Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-02-2021, 04:52 PM   #16
mostpost

Justice Kavanaugh listed four examples of cases where the Supreme Court over turned previous rulings. Brown v Board of Education, Miranda v Arizona, Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges. What Justice Kavenaugh ignored is that those were all cases in which individual liberty and freedom were enhanced, whereas overturning Roe v Wade would greatly diminish the rights of women in this country.

It is amazing to me that the political party which constantly screams about individual liberty and personal freedom is the party which is trying to take away a woman’s right to choose; is the party which is trying to take away the right to vote. ; is the party suggesting only Christians should serve in Congress; is, in fact, not for individual liberty at all, unless that reflects their very narrow definition.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:42 PM   #17
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Justice Kavanaugh listed four examples of cases where the Supreme Court over turned previous rulings. Brown v Board of Education, Miranda v Arizona, Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges. What Justice Kavenaugh ignored is that those were all cases in which individual liberty and freedom were enhanced, whereas overturning Roe v Wade would greatly diminish the rights of women in this country.

It is amazing to me that the political party which constantly screams about individual liberty and personal freedom is the party which is trying to take away a woman’s right to choose; is the party which is trying to take away the right to vote. ; is the party suggesting only Christians should serve in Congress; is, in fact, not for individual liberty at all, unless that reflects their very narrow definition.
All your examples are a result of the political process. If the voters had wanted a different result they should have voted differently.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:05 PM   #18
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Why is it that WOMEN, who make up a majority of the electorate, have failed in protecting their reproductive rights?
you mean their constitutional rights? or their rights to murder their children?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2021, 06:24 PM   #19
AndyC

[QUOTE=mostpost;2769928]Justice Kavanaugh listed four examples of cases where the Supreme Court over turned previous rulings. Brown v Board of Education, Miranda v Arizona, Lawrence v Texas and Obergefell v Hodges. What Justice Kavenaugh ignored is that those were all cases in which individual liberty and freedom were enhanced, whereas overturning Roe v Wade would greatly diminish the rights of women in this country......./QUOTE]

Would overturning Roe v Wade enhance the rights of a child in a woman's womb?
Old 12-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #20
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
you mean their constitutional rights? or their rights to murder their children?
A fetus is not a child but whatever you think, dude. I don’t particularly care.

I like the option of abortion for those who won’t take responsibility for their actions. It saves me money. If it goes away, so be it. But like I said before, I won’t be around.
Old 12-02-2021, 06:32 PM   #21
boxcar

Quote:

No one has the right to murder another human being. See Ex 21:22-25.

Also, list the rightS of women that would be "greatly diminished" if Roe were to be overturned with respect to abortions-on-demand.

Last edited by boxcar; 12-02-2021 at 06:33 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2021, 06:41 PM   #22
fast4522

Quote:
A fetus is not a child but whatever you think, dude. I don’t particularly care.

I like the option of abortion for those who won’t take responsibility for their actions. It saves me money. If it goes away, so be it. But like I said before, I won’t be around.
So it is not about you or your money, this case is states rights.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2021, 06:52 PM   #23
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Everything is about me and my money.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #24
fast4522

Quote:
The states rights supersede any and all piss ass feelings about individuals and their moneys.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:51 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Oh, no..you don't understand liberals. It's all about TJ's money -- you know all that money that he's not going to take with him when his number is punched. Most liberals live in a very tiny universe. And in each case the name of the universe is the same: SELF.
Old 12-02-2021, 10:09 PM   #26
davew

Quote:
you must love the JoeHo plan on taking most of it and redistributing to be more equitable
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-02-2021, 10:45 PM   #27
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Oh, no..you don't understand liberals. It's all about TJ's money -- you know all that money that he's not going to take with him when his number is punched. Most liberals live in a very tiny universe. And in each case the name of the universe is the same: SELF.
It is his religion isn't it, what is good for his house let no man go into. I am more interested in the underpinnings of our system and what it provides for or not. When his number is punched remains a very private thing, although he provides a clear picture of how much runway he has left in his breadcrumbs. The universe that liberals live in has nothing to do with us other than current policy, but live and let live right? How much time are we going to spend on things that we can not change.?
Old 12-02-2021, 11:28 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The universe that liberals live in has nothing to do with us other than current policy, but live and let live right?
Actually, the libs say live and let die.

Old 12-03-2021, 01:17 AM   #29
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
No one has the right to murder another human being. See Ex 21:22-25.

Also, list the rightS of women that would be "greatly diminished" if Roe were to be overturned with respect to abortions-on-demand.
The right to control their own body. The right to make decisions about their health and well-being without interference from the state. The right to decide when and if they want to start a family. The right to decide how many children they want to have in that family.
Old 12-03-2021, 01:35 AM   #30
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
The right to control their own body. The right to make decisions about their health and well-being without interference from the state.
So, no forced jabs either....right?
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: