Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:08 PM   #8086
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
But somewhere in the back of my head there is a little voice telling me that the decent still outnumber those who would ignore Hill's blatant lawbreaking and lying.
The problem is the "average Joe and Dora" on the street don't give two hoots about politics and seldom take an interest in it until they realize how it impacts them.
As a result, if you point out Hillary's corruptness they'll either say
"What else is new...all politicians are corrupt anyways!" or
"That's just a long time conspiracy to bring down the Clintons."

That's why Bernie Sanders said:

"The American people are sick and tired of talking about your damn e-mails."

The problem is Sanders didn't understand the gravity of the threat of Clinton's use of a private e-mail server.
I'd suggest that the "average Joe and Dora" don't get it either.
They just don't.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 01:10 PM   #8087
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I caution myself when I read stuff like this, that most everyone has misunderstood everything about this campaign from day one, but now seem to have it all figured out.

I hope for your sake you are correct. Blowing the call big time, twice in an election season, will sting.
What you should caution yourself about in the inability to distinguish between the two halves of the campaign that have looked very different. The Republican only portion seemed to show a candidate that could do no wrong. But the part with a wider audience had gone exactly to script. Things that should hurt Cinton show up in her polls. And the same happens for Trump. Over and over.

I said the nomination was Trump's after New Hampshire. I don't live in denial like others. I was wrong that a major party couldn't nominate someone who failed tests of both orthodoxy and electability. But I have been right about nearly everything since.

You should check my posts during the RNC. I was tearing it up. And I was the first to note (minutes after it ended) that the Khan speech during theDNC would be consequential. You really should be paying attention I'm red hot.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 01:43 PM   #8088
NJ Stinks

Quote:
I don't know how Hill can win so big when only 16% of the people think she is trustworthy? But then again the Democrats re-elect child molesters.

I see how she can win big, based on the electoral map. But somewhere in the back of my head there is a little voice telling me that the decent still outnumber those who would ignore Hill's blatant lawbreaking and lying.
You are setting yourself up for another huge disappointment and the related bitterness - i.e. 'people will get their guns and do whatever because we can't take this blank anymore.'

Hillary will win big because she is dropping in class in this election. It's that simple. Your party picked the wrong guy at a time when picking the right guy should have been easy.

Oh well. At least you can resort to posting stuff like "the Dems kill babies" and "the Dems re-elect child molesters" to make yourself feel morally superior.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:54 PM   #8089
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
You are setting yourself up for another huge disappointment and the related bitterness - i.e. 'people will get their guns and do whatever because we can't take this blank anymore.'

Hillary will win big because she is dropping in class in this election. It's that simple. Your party picked the wrong guy at a time when picking the right guy should have been easy.

Oh well. At least you can resort to posting stuff like "the Dems kill babies" and "the Dems re-elect child molesters" to make yourself feel morally superior.
Was that supposed to be a quote of mine in the first paragraph?

Who was the right guy?

I believe that it's pretty obvious that being against killing babies, and not re-electing child molesters is a morally superior position. Morals don't count anymore. The Kardashian's are the new bar
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #8090
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks

Oh bullshit. Whomever the Reps picked would have been torn to pieces somehow by the media...the same way they tore up McCain/Palin and the same way they tore up Romney.

Don't give me this bullshit that we picked the wrong guy. Especially against the likes of someone so stuck to the establishment and someone so bought and paid for like Hillary Clinton.

It would not matter who we picked. They would be chewed up and spat out like all those before in recent times.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 02:03 PM   #8091
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Hillary will win big because she is dropping in class in this election.
Glad to see you realize she has no class.
Never did.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #8092
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Was that supposed to be a quote of mine in the first paragraph?

Who was the right guy?

I believe that it's pretty obvious that being against killing babies, and not re-electing child molesters is a morally superior position. Morals don't count anymore. The Kardashian's are the new bar
The quote is close enough. The right guy was Kasich. Or maybe even Rubio.

I believe a woman should have a choice. I know I would want one.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 PM   #8093
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Oh bullshit. Whomever the Reps picked would have been torn to pieces somehow by the media...the same way they tore up McCain/Palin and the same way they tore up Romney.

