Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-23-2020, 09:21 PM   #1396
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Who said same results? Europe had tighter restrictions and more lockdons. They had much fewer deaths.

As of Sep 9, 2020......

If the US had Canada’s Covid-19 death rate, 100,000 more Americans would likely be alive today
https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2...-canada-europe

If the US had the same death rate as the European Union overall, nearly 84,000 Americans wouldn’t have died from Covid-19 (out of the nearly 190,000 who have died so far).

If the US had the same death rate as Canada, nearly 109,000 Americans wouldn’t have died from Covid-19.

If the US had the same death rate as Germany, more than 152,000 Americans wouldn’t have died from Covid-19.

If the US had the same death rate as Australia, more than 179,000 Americans wouldn’t have died from Covid-19.

If the US had the same death rate as Japan, more than 185,000 Americans wouldn’t have died from Covid-19.
Total BULLSHIT...according to John Hopkins....who ARE you going TO believe Mr. Chartman....Seriously....oh...that's right....what-ever fits you CUCKING agenda...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

US at 2.1%
Canada at 3.4%

totally DESTROYS your link....which is right....???

oh by the way....remember....populations WORLDWIDE are under-reported by 10 fold....so those %'s are .2 and .3....but hey...that's a different debate ...and statistically...not EVEN a debate...
Old 11-24-2020, 05:18 AM   #1397
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You're always wrong.

You were wrong for four straight years.

You were wrong that the Republicans as a whole were going to get decimated in the 2020 elections.

The only thing you got right was that Trump would lose reelection after being bombarded 24/7 with MSM lies, exaggerations and fake deep state investigation after investigation...topped off with a bullshit impeachment.

And even then, it was closer than you or ely ever thought it would be.

So I guess, CONGRATS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vnu7ldUjnQ
Two years ago I started a thread " It is only a matter of time" in regards to Trump's demise.

6+ months ago I corrected the notiion that covid was no worse than the flu and told you and supporters "it was only a matter of timed till it became much, much worse than the seasonal flu"

How's about your predictions?
Old 11-24-2020, 05:31 AM   #1398
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
Total BULLSHIT...according to John Hopkins....who ARE you going TO believe Mr. Chartman....Seriously....oh...that's right....what-ever fits you CUCKING agenda...

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

US at 2.1%
Canada at 3.4%

totally DESTROYS your link....which is right....???

oh by the way....remember....populations WORLDWIDE are under-reported by 10 fold....so those %'s are .2 and .3....but hey...that's a different debate ...and statistically...not EVEN a debate...
Deaths/100K pop. is what is pertinent. Not case fatality rate.

Us has over twice the Deaths/100K pop. than Canada

31.04---Canada
78.49----US

less than 40%
Old 11-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #1399
tucker6

Quote:

31.04---Canada
78.49----US

less than 40%
Why is that stat more pertinent than the other stat?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 07:03 AM   #1400
sammy the sage

Quote:

31.04---Canada
78.49----US

less than 40%
they SHOULD correlate...figures lie and liers figure....as I pointed out...someone IS LYING....you FIGURE it out....
Old 11-24-2020, 11:36 AM   #1401
hcap

Quote:
they SHOULD correlate...figures lie and liers figure....as I pointed out...someone IS LYING....you FIGURE it out....
Sammy the fault is not in your stars, but in your misunderstanding of the science.

Sammy, hate to say it, but your rather mindless zeal to be the premier poster boy for "false equivalencies" deflates your sage-ness.

The Topic was how mitigation like lockdowns, and masks reduces community spread. Deaths/100K pop. is the result of the degree of contagion. Not case fatality rate.

Which tells us suitability of the disease.

Last edited by hcap; 11-24-2020 at 11:38 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #1402
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Why is that stat more pertinent than the other stat?
Just told Sammy.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:54 PM   #1403
sammy the sage

Quote:
Sammy the fault is not in your stars, but in your misunderstanding of the science.

Sammy, hate to say it, but your rather mindless zeal to be the premier poster boy for "false equivalencies" deflates your sage-ness.

