Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-09-2018, 12:48 PM   #16
Marshall Bennett

Chiefs +3.5

Panthers -3
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #17
Boris

Nobody but me willing to lay the 10 with New Orleans? I'm surprised. Tampa is worse than last year. First two draft picks are inactive, and the QB is taking the first 3 games off. The secondary is bad and the best player back there is out hurt. I just don't see how they can stay close to NO on the road. NO is my top play today.
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #18
burnsy
self medicated

Never count Fitzpatrick out probably better than the bonehead they start...…..very under rated. Wish the Bills still had him.

Speaking of the Bills, my favorite team. I took a lot of heat since March from Bills fans near me because I knew we would suck. Traded our QB, traded the new QB that was the only one with experience. Went with Peterman. Plus, our line sucks. They got the worst coach and GM in this league (decisions). We will probably be one of the worst teams this year.....after finally getting in the playoffs. Long season for Bills....embarrassing today.

Last edited by burnsy; 09-09-2018 at 04:16 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #19
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Never count Fitzpatrick out probably better than the bonehead they start...…..very under rated. Wish the Bills still had him.

Speaking of the Bills, my favorite team. I took a lot of heat since March from Bills fans near me because I knew we would suck. Traded our QB, traded the new QB that was the only one with experience. Went with Peterman. Plus, our line sucks. They got the worst coach and GM in this league (decisions). We will probably be one of the worst teams this year.....after finally getting in the playoffs. Long season for Bills....embarrassing today.
Fitzpatrick's got a history of being good for a half season, maybe more, then his shortcomings come through.Without even knowing who they play next week, I'd bet against TB next week, they're not a good team overall and this was an aberration.(just looked it up, the Bucs play the Eagles coming off a nice long rest.But I don't trust Nick Foles)

As for the Bills, they were very lucky last year but didn't expect a blowout. Can't see them being better than 5-11.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #20
Secondbest

With all the hype the giants still can't score 20 pts. Just like last year.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #21
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
2 casual picks

Vikings. -6 1/2 over the 49ers.San Francisco won their last 5 games in 2017, so a lot of people have them pinned as this year's Rams. Not so fast.

Baltimore-Buffalo. O/U of 40 1/2 , take the under.Most years, there'a a surprise team that gets to the Super Bowl or the conference championship.I think the Ravens could be that team.John Harbaugh's on the hot seat and Joe Flacco, has some competition for his job.Buffalo lucked out and backed into the playoffs last year.Bills are having Josh Allen sit for now at QB.When the Bills announced that Nathan Peterman, who tied an NFL record when he threw 5 interceptions in one half in his only start last year, was starting, the line jumped from 3 to 7 for Baltimore almost immediately.
Vikings cover but I thought it would be more a 16-17 point margin.49ers are being oversold.

Baltimore smashed Buffalo, I was expecting more of a 28-10 score, so I recommended the under.But I am convinced the Ravens are going to make noise in the AFC this year, the Patriots looked sluggish today despite the win.DeShaun Watson didn't look that great today either.Of course every time the Pats look like they're flailing, they come back to life.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #22
Secondbest

Quote:
Vikings cover but I thought it would be more a 16-17 point margin.49ers are being oversold.

Baltimore smashed Buffalo, I was expecting more of a 28-10 score, so I recommended the under.But I am convinced the Ravens are going to make noise in the AFC this year, the Patriots looked sluggish today despite the win.DeShaun Watson didn't look that great today either.Of course every time the Pats look like they're flailing, they come back to life.
Pat's always start slow . Belichek treats the first 4 games as an extension of the pre season. Start slow finish fast.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2018, 06:22 PM   #23
proximity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
With all the hype the giants still can't score 20 pts. Just like last year.
jacksonville's defense is like an all-star team though.

the colts lost but did better than i thought. the new coach is a definite improvement!
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #24
barahona44

After watching Aaron Rodgers bring his team back from a 20-0 deficit in the second half while playing on one leg, I've come to the conclusion even at 33 million per year, he's the biggest bargain in football.

Old 09-10-2018, 08:55 AM   #25
Inner Dirt

Quote:
After watching Aaron Rodgers bring his team back from a 20-0 deficit in the second half while playing on one leg, I've come to the conclusion even at 33 million per year, he's the biggest bargain in football.

No argument here. When healthy I can't think of anyone better than him at scrambling around to buy extra time. I think you probably have to go back to Fran Tarkenton to match his scrambling abilities.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

From now on, every halftime, they are going to attack Rodger's knee with a 2x4.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #27
barahona44

The official Thursday Night Football season starts tonight with the Baltimore Ravens (my choice to be the surprise team of the NFL this year) playing the Cincinnati Bengals in the Queen City (that would be Cincy for those not up on their city nicknames).As I write thus, the consensus of 6 Las Vegas sports books on Vegasinsider.Com is a pick 'em and an over-under of 45.This is difficult to decide as I think Cincinnati is also a team on the possible rebound and they've played the Ravens tough the past 3 or 4 years.I will go with the under as both teams play defense well.Baltimore got a ton of turnovers and short fields from the ineptitude of Buffalo last Sunday.Andy Dalton isn't a great QB but he isn't Nathan Peterman either. In what should be a close game, I will choose the Ravens to be victorious.

YTD. 0-2 (0-1 win, 0-1 O/U)

Old 09-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #28
Robert Fischer
clean money

i'll take Cinci + 1

YTD 2-3
Old 09-14-2018, 12:55 AM   #29
barahona44

Quote:
The official Thursday Night Football season starts tonight with the Baltimore Ravens (my choice to be the surprise team of the NFL this year) playing the Cincinnati Bengals in the Queen City (that would be Cincy for those not up on their city nicknames).As I write thus, the consensus of 6 Las Vegas sports books on Vegasinsider.Com is a pick 'em and an over-under of 45.This is difficult to decide as I think Cincinnati is also a team on the possible rebound and they've played the Ravens tough the past 3 or 4 years.I will go with the under as both teams play defense well.Baltimore got a ton of turnovers and short fields from the ineptitude of Buffalo last Sunday.Andy Dalton isn't a great QB but he isn't Nathan Peterman either. In what should be a close game, I will choose the Ravens to be victorious.

YTD. 0-2 (0-1 win, 0-1 O/U)
Didn't see the game as Comcast dropped NFL Network from the cable package I have.Just as well as the NFL is starting to get unpredictable.That makes for great viewing but lousy betting. Last year I only whiffed three times on both the win and O/U for the same game;(15 games);this year I've already done that twice in the first two weeks. It's tough to look for trends until a few weeks into the season.

YTD 0-4 (Win 0-2 , O/U 0-2)

Last edited by barahona44; 09-14-2018 at 01:08 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:09 AM   #30
Robert Fischer
clean money

It'll even out Barahona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
i'll take Cinci + 1

YTD 2-3
3-3 YTD

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: