Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-19-2018, 01:30 PM   #61
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Hoyer's not a complete stiff, he's been in the league 8 years and started about 30 games, he has a 48-30 TD/INT ratio and an 86.8 qb rating.He'se another Gus Ferrotte/Jon Kitna/Matt Hasselbeck type, a backup who can be an adequate fill-in for short bursts and will be probably be holding the clipboard and wearing the baseball cap on the sidelines until he's 40.

Did you miss what happened in his only real play-off game appearance?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #62
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Did you miss what happened in his only real play-off game appearance?
I don't question that the Patriots will have a more difficult time winning if Brian Hoyer is the qb, but he's hardly some wet behind the ears rookie.He's still the most successful qb the Browns have had this decade.Which isn't saying much, I will concede.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #63
thaskalos

Tom Brady: "We'll see if I play Sunday".
Old 01-19-2018, 05:41 PM   #64
BetHorses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
We will be dead before he is out.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #65
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetHorses! View Post
We will be dead before he is out.
if Brady doesn't play, they will win by 20 instead of 40. this game is going to be a bloodbath no matter who plays quarterback
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #66
elysiantraveller

Brady struggles against teams that can pressure him without blitzing. I'll take the Jags and the points.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #67
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I listened to both Brady's and Belichick's press conferences yesterday. I feel like I have a lot of information to make a good decision on who to bet on. I like Brady wearing gloves when interviewed. Why the media ever bothers putting a microphone in front of either of those two is beyond me. You aren't going to get any more than name, rank and serial number out of either of them. I don't know who it was but I heard another player interview asking about Brady's hand.
The guy said Brady was so handsome he only looks at his face.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 01-20-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 11:43 AM   #68
reckless
Veteran

There's been too much late money on the Jaguars so ... I decided to bet the game and give the points.

Patriots defense along with Belichick's preparedness and coaching will stifle Bortles as I mentioned earlier. The popular Jags' run comes to a halt Sunday.

The Pats success will make it possible for the Jags to go after Eli Manning if he parts with the Giants. Bortles needs to win for him just be hinted as an elite or near elite QB. Not happening.

Plus, Brady with one hand, even if it's a throwing hand, is still better than most QBs in the NFL going full throttle.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #69
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
There's been too much late money on the Jaguars so ... I decided to bet the game and give the points.

Patriots defense along with Belichick's preparedness and coaching will stifle Bortles as I mentioned earlier. The popular Jags' run comes to a halt Sunday.

The Pats success will make it possible for the Jags to go after Eli Manning if he parts with the Giants. Bortles needs to win for him just be hinted as an elite or near elite QB. Not happening.

Plus, Brady with one hand, even if it's a throwing hand, is still better than most QBs in the NFL going full throttle.
Agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on late money, reckless.When everybody runs to the same side of the boat, it usually sinks. I know the NFL is REALLY sensitive to exaggerating or concealing injuries, which is why the Pats are not commenting on Brady's hand.We will know in a few plays how severe the injury, if any, is.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 01:19 PM   #70
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on late money, reckless.When everybody runs to the same side of the boat, it usually sinks. I know the NFL is REALLY sensitive to exaggerating or concealing injuries, which is why the Pats are not commenting on Brady's hand.We will know in a few plays how severe the injury, if any, is.
I like your line, barahona.

Good luck if you bet the game.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #71
lamboguy

Quote:
I like your line, barahona.

Good luck if you bet the game.
i have a friend that went to vegas to bet the playoffs. we bet the pats the first week and won. the next night the line comes out and we make the same bet -9 thinking the line would go to 11. luckily i only bet what i won on the first game against Jacksonville. they put up -7 and i had to bet whatever i had left on that number.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #72
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I agree with the over 23. The weather will be in the mid 40's and I am expecting some scoring.
We'll it was covered but Jacksonville looks pretty good. They must maintain their discipline or they will lose this game.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2018, 04:39 PM   #73
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:

Yeah, they look really stifled??? Adjustment time.......... If they can't stop these guys, good luck if they make it to the next round.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2018, 04:55 PM   #74
thaskalos

Bortles is 15/18 for 184 yards...and they won't let him throw on first and second down? The guy calling the offensive plays for the Jags must be an absolute MORON. How can you beat N.E. when you play scared like that? Why sit on the ball with a minute left and two timeouts at the half...after N.E. just scored a touchdown?
Old 01-21-2018, 06:02 PM   #75
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Bortles is 15/18 for 184 yards...and they won't let him throw on first and second down? The guy calling the offensive plays for the Jags must be an absolute MORON. How can you beat N.E. when you play scared like that? Why sit on the ball with a minute left and two timeouts at the half...after N.E. just scored a touchdown?
Completely changed from last week when they played to win. Not so this week. They played scared in the 4th, the coaches that is.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: