Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-02-2017, 04:23 PM   #16
ElKabong

Congrats Cj, wish we could have given you guys a good game

It's as if Charlie never left...on the good side, a lot of TEXAS faithful have made a lot of money the past two years betting against the Horns. They aren't very good to put it kindly. Poorly coached, very thin on talent esp in the trenches. Betting against us has been like stealing money.

I heard some fans threw some cards on the field late in the game. Not to worry. Those cards were thrown by our backup quarterbacks. Missed their targets....

Michigan just scored on the gators. Keep it going.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #17
ElKabong

It's pick six day today....Michigan hands two td's to Florida via pick six.
Old 09-02-2017, 07:13 PM   #18
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
Looking like a mortal lock.
So is the Michigan game. Florida just isn't in their class, but they hung in for three quarters thanks to two pick sixes. Florida can't move the ball on a quality defense.

The aggie bruin game interests me. If a&m wins I'll sweep the week....this is a big game for Sumlin.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:00 PM   #19
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Roll Tide
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-03-2017, 12:03 AM   #20
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
The guy you don't want to be right now?

The defensive coordinator at St. Scholastica College in Minnesota.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...98-0/623127001

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 06:00 AM   #21
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
I'd like two dollars on these please....

A&M + 3 vs ucla. Ags usually get off to a hot start

Maryland +20 vs TEXAS... These teams have met three times, Maryland has yet to score. This Texas team has no depth in the trenches or in the secondary. Game should be close.

Michigan, giving points to Florida. Should be a fun game to watch, the suspensions handed out by Florida won't be the determining factor imo.

Thank heavens cfb season is here
Sweep...lovely

Just watched the aggie meltdown. The wife and I were out late, dvr'd the game and was going to watch it Monday sometime. My brother texted me, "watch it when you get home"....No other details given

Still in disbelief. Not an aggie fan at all, and I did win the bet....but man, that was a true choke job of the highest order.

Josh Rosen's comments earlier were on target, glad he could pull this one out. He'll be a good nfl qb in the right situation.

Good luck to all in next week' games.

Last edited by ElKabong; 09-04-2017 at 06:04 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:20 AM   #22
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
The guy you don't want to be right now?

The defensive coordinator at St. Scholastica College in Minnesota.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/...98-0/623127001
The offense wasn't any better. They lost 98-0 racking up 52 yards and giving up 560. Their special teams must have been equally as bad. An opponent only needing an average of 40 yards a TD? I doubt ant facet of their game graded above an F
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 11:31 AM   #23
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Incredible game last night, especially the comeback from UCLA. But don't let that overshadow that the Terps spanked Texas in Austin just two short days ago.

#FearTheTurtle
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2017, 11:59 AM   #24
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Incredible game last night, especially the comeback from UCLA. But don't let that overshadow that the Terps spanked Texas in Austin just two short days ago.

#FearTheTurtle
They are going to need to tighten up the special teams. Otherwise, they could be poised for a pretty decent season.
Old 09-04-2017, 01:19 PM   #25
ElKabong

Quote:

#FearTheTurtle
Yep. Puts the terps right up there with Kansas

Seriously, all reports from spring practices and into August indicated this would be another bad team. Two years away from being a contender. I can live with it since its been the norm for awhile.

Back to the ucla aggie game, one regent has already asked for sumlin to walk into the sunset. That short leash just got cinched up
Old 09-05-2017, 10:57 AM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:

#FearTheTurtle

I am a UCLA fan, been one since I was a little kid. I don't know why I kept watching when it was 44-10. Glad my nearest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away. I was loudly voicing my displeasure at what I was seeing. If I was the A.D. I probably would have fired Mora at halftime.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am a UCLA fan, been one since I was a little kid. I don't know why I kept watching when it was 44-10. Glad my nearest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away. I was loudly voicing my displeasure at what I was seeing. If I was the A.D. I probably would have fired Mora at halftime.
I know the feeling. I remember Maryland beating Miami when trailing 31-0 at halftime. It is probably the reason that to this day I never give up on a game until the clock makes a comeback an impossibility.

And there was always this game, which featured two unbelievable comebacks in the same game:

Old 09-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #28
Valuist

UCLA's comeback was the equivalent of a deep closer winning a race that visually looks impressive, but in reality, the race fell apart.

Around the 8 minute mark, A & M was ahead by 13, they had rushed for nearly 400 yards, and had their QB complete only 3 of 12 passes for 27 yards. So what do they do? They tried throwing the ball downfield. A 4th down run by the QB helped put the ball into what should've been easy FG territory (only to blow it).

A & M missed intercepting several passes that should've been picked, their D was on the field way too long in the second half, and the heat and humidity got to them.

Don't be fooled by UCLA. They got their asses kicked for over 2 1/2 quarters.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2017, 03:19 PM   #29
ElKabong

Quote:
I know the feeling. I remember Maryland beating Miami when trailing 31-0 at halftime. It is probably the reason that to this day I never give up on a game until the clock makes a comeback an impossibility.

And there was always this game, which featured two unbelievable comebacks in the same game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg
Fox sports has a thirty minute documentary / special on that game. It makes its rounds on fssw and fsok during the year. If you haven't seen it yet you'll enjoy it.
Old 09-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #30
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Fox sports has a thirty minute documentary / special on that game. It makes its rounds on fssw and fsok during the year. If you haven't seen it yet you'll enjoy it.
I've seen it, was stationed in Wichita Falls at the time. Crazy, crazy game.