Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-23-2018, 10:01 PM   #46
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
TVG comes in on my cable...but doesn’t mention that it is TVG1...how is TVG2 accessed on cable..?
Dish Network has it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 10:13 PM   #47
v j stauffer

Quote:
TVG comes in on my cable...but doesn’t mention that it is TVG1...how is TVG2 accessed on cable..?
I get my TVG2 on Roku. Perhaps others know if there are other ways.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:14 PM   #48
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
The problem with those is you have to have a TVG account, and depending where you live not everyone can get one. For example, Oklahoma. Weird because every other ADW I have found besides TVG and NYRABets takes Oklahoma.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 10:15 PM   #49
thaskalos

Quote:
Kurt is fabulous. Worked with him many times at Hollywood Park. Be thrilled to work with him anytime.

Friday: Solo on TVG2 from 1:00 to 4:30

Saturday: Solo on TVG2 from 1:00 to 4:00 then what's called The Bridge on TVG from 6:00 to 7:00.

Sunday: Solo on TVG2 from 3:00 to & 7:30

Send me a tweet during any of those shows and I'll say someting, probably nice, about PA.
I haven't as of yet been able to motivate myself to open a tweeter account. Maybe now I will.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:40 PM   #50
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I haven't as of yet been able to motivate myself to open a tweeter account. Maybe now I will.
Email mail@tvg.com should work for Vic if he checks it on air...or at least that’s what Rich Perloff tells viewers when he is on...

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-23-2018 at 11:42 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2018, 11:47 PM   #51
v j stauffer

Quote:
Email mail@tvg.com should work for Vic if he checks it on air...or at least that’s what Rich Perloff tells viewers when he is on...
I asked Rich about how to access emails. He said it was very complicated and I needed IT to help since I use my PC when on the air.

Rich suggested I push everybody to my twitter. So I did.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:16 AM   #52
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
I asked Rich about how to access emails. He said it was very complicated and I needed IT to help since I use my PC when on the air.

Rich suggested I push everybody to my twitter. So I did.
Email complicated..? Now I know Rich is a Dis-info agent like me.....there must be more to THIS “obvious fabrication”...
Better ask Rich if he wants to come clean about THAT ONE..
Old 09-24-2018, 12:36 AM   #53
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Email complicated..? Now I know Rich is a Dis-info agent like me.....there must be more to THIS “obvious fabrication”...
Honestly, I would like to Email, you see, like Gus I am twitter-less...and don’t really like the idea of becoming a Tweeter...
But alas, I’ll understand...as there no doubt are technical constraints involved...the portable handicapsule has not been invented yet...
Old 09-24-2018, 03:20 AM   #54
v j stauffer

Quote:
Honestly, I would like to Email, you see, like Gus I am twitter-less...and don’t really like the idea of becoming a Tweeter...
But alas, I’ll understand...as there no doubt are technical constraints involved...the portable handicapsule has not been invented yet...
If you want to email during my show. Here's my personal email. thegoofontheroof@hotmail.com I'll remind myself to check it during breaks.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:26 AM   #55
v j stauffer

Quote:
This isn't espionage. Everybody that checks the emails when on the air is using a TVG owned laptop that's connected to the corporate email. I was told it was very complicated to tap into that system from an outside computer. Laugh all you want. But that's the story.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:41 AM   #56
chiguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Matt is extremely knowledgable and well prepared. Does that not count for a lot? He's also a personality. All of these things make him good at his job. The fact that you are talking about him means he's doing his job well.

100% agree with this. You can tell when he is on that he has capped the races and put time in. I like that he takes a shot on some races and gives you excellent background on why while fully acknowledging that he is taking a shot. My favorite guy on that channel.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2018, 11:54 AM   #57
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I have seen Beyer on TV several times...and I find myself hanging on his every word. A Beyer/Serling TV segment that I saw a few years back remains as the single most enjoyable horse racing commentary that I can ever recall. I might be in the minority, but I don't much value the "glibness" of the TV hosts when I watch a horse racing show. My "entertainment" comes from the genuine handicapping knowledge that the hosts possess...and the sincerity with which they relay it to the viewer. Beyer has SUBSTANCE...and I'll take that over "style" ANY day!
Amen.
(insert bowing emoticon)
Old 09-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #58
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Very good point. Being animated, like you are, by the way, and Matt is, helps keep people from falling asleep. Some people are made for TV, some aren't. Like Andy Beyer. As a writer, he's one of the all-time greats. On TV, he makes watching paint dry seem exciting.
I don't find Beyer boring at all on air, though he's better with TLG or (before he retired) Steven Crist because obviously that's a different relationship than he has a random DRF host. Sounds more like two opinionated friends talking about the races, which is the ideal format to me.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2018, 01:43 PM   #59
AndyC

Quote:
I have seen Beyer on TV several times...and I find myself hanging on his every word. A Beyer/Serling TV segment that I saw a few years back remains as the single most enjoyable horse racing commentary that I can ever recall. I might be in the minority, but I don't much value the "glibness" of the TV hosts when I watch a horse racing show. My "entertainment" comes from the genuine handicapping knowledge that the hosts possess...and the sincerity with which they relay it to the viewer. Beyer has SUBSTANCE...and I'll take that over "style" ANY day!
You beg the question as to what substance is. Having spent a small amount of time with Matt while I was leaching a seat in his dad's box at Del Mar, I would say that he has great handicapping knowledge and a passion for racing that rivals Beyer's. So in my view it would come down to style. If somebody is giving me good information I can overlook their style.
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #60
castaway01

Quote:
If you're a TVG customer, like we're forced to be here in NJ, you can stream TVG and/or TVG2 through the TVG site as well.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: