Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #46
Secondbest

The Giants had a window early this year to cut Eli. They didn't so now he's there for at least the 2019 season.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #47
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

FitzMagic is my newest favoritist player of all-time.

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #48
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Thursday Night Football is upon us again for the last game of summer. (Autumn begins on Saturday).Tonight the New York Jets travel to Cleveland to play the the Browns.The numbers as I write this is Cleveland by 3 with an O/U of 41.
The mantra on the Browns is that they've got a lot of good young talent and they'll improve and compete better.Well, maybe that will finally happen this year.Their defense gave 2 high powered offenses,the Steelers and Saints all they could handle.One thing about the NFL is that defenses tend to be more consistent week-to-week than offense.The Jets scored 48 points week 1 ,then only 12 week 2.I think Sam Darnold will suffer the inconsistency all rookies go through.I see the Browns winning but the Over/ Under is tougher.I'll take the under.The Browns have a tough defense and inept ofense.Jets D is OK.

YTD. 0-4, (0-2 Win,0-2 O/U)

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 09-20-2018 at 04:16 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 04:45 PM   #49
tophatmert

I think Darnold will go through some growing pains also but he certainly has some skills. While neither one of these teams has a good offense wouldn't surprise me if bad offense led to a defensive TD or two. The Jets are letting Darnold throw it around and that can lead to some bad things short term.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 09:06 PM   #50
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

So far, one of the worst games I've tried to watch in a long time.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2018, 11:48 PM   #51
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Thursday Night Football is upon us again for the last game of summer. (Autumn begins on Saturday).Tonight the New York Jets travel to Cleveland to play the the Browns.The numbers as I write this is Cleveland by 3 with an O/U of 41.
The mantra on the Browns is that they've got a lot of good young talent and they'll improve and compete better.Well, maybe that will finally happen this year.Their defense gave 2 high powered offenses,the Steelers and Saints all they could handle.One thing about the NFL is that defenses tend to be more consistent week-to-week than offense.The Jets scored 48 points week 1 ,then only 12 week 2.I think Sam Darnold will suffer the inconsistency all rookies go through.I see the Browns winning but the Over/ Under is tougher.I'll take the under.The Browns have a tough defense and inept ofense.Jets D is OK.

YTD. 0-4, (0-2 Win,0-2 O/U)
Did Cleveland have their Drew Bledsoe/Tom Brady moment with Tyrod Taylor going down with an injury and Baker Mayfield rallying the troops to victory?Although from a physical/passing ability standpoint,I questioned Mayfield being taken #1 overall, he does have the intangibles and leadership that the Browns desperately need.Now if they can only get rid of Hue Jackson...

Got both the win and O/U tonight.

YTD. 2-4. (1-2 Win, 1-2 O/U)

Old 09-21-2018, 12:34 AM   #52
thaskalos

Only a lousy kicker has kept Cleveland from being undefeated this year.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #53
CheckMark

Blew my 2-0 record for Thursday night games right out the window last night
Old 09-21-2018, 08:39 AM   #54
woodtoo

After 635 days and 19 games CLEVELAND ROCKS!!!!!

A super WIN over NY Jets.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #55
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

635 days without a win!
At what point do the "fans" realize the Browns are NOT worthy of any support?

Cleveland - the mistake on the lake, home of the mistake on the field.

Last night, they got a flag on their entrance - team personal foul.

They punted late in the game rather than try a 53 yard field goal. They had no idea how far the end zone was - they had never been in field goal territory before. Those big poles at the back of the end zone scared them - they though they were high power lines.

Hey, i could put together a team from a bar at last call and do JUST AS GOOD as the Browns!

Buffalo vs Cleveland - the game of the century!
Old 09-21-2018, 11:02 AM   #56
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
635 days without a win!
At what point do the "fans" realize the Browns are NOT worthy of any support?

Cleveland - the mistake on the lake, home of the mistake on the field.

Last night, they got a flag on their entrance - team personal foul.

They punted late in the game rather than try a 53 yard field goal. They had no idea how far the end zone was - they had never been in field goal territory before. Those big poles at the back of the end zone scared them - they though they were high power lines.

Hey, i could put together a team from a bar at last call and do JUST AS GOOD as the Browns!

Buffalo vs Cleveland - the game of the century!
Tom will be here all week ,folks.Try the veal.

Old 09-21-2018, 12:45 PM   #57
Marshall Bennett

9/23/18 (week 3)

Saints +3
Giants +6.5
Redskins +3
Seahawks -1
Tampa Bay +1.5

Year : 5-2
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2018, 12:06 AM   #58
barahona44

Three casual picks for Sunday

Patriots -7 over Lions.When Bill Bellichik gets bitch slapped, there are immediate consequences.Especially for the following week's opponent.

Cardinals +6 over the Bears.Bears are better than last year but they also played 2 gruelling games in a row.They should win but Arizona could get some garbage time points at the end to cover.

Vikings-Bills .Minnesota is a 16 1/2 point favorite with a 40 O/U,which means the Bills can't score more than 11 points for the under number to happen.The Bills aren't THAT bad.Take the over.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:06 PM   #59
barahona44

Quote:

Vikings-Bills .Minnesota is a 16 1/2 point favorite with a 40 O/U,which means the Bills can't score more than 11 points for the under number to happen.The Bills aren't THAT bad.Take the over.
I should add for the Vikings to cover and the under to happen ,Buffalo can only score 11 points or less.

Old 09-23-2018, 11:43 PM   #60
barahona44

Quote:

Patriots -7 over Lions.When Bill Bellichik gets bitch slapped, there are immediate consequences.Especially for the following week's opponent.

Cardinals +6 over the Bears.Bears are better than last year but they also played 2 gruelling games in a row.They should win but Arizona could get some garbage time points at the end to cover.

Every once in a while the Patriots get dominated.But after tonight's manhandling by the Lions,of all teams, and the fact that's it's happened in back to back games-definitely a first in the Brady-Bellichik era- begs the question:is this the end of the Patriot era?Their only victory was a rather listless win over a mediocre Texans team, and tonight they couldn't move the ball whereas Detroit, a notoriously bad running team, was picking up 6,7 and 8 yard runs by the bushel.Next week's game against Miami at home will be a big one,since the Dolphins are 3-0 and a Patriot loss would put them 3 games behind.

Buffalo going on the road and crushing the Vikings is so far the upset of the year.Didn't see that coming and didn't get the over.And Arizona lost but at least they covered.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: