Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Old 08-02-2020, 10:42 PM   #241
FakeNameChanged

Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Oil has only closed above $41/bbl one other time since the pandemic began, and it almost cleared 42 yesterday(41.92). It still needs to get above the 250 Day EMA at 43.36 to be considered in an uptrend. $Natgas is still in an ugly down trend.
After closing 7 straight days above 41, oil has been down in the 40's, the last two days. Treading water in the 39-41 for 39 straight days, it's starting to look like it might roll over, or just keep treading along in this channel. It may be waiting for the election results. The bearish ETF, SCO looks like it's ready to crossover to the upside, which is a bearish signal.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #242
FakeNameChanged

NatGas futures

Quote:
$Natgas has only closed above the 150 day EMA three times this whole year. And each time it failed to follow through on the following day or even the following week. It has been up 6 out of the last 7 days, which also hasn't happened this year. The 8-day, 20-day, and 50-day EMA's are all headed up, but that happens occasionally during the year, and it's still stuck in range.

If it can close above the 250-day EMA @ 2.036, then maybe it will start to move up. It's still one ugly chart.

http://schrts.co/yvbzMtYc
Futures were up over 9% on Natgas a few minutes ago. Looks like this is a follow through day after piercing the 150 day average. Still not up to the 250 day, but it gets closer.
Old 08-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #243
FakeNameChanged

Natgas follow through

Quote:
Futures were up over 9% on Natgas a few minutes ago. Looks like this is a follow through day after piercing the 150 day average. Still not up to the 250 day, but it gets closer.
Wow, Natgas up 17% today. Followed through above the 150 and 250 EMA's, first follow thru all year. Not sure what's driving gas so high.

Oil on the other hand, closed below 41 again, sideways for 40 days.
Old 08-03-2020, 05:12 PM   #244
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Wow, Natgas up 17% today. Followed through above the 150 and 250 EMA's, first follow thru all year. Not sure what's driving gas so high.

Oil on the other hand, closed below 41 again, sideways for 40 days.
Correction, 41.01 today.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #245
Ocala Mike

NVAX almost gave me a heart attack after hours. Went from near $160 to below $105, then back to over $170 where it is now. GLAD I DIDN'T HAVE ANY STOPS IN! Not sure what happened (something to do with erroneous reporting), and there's going to be an SEC investigation, for sure. Lots of weak hands got stopped out - shameful!

Bottom line - the Phase 1 trial was mint!
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-04-2020, 09:56 PM   #246
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
NVAX almost gave me a heart attack after hours. Went from near $160 to below $105, then back to over $170 where it is now. GLAD I DIDN'T HAVE ANY STOPS IN! Not sure what happened (something to do with erroneous reporting), and there's going to be an SEC investigation, for sure. Lots of weak hands got stopped out - shameful!

Bottom line - the Phase 1 trial was mint!
I saw the scroll across the CNBC feed saying it was $163, and thought well Mike's a happy camper. I'm betting on the field all against Fauci's favorite Moderna.
Old 08-04-2020, 10:19 PM   #247
FakeNameChanged

$NatGas follow thru

Quote:
Today $Natgas gapped clean above the 250 EMA, and closed almost 8% above it. Back to earth tomorrow? It hasn't been above the 250 day, since Nov. 2019, and then it came back hard. This is possibly the ugliest chart I look at on a daily basis. The next target is for the 50 EMA to cross above the 250. That hasn't happened since Sept.20, 2018, and it went almost straight up and two months later, straight down.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:39 AM   #248
Ocala Mike

Quote:

I saw the scroll across the CNBC feed saying it was $163, and thought well Mike's a happy camper. I'm betting on the field all against Fauci's favorite Moderna.
Taking a little more off the table this morning - guys are becoming millionaires with this stock (not me - not enough shares). I'm a big Fauci fan, but I do think he's backing the wrong horse here.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #249
FakeNameChanged

Oil futures

Quote:
After closing 7 straight days above 41, oil has been down in the 40's, the last two days. Treading water in the 39-41 for 39 straight days, it's starting to look like it might roll over, or just keep treading along in this channel. It may be waiting for the election results. The bearish ETF, SCO looks like it's ready to crossover to the upside, which is a bearish signal.
Oil futures look like a possible uptick over the 250 day EMA(@ 43.18) after flatlining for two plus months. Will have to see what the volume looks like today. The bearish SCO downticked yesterday, but the energy commodities are a tricky bunch.
Old 08-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #250
FakeNameChanged

$Natgas

Quote:
Today $Natgas gapped clean above the 250 EMA, and closed almost 8% above it. Back to earth tomorrow? It hasn't been above the 250 day, since Nov. 2019, and then it came back hard. This is possibly the ugliest chart I look at on a daily basis. The next target is for the 50 EMA to cross above the 250. That hasn't happened since Sept.20, 2018, and it went almost straight up and two months later, straight down.
So Natgas had a bear engulfing candle yesterday, if that means anything to anyone. But it still managed to close above the 250 EMA for the 3rd day in a row. That hasn't happened since Nov. 2019. Futures up again this morning.

Oil futures down, and closed at 41.95 yesterday, but on Wed, it did manage to briefly cross the 250 day EMA. Oil seems to follow the market in that it collapsed with the overall market, recovered quickly, but is now slowly inching higher.
Old 08-11-2020, 07:34 AM   #251
FakeNameChanged

$Natgas & Oil

Quote:
So Natgas had a bear engulfing candle yesterday, if that means anything to anyone. But it still managed to close above the 250 EMA for the 3rd day in a row. That hasn't happened since Nov. 2019. Futures up again this morning.

Oil futures down, and closed at 41.95 yesterday, but on Wed, it did manage to briefly cross the 250 day EMA. Oil seems to follow the market in that it collapsed with the overall market, recovered quickly, but is now slowly inching higher.
Natgas has now managed to close above the 250 Day EMA 6 straight days; was down yesterday, futures up today. Still trying to make up its mind if it tracks sideways, or drops abruptly.

Oil futures up slightly, but this commodity can track sideways for six months at a time, teasing to rise for a week or two, then retreats. It needs the stimulus of positive news and businesses and tranportation getting back to something relatively close to normal.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:39 AM   #252
FakeNameChanged

Oil & $Natgas

Quote:
Natgas has now managed to close above the 250 Day EMA 6 straight days; was down yesterday, futures up today. Still trying to make up its mind if it tracks sideways, or drops abruptly.

Oil futures up slightly, but this commodity can track sideways for six months at a time, teasing to rise for a week or two, then retreats. It needs the stimulus of positive news and businesses and tranportation getting back to something relatively close to normal.
Oil($WTIC) has been inching up slowly; from the 39's in early June to 42's now 2-1/2 months later.

$Natgas has risen almost parabolically staying 10 straight days above the 250 day EMA. It's been almost two years since that occurred. All of the Moving averages are now sloping upwards, and a big 8% up day on Friday. Probably taking a hit on Monday after that.

A week or two ago, I thought that Oil would cross the 250 day average before Natgas, but that didn't happen. Although the 50 day is close to crossing the 150 day, it's in slow motion. Oil was a lot more exciting shorting it when it was 110 per barrel.
Old 08-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #253
FakeNameChanged

Oil's close yesterday

Quote:
Oil($WTIC) has been inching up slowly; from the 39's in early June to 42's now 2-1/2 months later.

A week or two ago, I thought that Oil would cross the 250 day average before Natgas, but that didn't happen. Although the 50 day is close to crossing the 150 day, it's in slow motion. Oil was a lot more exciting shorting it when it was 110 per barrel.
Yesterday, Oil ($WTIC) finally closed .01 above the 250 day EMA which has been a long time coming. I'm probably the only person here, who thinks this is significant, which is okay. Naturally today, it's back tracking, but this commodity has been taking it's time for about 3 months. Frackers still need it to get closer to 50, if not over 50/bbl.

It closed into a doji candle, if you're a candlestick purist. In my understanding, that sometimes means the action is unclear, and it can go in either direction rapidly, but not always, LOL.

http://schrts.co/jkeCQNbd
Old 08-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #254
FakeNameChanged

$Natgas

Quote:

$Natgas has closed 20 straight days above the 250 day Exp. Mov. Average. the 8-21-50 day averages have all crossed the 250 day, and the 150 EMA is closing in on the 250 as well. Can this trend continue, who knows? This energy commodity has shown more of a positive trend than Oil, which struggles to close two consecutive days above the 250. Oil seems to be waiting for the election to see whether or not our country will be shutting down again.

Natural gas chart below if interested:

http://schrts.co/duXMkDJR
Old 09-10-2020, 09:22 AM   #255
FakeNameChanged

Nikola called a fraud

Quote:
Nikola(NKLA) looks like a short prospect to me. It looks like it's lost some of its cult steam lately. I've been avoiding cult stocks as much as possible. But I used to consider Apple a cult stock way back, but at least they had actual products that were getting bought. How many cultists will buy a $350-400K semi truck or an $80K pickup?

I do like their forward thinking of using hydrogen fuel cells to power their electric drives. I think they'll have to also build the infrastructre for hydrogen filling station. From what I've read, they're primarily located in California. No planned availability dates announced for the pickups yet. The CEO is like Elon Musk on steroids. The pickup's rated HP is 906 with 0-60 listed at 2.9 seconds. I heard him say the price for Badger pickup at 60-80K. It will most likely wind up at 80-100K. Of course a lot of people are spending 50-60K for pickups right now.

I think the opportunity to make money with the hydrogen stations, may dwarf the profitability of semi's and pickups. It will take a massive investment to put that into play.
A short seller research company named Hindenburg? calls them an intricate fraud.
https://finance.yahoo.com/m/e2744fb5...indenburg.html

Last edited by FakeNameChanged; 09-10-2020 at 09:25 AM.
FakeNameChanged is offline   Reply With Quote Reply