Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #121
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
hi Thaskalos,

Yes, I feel the hateful and scary stuff seems to be the imprimatur of the left wing and Democrat Party. There is much more 'proof' on this opinion than not.

I am sure one could find isolated examples. I am no fan of the current establishment GOP by any means, and I have on record for years on end, here and elsewhere, said so at the expense of the GOP. I am a 'proud' conservative that our friend Robert Goren seems to afraid of.

Just an example of the hateful (and silly) left wing. The left hates the Koch Brothers and in NYC, there are Council Members looking to protest and refuse the $100 million gift for a Medical Hospital. I would think that such a generous gift would be accepted with open arms. I would also think that this gift would help provide top health care for all citizens -- Democrats, liberals, Republicans, scary conservatives, Jews, Gentiles, Muslims -- basically everybody, including Italians and Greeks .

But because the Koch Brothers are GOP money men, conservative in nature and even worst, oil men, liberals want to refuse their offer.

Do you think this is silly to put partisan politics ahead of what is good for the general citizenry? I do.

Well, I do recall when G.W. Bush was accused of the same crime, the accusations came from ideological enemies of the USA: college campuses, the UN, the French, the Hague, you know who, the usual suspects.

Obama is all by himself as the reason the world thinks that the USA is no longer a major world power and a laughingstock.

Some examples: Putin bitch-slapping Obama with his actions in the Ukraine has proven this; the Syrian 'red line' threat that was a joke in the world's eyes; blaming the Bhengazi terrorist attack on a You Tube video... a lie that caused deaths to our Ambassador and soldiers. Again, the world knew better, but the left wing in the USA still uses this lie as a reason. How about Obama and Hilary supporting our enemy the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt and elsewhere, all dangerous and scary stuff.

Israel and even some Arab countries have spoken on the record that Obama can't be trusted. I never read or heard from any legit source that the USA under Bush couldn't be trusted. Plain and simple no one trusts Obama, Kerry, Hilary and the USA anymore.
Look...I don't like arguing about politics, as a rule...because I consider it to be a colossal waste of time. NONE of us really know what we are talking about when it comes to politics...but, because we THINK that we do...it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE for us to change our minds about our political beliefs. Keeping in mind that I have respect for your opinions...here are some of my own:

I am a foreigner, as you know, and I make it my business to keep track of the news in my own country -- and in Europe in general. It was common knowledge that the USA could not be trusted in much of the world...even before Obama. I know that Americans don't like to hear this...but it is what it is.

Do I think that this is a BAD thing for this country? Should the USA be overly preoccupied with what the rest of the world thinks about her?

Of course not!

America should be primarily concerned with the welfare of the AMERICANS...and a high standard of living for the Americans would be the best way to silence those who go to great lengths to criticize this country. But that isn't what is happening now either.

This once-great country is mired in economic turmoil...and only "smoke and mirrors" are preventing its citizens from realizing how dire things really are. But the people can only be kept from the "truth" for so long...

The problems plaguing this country cannot be attributed solely to one political party...or to the other. These economic problems have been brewing for many years...and there is enough blame to go around. This "finger-pointing" is an old trick that country-leaders use, to distract the citizens from the real problems at hand.

America has been my home for the last 41 years...and will remain my home for the rest of my life. THIS is my country now...and I want nothing but the best for her -- and for all the people living here. But this country has been rather fortunate up 'til now...and the citizens here don't really remember how BAD bad can get -- when the governing body puts its own welfare ahead of the welfare of the people whom they've sworn to represent.

I see economic turmoil here...and incompetent leadership ALL THE WAY AROUND.

And my knowledge of history informs me that that's a recipe for disaster.

I hope I am wrong...

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-11-2014 at 08:54 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: