Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2016, 09:52 AM   #181
RunForTheRoses

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya:

http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know...y-if-trump-won
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:05 AM   #182
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
There is a final scene in the Robert Redford movie The Candidate...where Redford -- sitting in a chauffeured-driven limo after winning a most improbable run for the U.S. Senate -- turns to his campaign manager Peter Boyle and asks, with a bewildered look on his face: "Marvin...what do we do now?". I suspect that the exact same scene played itself out last night in the Trump limo. In fact...I thought I noticed the exact same look on Trump's face...as he entered his campaign headquarters last night for his victory speech.
Wow, good call.

One minor correction: it was a hotel room, not a limo

[YT=""]myEpap3TxVs[/YT]
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:08 AM   #183
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i got rid of my cable and to watch the results last night i was watching CNN live on my desktop. i liked the coverage they gave because it was unopinionated. they would break down the results county by county and compare them to the 2012 election when Romney got beat and you knew all along that Trump was going to win. it was better coverage than i saw for years watching regular television.

now i see why i don't miss cable, it just pollutes your brain cells.
CNN is a cable channel that you watched streaming on your computer, so I'm trying to connect your dots......
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:09 AM   #184
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
I dont post very often but what struck me after reading this article is this:

I moderated a polling district in a heavily Democratic and racially diverse Ct city. Exit polling from my district showed the African-American vote barely tilted toward Clinton. I am very curious to see results nationwide about the #'s of the "Black Vote" that "rascist" Trump got compared to other Repub presidential candidates from past elections .
My county is 1/3 black, yet at my very crowded polling place it might have been 1/6 black. I think the numbers of blacks voting dropped quite a bit, they decided on "neither of the above."
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #185
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
The New Yorker:

An American Tragedy
Your new hero...DAVID REMNICK

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-09-2016 at 10:29 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #186
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
In fact...I thought I noticed the exact same look on Trump's face...as he entered his campaign headquarters last night for his victory speech.
Me too...honest to God, that's what I was thinking.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #187
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Yesterday I voted for Trump but didn't think he had a chance. Under my breath I cursed him for acting like such a Neanderthal and alienating so many people. Went to bed at 10pm last night without watching any election coverage. My wife(who voted for Clinton) woke me up this morning with the news and it felt like Christmas.

Wow. Just goes to show that people are dumb but not stupid. That the American people can see through the media smokescreen and see what's actually going on in the nation. This is the greatest country in the history of mankind.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 10:57 AM   #188
classhandicapper

Quote:
There is a final scene in the Robert Redford movie The Candidate...where Redford -- sitting in a chauffeured-driven limo after winning a most improbable run for the U.S. Senate -- turns to his campaign manager Peter Boyle and asks, with a bewildered look on his face: "Marvin...what do we do now?". I suspect that the exact same scene played itself out last night in the Trump limo. In fact...I thought I noticed the exact same look on Trump's face...as he entered his campaign headquarters last night for his victory speech.
I thought the same thing.

One thing I have to say about Trump. That man has more energy than any human being I have ever witnessed. I have seen some crazy workaholics in my day, but that man is in a league all his own. I was casually following his activities. He was doing rally after rally every day. He was literally doing nothing but making speeches, flying to the next location (sometimes across the country), non stop, every day. If he took a break it was because he was on TV doing an interview. He must have been working close to 24 hours a day and only sleeping during flights. It was insane.

Last night for the first time he looked a little tired and shell shocked that he had actually won.
Old 11-09-2016, 11:03 AM   #189
Tor Ekman

The Portly Pantsuit (a/k/a Her Royal Thighness) was supposed to give her formal concession speech at 9:30 am, then pushed back to 10:30am, now past 11am and still no sign of the Hag at the podium . . . they must still be sobering her up
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:08 AM   #190
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Yea, she didn't have this speech planned.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #191
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
At best, I'm cautiously optimistic because Trump will have a long, uphill battle fighting the political establishment on on both sides of the aisle. Trump has about as many enemies on the "Right' as he does on the Left. The establishment will greatly resent him being in office from day one.
Unfortunately that's probably true. Trump will fight them tooth and nail though. I would imagine that he'll tell the American people which members of congress are holding up progress, this way we can vote them out in the mid term elections.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:17 AM   #192
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I thought the same thing.

One thing I have to say about Trump. That man has more energy than any human being I have ever witnessed. I have seen some crazy workaholics in my day, but that man is in a league all his own. I was casually following his activities. He was doing rally after rally every day. He was literally doing nothing but making speeches, flying to the next location (sometimes across the country), non stop, every day. If he took a break it was because he was on TV doing an interview. He must have been working close to 24 hours a day and only sleeping during flights. It was insane.

Last night for the first time he looked a little tired and shell shocked that he had actually won.
I was saying the same thing to my wife last night. I've never seen a candidate hustle like this guy. From early in the morning to late at night every day for the last 18 months he's either been speaking in front of people live or on radio or TV, or traveling to the next place. He was relentless. He will not be setting any records for most rounds of golf played.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:23 AM   #193
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan
The New Yorker:

An American Tragedy
Whining! He's already wrong. Look at the markets. Up! Not down
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #194
Tor Ekman

I picture her being dragged to the podium kicking and screaming like Cagney going to the chair in Angels with Dirty Faces
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-09-2016, 11:26 AM   #195
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Absolutely.

-jp