The Topic was how mitigation like lockdowns, and masks reduces community spread. Deaths/100K pop. is the result of the degree of contagion. Not case fatality rate.

Which tells us suitability of the disease.
I didn't misunderstand at all...goal posts were moved...as usual when called out...thanks for making my point tho...
Old 11-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #1404
46zilzal
velocitician

Better healthcare in Canada...No one "fears' going to doctors
Old 11-25-2020, 06:59 AM   #1405
hcap

Quote:
I didn't misunderstand at all...goal posts were moved...as usual when called out...thanks for making my point tho...
You used "case fatality rate" to draw an erroneous conclusion about community spread, while accusing me of lying to you.

Snap out of it.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:33 AM   #1406
sammy the sage

Quote:
You used "case fatality rate" to draw an erroneous conclusion about community spread, while accusing me of lying to you.

Snap out of it.
DIDN'T accuse you OF LYING to me....take reading comprehension 101 again...PLEASE...

Did accuse you of buying a MIS-LEADING article on THE figures USED....hook, line, and sinker....

you NEED to snap out of it....THINK FOR YOURSELF longer than 10 sec.s about

the BIG picture is instead of BEING TOLD WHAT to think
Old 11-25-2020, 07:43 AM   #1407
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Better healthcare in Canada...No one "fears' going to doctors
You mean the wait time to see a doctor in Canada has declined?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2020, 09:24 AM   #1408
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
You mean the wait time to see a doctor in Canada has declined?
That is COMPLETE fiction promoted long ago by the AMA and then became "common knowledge" by clowns who NEVER made use of that system once nor EVER even observed it....Not once, NOT EVER when my wife was ill with COPD, were we ever to wait that long for service NOR were we ever charged.

I worked in the Medical Services Plan of British Columbia and the Ontario Hospitalization Plan and NEVER missed out on things like MRI, x-rays ultrasound, blood work, routine physicals, or immunizations (my family doctor used to call ME to remind me to come in and get pneumonia, flu and shingles vaccinations when I was older and they came to be far more important). All the doctors I experienced in those two places, practiced PREVENTATIVE medicine and I was in their offices at least twice a year complaint or not. Now sometimes one's appointment for one of the advanced medical imaging machines was at an odd time of day,i.e. 9 PM or later as they kept hem going almost 24 hrs per day.

We (late wife and I) NEVER waited any longer in the ER than I ever experienced in a US hospital as triage worked just the same way...Also, and most important, her long battle with lung disease never bankrupted us....She had home care visits from the local hospital's nursing staff to help here with IV's, instructional nurses to help her with the home care oxygen generators etc. A long term smoker, I pleaded with her over the years to curtail what would eventually kill her, but that addiction overwhelmed common sense. Even when she had a collapsed lung, IN the hospital, she asked me to bring her two cigarettes (because she said she felt more comfortable just holding a non-lit one.)

I once got food poisoning and went to the Burnaby General (near Vancouver) and waiting all of 90 seconds before being admitted. The staff had several other admissions all from the same food source that day: Cantaloupe.

I hear crap all the time about someone going to another country for medical care, BUT NOT once were these for anything but elective procedures.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:56 AM   #1409
hcap

Quote:
DIDN'T accuse you OF LYING to me....take reading comprehension 101 again...PLEASE...

Did accuse you of buying a MIS-LEADING article on THE figures USED....hook, line, and sinker....

you NEED to snap out of it....THINK FOR YOURSELF longer than 10 sec.s about

the BIG picture is instead of BEING TOLD WHAT to think
What a dumb bunch of arguments.

1-You accused me of "moving the goalposts", when you had no idea of what were the correct goalposts
2-You used PA's absurd "you CUCKING agenda", assuming I had an agenda.

Grow a pair. Admit you were wrong, instead of denying you lost big time, like the inept clod is still doing

Last edited by hcap; 11-25-2020 at 11:58 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #1410
hcap

So much for the "herd immunity diehards here.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EnoP45HX...pg&name=medium

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: