Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 07-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #226
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I'm normally a trend follower, and a value contrarian where a company or commodity fits my narrative. Having looked at several indicators for silver(SLV), picking a target of 36.00/ounce for this precious metal.

It hasn't been that high since early 2012, and during 2011. Don't ask me when, which isn't very helpful. IMO it will outperform gold and the market for the next year. Oil will probably hit the 53/bbl target before silver gets to its target.

Do your own diligence, I've read zero other people's articles on this metal.
good chance for silver to correct if it loses $22 today. it could get hit as much as $3 to $4
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 09:31 AM   #227
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
good chance for silver to correct if it loses $22 today. it could get hit as much as $3 to $4
Huh? $22? It hasn't been that high in about 7 years. Am I missing something? But after yesterday, I'm hoping for a correction.
(edit)-now I'm thinking you were looking at the pre-market.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-22-2020 at 09:36 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #228
lamboguy

Quote:
Huh? $22? It hasn't been that high in about 7 years. Am I missing something? But after yesterday, I'm hoping for a correction.
(edit)-now I'm thinking you were looking at the pre-market.
i am not looking at no premarket, as i type spot silver is $22.38 the ounce. i know what you are thinking and it might be right that silver is going for that $31-$34 range. but i am lining it up with the US dollar which looks like its going to break 95 now and go to the 94.650 level. i believe that it will crack that level, but not on the first try. someone is going to support it at that number and they will be selling the kitchen sink to keep it above that if they can.
Old 07-22-2020, 10:55 AM   #229
lamboguy

https://www.apmex.com/category/20000/silver-bullion
Old 07-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #230
Ocala Mike

Who's the JNJ guy on here, FakeNameChanged? Anyway, do you hear any rumors from that direction about a possible combination with Novavax? There are rumors of this on the NVAX message sites.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2020, 07:12 AM   #231
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Who's the JNJ guy on here, FakeNameChanged? Anyway, do you hear any rumors from that direction about a possible combination with Novavax? There are rumors of this on the NVAX message sites.
Without researching further, I heard, think it was Cramer say that JNJ with their massive capacity would team up with whomever develops the vaccine to produce it in volume. I'll do a little more work later on.

From earlier research I've done, AZN has been picked by 21 analysts as the front runner in developing the vaccine. But they also have Moderna and Pfizer as 2nd most likely. I only have Moderna as not likely, based on their track record with vaccines, stock promoting CEO, and negative insider activity. NVAX would not be a surprise at all.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:15 PM   #232
FakeNameChanged

Moderna

Quote:
WTH's Up with Moderna, they're in stage 3 or 4 trials for a vaccine for COVID-19 and JP Morgan downgrades them? Shares down 11-12% today. And since my last couple of posts on this, insiders have been rushing to sell their shares, millions more since my last post.

The put/call options ratio has risen dramatically as well, but that could just be on the downgrade. Short sellers have been building their positions even before the downgrade, but that can't be relied upon, Tesla comes to mind.
I wrote my last comment about this company one week ago. Since then CEO and Chief Medical officer have sold another $3.6-3.7 million of their shares. The Chief Medical officer, who's a Med. Doctor(scientist) has sold ALL of his shares in the company that's going to develop the COVID-19 vaccine?? Does that make any sense at all?

It does fit in with his pattern over the last 7+ months where he exercises a stock option, and almost immediately sells it to the tune of $49+ million. So he's never sitting on any shares of the company where he's Chief Medical Officer; that's a ringing endorsement.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:26 PM   #233
lamboguy

Quote:
i am not looking at no premarket, as i type spot silver is $22.38 the ounce. i know what you are thinking and it might be right that silver is going for that $31-$34 range. but i am lining it up with the US dollar which looks like its going to break 95 now and go to the 94.650 level. i believe that it will crack that level, but not on the first try. someone is going to support it at that number and they will be selling the kitchen sink to keep it above that if they can.
i am wrong again! they cracked it on the first try. silver going to reach for $31
Old 07-27-2020, 02:59 PM   #234
FakeNameChanged

$silver

Quote:
i am wrong again! they cracked it on the first try. silver going to reach for $31
I use point & figure charts to "attempt" to pick targets. Last week it looked like $36, it's now looking like $43.50 to $44.80. This metal has been coiled up for a long time, so who knows. That would put it close to the highs of 2011. Seems like a reach, right now.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:03 PM   #235
lamboguy

Quote:
I use point & figure charts to "attempt" to pick targets. Last week it looked like $36, it's now looking like $43.50 to $44.80. This metal has been coiled up for a long time, so who knows. That would put it close to the highs of 2011. Seems like a reach, right now.
not really. the dollar is breaking down now. i was thinking a straight line move to the 31-35 area. some day you will see much higher price in silver. i just post what i see ahead.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:48 AM   #236
FakeNameChanged

Gold/Silver Rel. Strength to $USD

http://schrts.co/fSeWvwJS

Looking at the last 16+ years of Gold & Silver Relative to the US Dollar, we've just come out of 8-1/2+ years of Gold & Silver having a negative rel. strength to the US Dollar. The average cycle over almost 20 years has been 3-1/2+ years before it has changed. With govt. intervention, the current trend could continue for a while.

(edit): that last negative cycle of 8+ years also correlates to the S&P500.

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 07-29-2020 at 07:53 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2020, 10:07 PM   #237
FakeNameChanged

$Natgas closed above 150-day Average

$Natgas has only closed above the 150 day EMA three times this whole year. And each time it failed to follow through on the following day or even the following week. It has been up 6 out of the last 7 days, which also hasn't happened this year. The 8-day, 20-day, and 50-day EMA's are all headed up, but that happens occasionally during the year, and it's still stuck in range.

If it can close above the 250-day EMA @ 2.036, then maybe it will start to move up. It's still one ugly chart.

http://schrts.co/yvbzMtYc
Old 07-31-2020, 01:19 PM   #238
FakeNameChanged

Insider Sales $$

Insider sales for the month of July have been HYUGE! Not many buys, maybe they're anticipating another lockdown nationwide? Two of the biggest insider buys mentioned on here, OPK and RVP, stopped insider buying in late June.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:36 PM   #239
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

The RVP CEO has been buying stock under a 10b5-1 program (pre-arranged buying program) for literally years, and that program bought stock in July.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 05:05 PM   #240
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
The RVP CEO has been buying stock under a 10b5-1 program (pre-arranged buying program) for literally years, and that program bought stock in July.
Good catch, I'd missed that. RVP has been up over 350% since mentioning it(sev. times) on 4/28. Best performer in my holdings, although down today.