Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 09-10-2020, 09:43 AM   #256
FakeNameChanged

Chart for Nikola below

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
A short seller research company named Hindenburg? calls them an intricate fraud.
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/e2744fb5...indenburg.html
http://schrts.co/NfhYuzCy
Old 09-13-2020, 09:00 AM   #257
FakeNameChanged

$US Dollar

Looks to me like maybe the $ has stabilized and come off the bottom. Time will tell.
http://schrts.co/ZtrvKuYA

The $USD also looks favorable compared to the S&P500
http://schrts.co/azpvmWHv
Old 09-21-2020, 10:19 AM   #258
FakeNameChanged

Ouch! -Nikola CEO resigns

Quote:
Been calling this a short for a few months now. It gapped down over 17% this morning. This company has been a PT Barnum s_ _ _ show since it began. A top director sold about $60 mil last month. The Chairman(now resigned) made a token insider buy last week of ~1.3 mil. Lost 1/3 third of that in a week.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:39 AM   #259
FakeNameChanged

Is Dow dropping 1000 today?

Both the S&P and Dow30 gave strong sell signals on 9/4/20. The Nasdaq was a day earlier. Charts showing signals.

S&P chart: (Dow30 is almost identical)
http://schrts.co/ZnNkByHf

Nasdaq chart(red arrow on chart sell signal)
http://schrts.co/axejjKEK
Old 09-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #260
lamboguy

i just read about Nikola. the company supposedly came up with a way to use 81% less hydrogen than the other guys. pretty impossible to do but what the kicker is that the CEO hired his own brother to be the head of the hydrogen division of the company. his brother was a contractor in Hawaii that poured concrete. the CEO could have probably hired me for half what he payed his brother because i think i know as much about hydrogen than he does, which happens to be nothing.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #261
Tor Ekman

I've seen the Nikola CEO interviewed on Fox Business with Maria B. a few times and each time I couldn't help thinking that something was off with him and the company and sooner or later something would come out that would bring it crashing down
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2020, 08:33 PM   #262
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor Ekman View Post
I've seen the Nikola CEO interviewed on Fox Business with Maria B. a few times and each time I couldn't help thinking that something was off with him and the company and sooner or later something would come out that would bring it crashing down
The market just loves frauds(NOT). You have to wonder about GM's management team hitching their wagon to the "clown rodeo" known as Nikola. That was a quote from Timothy O'Brien at Bloomberg.

Mary Barra when asked about doing their due diligence on Nikola, said they did "appropriate diligence", I guess that's CEO talk for half-assed diligence. This is a frkn joke for a top exec to make this call. I'll eat my words when their first semi's are rolling off the production lines in big numbers; and the hydrogen infra-structure is set up to fuel them.
Old 10-01-2020, 06:33 AM   #263
FakeNameChanged

Nikola

Quote:
The market just loves frauds(NOT). You have to wonder about GM's management team hitching their wagon to the "clown rodeo" known as Nikola. That was a quote from Timothy O'Brien at Bloomberg.

Mary Barra when asked about doing their due diligence on Nikola, said they did "appropriate diligence", I guess that's CEO talk for half-assed diligence. This is a frkn joke for a top exec to make this call. I'll eat my words when their first semi's are rolling off the production lines in big numbers; and the hydrogen infra-structure is set up to fuel them.
A fairly astute analyst on CNBC made the statement yesterday, that if GM was and is still so enamored with NKLA's hydrogen battery semi, why not just buy the whole damn thing. GM said they're not backing out of their $2 Bil investment, of which half has evaporated already. Market cap yday after going up 14% is $7.6 billion. While the 8 day trend line has crossed below the 250 day exp. average, it has the look of a bottom, barring more bad news. If you're on the GM board, you have to assume that it wasn't all smoke and mirrors. Hopefully Mary Barra isn't too proud to bail if that's the case.

http://schrts.co/PHpWxIFy

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 10-01-2020 at 06:34 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2020, 07:52 AM   #264
FakeNameChanged

Metuan Dianping & Election prediction call

Quote:
Okay I know investing in a Chinese company by anyone on this board probably isn't going to resonate too much. MD is the third largest tech company in China behind Alibaba and Tencent. While this company is primary a fundamental play with good technicals right now, I mention it on the contrarian thread because of the country it represents. I made a small investment last week, and may add if the revenues continue to grow at a record pace.

As to China as an investment, with 1.3 billion people and potential customers for MD, from an investment view, they are hard for me to ignore. MD surpassed Baidu in market cap with Bidu at $35 Billion, vs. $54.8 billion for MD. Their business covers a phone super App for Food delivery, Travel, Movie tickets, Restaurant reservations & Ride Hailing. In our country, that takes a half-dozen apps and companies to accomplish. They aready have 400 million active users in China with 1.3 billion base to go after. They have already taken market share from Alibaba on Food delivery. If you're not familiar with Alibaba, they are China's version of Amazon.

Anyone who has followed Facebook and Amazon, knows they didn't make any money for 5 years or longer, which is pretty typical for tech startups. The first 4 years, Meituan Dianping also didn't make any money, but in their last quarter, they reported making a suprise profit of $124 million, which is something Amzn or FB never did that early on. They also have a Current Ratio above 2.20 which is great for a new tech company. Anything above 1.0 is considered good.

So what are potential negatives? First of all, like VW years ago, they only trade on the US market OTC. VW was OTC here and the largest automaker in the world. They now been eclipsed by Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi. Being OTC, their liquidity is low, but if their revenues stay on a 50% growth rate, the number of shares should rise as well. I'm not listing the actual symbol, so this isn't a recommendation to buy, which it isn't. Before this, my only Chinese market exposure has been BABA, other than US companies like KFC and McDonalds who have a large presence in China.
Adam Khoo, who I think is one of the sharpest value and tech analysis guys on the web, gave me this company last fall(Sept). I posted about MPNGF last Oct. 10, when it sat in the 10's. He made the call a few weeks earlier at 9. I'd never heard of this company before that. It closed in the 42's Friday.

He also used the market to predict who would win the election, posted 11/2. His method is posted below, basically using the 3 months prior to Nov. to see who wins. Since I don't wager on elections, it didn't mean much to me. I barely bet on horses any more either.

Old 11-09-2020, 08:28 AM   #265
FakeNameChanged

JNJ-again

Old Johnson & Johnson looks to be in the beginning of a post election bounce.
They had one of harshest pandemic declines and sharpest V-shaped recoveries, see chart.

http://schrts.co/cKzUHiwj
Old 11-23-2020, 10:29 AM   #266
FakeNameChanged

Alibaba

Looks like BABA is rising from the ashes after the Chinese govt. hammered them with anti-monopoly charges. I still think they'll rival Amazon for sales in a few years.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:03 AM   #267
FakeNameChanged

Nikola

NKLA has once again risen above their 250 day Expon. Mov Average, on good volume the last 3 days. The fact that GM has NOT backed out of deal with Nikola, and also said they're getting more aggressive with El. Vehicles may be a good omen. It sounds like they're(GM) serious about challenging TESLA.

This market (EV's) must look huge to entrepreneurs as there is a new start-up being announced almost every couple of months. ARRIVAL is one (5 yrs old) that will specialize in EL vans and buses. Plans to locate some mfg. in the US and UK. With the huge growth in online business, Vans, delivery trucks and semis is a growth market.
Old 11-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #268
Ocala Mike

I still have a few shares of NVAX left - will probably regret taking most shares off the table. Today it popped nicely on no news. I wouldn't be surprised if it announces next on the vaccine front as 99% effective, with no storage concerns, and with the manufacturing and distribution channels (heavily weighted to outside the US) already in place. They also have a flu vaccine in the works.

Maybe not too late to pick up more shares below $100.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-26-2020, 07:03 PM   #269
jay68802

Did not here until today, but we are now part owner of this.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2020, 12:43 PM   #270
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
I still have a few shares of NVAX left - will probably regret taking most shares off the table. Today it popped nicely on no news. I wouldn't be surprised if it announces next on the vaccine front as 99% effective, with no storage concerns, and with the manufacturing and distribution channels (heavily weighted to outside the US) already in place. They also have a flu vaccine in the works.

Maybe not too late to pick up more shares below $100.
Up $20-$21 today.