Don't give me this bullshit that we picked the wrong guy. Especially against the likes of someone so stuck to the establishment and someone so bought and paid for like Hillary Clinton.

It would not matter who we picked. They would be chewed up and spat out like all those before in recent times.
They may have lost but the outcome of November wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion in March...

Republicans nominated the most unlikeable person in their pack.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM   #8094
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Which again begs my question on the rallies that you have no answer for...yet.

I guess the answer could be Trump is secretly paying people to show up. Not an original idea (Dems use it for various things), but it would at least be an explanation of sorts as to how someone so unlikable gets all these people to show up...and someone about equally as unlikable yet a mortal lock to win anyway (according to you) absolutely shuns the idea of holding an event where all of her fans can gather and see her and make for a great PR event.

But yeah, I forget that politicians hate stuff like that...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-31-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:16 PM   #8095
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Which again begs my question on the rallies that you have no answer for...yet.

I guess the answer could be Trump is secretly paying people to show up. Not an original idea (Dems use it for various things), but it would at least be an explanation of sorts as to how someone so unlikable gets all these people to show up...and someone about equally as unlikable yet a mortal lock to win anyway (according to you) absolutely shuns the idea of holding an event where all of her fans can gather and see her and make for a great PR event.

But yeah, I forget that politicians hate stuff like that...
Why are you obsessing over rallies?... I don't get that.

His supporters are rabid. He could shoot someone and they'd still support him. They are still few. The fact they choose to congregate to see their great one speak doesn't change the fact he has low support.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 02:19 PM   #8096
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller
Why are you obsessing over rallies?... I don't get that.

His supporters are rabid. He could shoot someone and they'd still support him. They are still few. The fact they choose to congregate to see their great one speak doesn't change the fact he has low support.
Now I'm obsessing. That's an interesting term to use.

You know, I'm starting to think Trump isn't the crazy one here.

BTW, you still haven't answered....really. The answer above would apply if Trump continued to show up in the same spot every time.

And it still doesn't answer why Hillary never goes this route, when all the cults of personality in recent memory have...

I guess she's like Romney...I don't think he ever held big rallies either...or maybe this is a new thing invented by Obama and Romney was slow on the uptake...with the torch carried on by Sanders and Trump but not poor Hillary.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:26 PM   #8097
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Here's another question.

Who was the last Republican candidate who spent significant portions of multiple speeches in front of large audiences speaking about the plight of African-Americans and how he is hoping to improve their overall situation all the while having that audience respond with enthusiastic cheers and applause?

Oh, that's right. None.

Yes, I'm sure you'll say this is just another con job by Trump, or he's a closet liberal because only liberals talk like that...or some other nonsense.

But even this he gets zero credit for...it's historical what he's been doing out on the campaign trail recently, and it's tossed aside basically.

It will be interesting to see how this upcoming predominantly black audience responds to Trump...if the event even happens...and how many people will show up.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:56 PM   #8098
jk3521
Registered Loser

Give Trump credit for trying. He really wants this bad. !
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 02:57 PM   #8099
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
It's the grotesque egotism combined with utter incompetence of the man I despise.

If you want to frame this as virtue vs. corruption, I have to ask a question. Why do you think virtue is losing so badly?

My answer is that virtue is so full of itself it didn't think it needed help from anyone. It simply stared at its own beautiful reflection while running a campaign that a high school dropout would know was driving majorities to the other candidate.

He will go down in history as one of the worst major party candidates ever to win a nomination. And the lost opportunity along with the chorus of people here who still think this campaign was a good idea bothers me. I don't think people actually understand how bad this is going to be for Republicans.
Again, all of that is so irrelevant compared to political corruption run amok in our government.

You clearly aren't considering what is truly important for the country to let your personal animous over frivolity supercede what should be everyone's contempt and fight against government corruption.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2016, 03:19 PM   #8100
TJDave

Quote:
it's historical what he's been doing out on the campaign trail recently
It's a clown show. His audience likes the circus.