Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-20-2018, 01:29 PM   #61
Greyfox

Identity politics thrives because of the human need to belong.
It makes no demands on CHARACTER.
Instead membership is determined by D.N.A. - skin color, gender, sexual preferences enable members to believe that they are part of oppressed victim groups. "Poor me, I'm a victim" types feel empowered by the thought that they have found others who believe that they are oppressed just like them. They never take responsibility for their present lot in life.
It is easier for them to blame straight white males and the rich for their circumstances than accept personal responsibility.
As I said, it makes no demands on CHARACTER.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 02:25 PM   #62
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Hcap's initial reply in this thread was in post #19...to which boxcar responded in post #22. Which reply do you deem to be the more "respectful"? How can boxcar deserve "respect" from the opposing views here...when he has never shown such respect HIMSELF?
Sorry, but the use of the word "regurgitate" (by Hcap), an unpleasant visual, would set me off, too.

As to "never" (referring to Boxcar), I strongly disagree. I would be very much more hard-pressed to find a respectful post from Hcap. Maybe we just read things differently.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #63
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
It is easier for them to blame straight white malesand the rich for their circumstances than accept personal responsibility.
Two groups that do more than their share of blaming ,bitching and playing the victim card themselves.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #64
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh please......
Old 10-20-2018, 03:10 PM   #65
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
As to "never" (referring to Boxcar), I strongly disagree. I would be very much more hard-pressed to find a respectful post from Hcap. Maybe we just read things differently.

A respectful post from hcap - would make as much sense as "Hand me the piano."
Old 10-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #66
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Sorry, but the use of the word "regurgitate" (by Hcap), an unpleasant visual, would set me off, too.

Yes...I think it's safe to assume that we read things differently. The "disrespect" between Hcap and boxcar goes both ways...and it may very well be equally justified and well-deserved. But you took notice of Hcap's disrespectful tone, while ignoring boxcar's...and that just ain't fair, IMO.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #67
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Did you say "some bad people and their bad actions"?

You really need to get out more.

The Law of Distrust is as plain as the nose on your face, but you'd rather bite off your nose to spite your face. I have given numerous everyday, common examples of how the law is applied by every single one us. Here's another one, Humpty, that you can add to the list and that I personally experienced very recently.

A few days ago, I deposited 8K into one of MY bank accounts. But before the bank could process the deposit, they required my driver's license -- even though I provided them with the account number on the deposit slip and my ATM card. Of course, the bank, acting as an agent for the IRS (another reason to hate the income system), apparently didn't TRUST me. Perhaps they had in mind to file a SARs report with the IRS.

Anyhow...the point is (because I know you will want to miss it) is that this little incident neatly demonstrates the Law in action. After all...the Law states: All people unknown to others are presumed by others to be untrustworthy until they can prove otherwise.

As far as this Law and the Constitution is concerned, the framers clearly did not have a lot of trust for government. Bone up on American history, why the British colonialists migrated here to this country, etc. Even your low wattage anointed one, who is hardly the brightest bulb in the factory, clearly understood that the founding fathers' sole purpose in establishing the nation's government was to limit its power because government was not to be trusted. This is precisely why they established three co-equal branches, so that each branch would be a check on the other two.

Also, this is why the electoral college was firmly established, especially when the 12 Amendment was ratified. The central idea behind the electoral college was to AVOID investing all power in one body of people, thereby circumventing a pure democracy. The genius behind the electoral college was to dencentralize power -- divide the power among the people of each sovereign state, thereby effectively avoiding mob rule, which is what a pure democracy is.

So, yes, the U.S. Constitution actually reflects the universal principle of Distrust. This is why we're not a monarchy, not a totalitarian state or a pure democracy.

Live it, love it and learn it.
Amen Brother. One of the best posts I've read on this Forum.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #68
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
One cannot respect others when one has no respect for one's self.
One step further Tom, one cannot earn respect without first showing respect.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:27 PM   #69
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

All men are not equal, all men are created equal (big difference), "that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness."
Old 10-20-2018, 05:29 PM   #70
MargieRose

Quote:
Yes...I think it's safe to assume that we read things differently. The "disrespect" between Hcap and boxcar goes both ways...and it may very well be equally justified and well-deserved. But you took notice of Hcap's disrespectful tone, while ignoring boxcar's...and that just ain't fair, IMO.
I've pretty much tried to ignore most of what Hcap posts. By 'ignore' I mean read them/don't respond/just burn and move on...a lost cause, IMO. By 'lost cause' I mean his refusal to take to heart the many criticisms of his demeaning writing style/comments aimed at mostly, but not limited to, posters here. He is capable of offering up reasonable opinions; the rub is when they can't stand alone.

Also, I see most of the so-called "disrespectful" retorts aimed at Hcap as usually counterpunches. In your example, post #22 followed post #19. Counterpunches can certainly escalate, if provoked often enough. It's also why I added my two cents, where normally I would just 'move on.'

In addition, I understand that Boxcar's religious convictions can irritate some who are less so inclined, such as yourself and Hcap. However, in this particular political thread I could see the point that he was trying convey...like I said, the majority could relate to it.

Whatever the impetus was for Boxcar starting this thread, personal slurs against what is thought to be his intentions is uncalled for. To be fair, THAT is where the brakes should have been applied...IMO.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #71
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

To learn and receive respect, first you must show and give respect, that's what I meant to say above.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:45 PM   #72
hcap

Quote:
I said "respect toward PEOPLE."

Spewing "wild-eyed self important blathering evangelicals like you." is certainly disrespecting the PERSON(s) holding certain beliefs. Your view of religion has nothing to do with it.
Which is it? Wild eyed or blathering, you think is disrespectful?

Quote:
blath·er
/ˈblaT͟Hər/
verb

"talk long-windedly without making very much sense."
For example

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
And because you don't believe in sin, you once again fly in the face all reality as we know it. For the very essence of sin is lawbreaking; and all laws across all spectrum of societies in all nations exist because governing authorities presume everyone is a lawbreaker (and rightfully so, since every one of us at one time or another has broken some law -- no matter how trivial we may think it was at the time). The megabytes of irony is that human laws affirm the biblical doctrine of the universal Law of Sin.
One proclamation after another as he pretends to be god telling us all what reality is

Blathering and very disrespectful to non-"wild-eyed" evangelicals who believe otherwise. In other words the rest of the world's religions, including most Christians.

There have been two main threads here on religion, going back to the early 2000's. Boxcar would be less disrespectful of others to post his religious opinions thereabnd not disguise his religious views as politics.

Many of us have and no longer find his condescending rude and DISRESPECTFUF post to others there, appropriate to polite discourse.

Last edited by hcap; 10-20-2018 at 05:50 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 05:46 PM   #73
thaskalos

Quote:
I've pretty much tried to ignore most of what Hcap posts. By 'ignore' I mean read them/don't respond/just burn and move on...a lost cause, IMO. By 'lost cause' I mean his refusal to take to heart the many criticisms of his demeaning writing style/comments aimed at mostly, but not limited to, posters here. He is capable of offering up reasonable opinions; the rub is when they can't stand alone.

Also, I see most of the so-called "disrespectful" retorts aimed at Hcap as usually counterpunches. In your example, post #22 followed post #19. Counterpunches can certainly escalate, if provoked often enough. It's also why I added my two cents, where normally I would just 'move on.'

In addition, I understand that Boxcar's religious convictions can irritate some who are less so inclined, such as yourself and Hcap. However, in this particular political thread I could see the point that he was trying convey...like I said, the majority could relate to it.

Whatever the impetus was for Boxcar starting this thread, personal slurs against what is thought to be his intentions is uncalled for. To be fair, THAT is where the brakes should have been applied...IMO.
I disagree. IMO...the "brakes" should have been applied when you called for the "respect" that boxcar's posting style doesn't deserve, IMO. When boxcar starts respecting the conflicting opinions of others...then those conflicting opinions will respect boxcar's point of view. Respect is EARNED...it cannot be demanded.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 05:58 PM   #74
boxcar

Quote:
Well, 'scuse me all to the Lake of Fire -- but when have you ever called out Hcap for disrespecting me!?

So...before trying to pull any perceived speck out of Margie's eye, methinks you should remove the plank that is very clearly embedded in your own.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #75
hcap

Quote:

Now regurgitate is disrespectful?

Quote:
re·gur·gi·tate
/rəˈɡərjəˌtāt/
verb
verb: regurgitate; 3rd person present: regurgitates; past tense: regurgitated; past participle: regurgitated; gerund or present participle: regurgitating

bring (swallowed food) up again to the mouth.
"gulls regurgitate food for the chicks"
synonyms: disgorge, bring up
"a ruminant continually regurgitates food"
repeat (information) without analyzing or comprehending it.
"facts that can then be regurgitated at examinations"
synonyms: repeat, say again, restate, reiterate, recite, parrot
"regurgitating facts"
Hint to "repeat (information) without analyzing or comprehending it" is my rather colorful description.

So what?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: