourself if they are born evil. Instead of drifting off into pseudo-religious paranoia.

I know it is not really paranoia if they are really out to get ya'.
According to you, your god is out to get mankind as well, so I guess you are not really paranoid?.

Last edited by hcap; 04-27-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:24 PM   #6325
hcap

You need only to know that there are twisted people in the world,
not that ALL are twisted. Have any evidence other than misinterpreted biblical passages that demonstrate ALL are evil?
Old 04-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #6326
boxcar

Quote:
I did not need to google anything to know you invented this yet another of your tin foil hat theories.

I think you spend way to much time watching The Omen and The Exorcist.

Spend some time with kids and decide for yourself if they are born evil. Instead of drifting off into pseudo-religious paranoia.

I know it is not really paranoia if they are really out to get ya'.
According to you, your god is out to get mankind as well, so I guess you are not really paranoid?.
Kids are born with a sinful nature. As kids, they don't know the difference between good and evil -- but as they grow older...
Old 04-27-2018, 02:42 PM   #6327
boxcar

Quote:
You need only to know that there are twisted people in the world,
not that ALL are twisted. Have any evidence other than misinterpreted biblical passages that demonstrate ALL are evil?
All are "twisted" to one degree or another. The evidence of this is the UNIVERSAL LAW OF DISTRUST. Pull your head out of the sand, Mr. Ostrich.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:30 AM   #6328
hcap

Quote:
All are "twisted" to one degree or another. The evidence of this is the UNIVERSAL LAW OF DISTRUST. Pull your head out of the sand, Mr. Ostrich.
Amazing! You actually made more sense bullshitting about your
pseudo-science delusions.

Forgot you are much weirder babbling about the bible.
Old 04-28-2018, 02:50 AM   #6329
hcap

Gee, I told you "The "law of distrust" is just as much your "invention" as your ass backwards time theory or your misunderstanding of space and matter." And asked you for evidence about the evilness of children. And evidence that ALL men are evil, or twisted, and you come back with.....
Quote:
Rather circular don't you think bunky ?
Old 04-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #6330
boxcar

Quote:
Gee, I told you "The "law of distrust" is just as much your "invention" as your ass backwards time theory or your misunderstanding of space and matter." And asked you for evidence about the evilness of children. And evidence that ALL men are evil, or twisted, and you come back with.....

Rather circular don't you think bunky ?
No, it's not circular. You wanted "hard evidence": The universal Law of Distrust is all the hard evidence anyone needs. This law tell us that the world is very broken in a very fundamental way.

And do you want more "hard evidence"? Try this is on for size: Demonstrate to all of us how much you trust the world by giving us your user I.D.'s and passwords to all your online business accounts and banking interests. Put that all out there in the public domain to show us how trustworthy you think the world is. But...of course you won't! And so you will put on display for us your utter hypocrisy. You yourself will provide us with the hard evidence that your defense of the world is nothing more than phony baloney, plastic banana, good time rock 'n' roll horse manure. Your actions will reveal the hypocrisy to your empty words.

Hard Evidence indeed....You are surrounded by hard evidence 24/7 but are totally blind to it!