Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
Grits

Justify worked this morning

Watched his work on Twin Spires just now. He went 4f in 46&change. Did it with such ease. Gallop out was great, ears flicking to his jock. Then, straight up, wanting to do more.

The video should be available a bit later.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
lamboguy

that's a very fast work for a horse that is going a mile and a half next week.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
that's a very fast work for a horse that is going a mile and a half next week.
Baffert works his horses like that and has had pretty good success. And, this horse is undefeated and just won three straight GR1 races. Do you really expect him to work slow?
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #4
Grits

Lambo, I thought so, too. It's why I noted the final time. He moves effortlessly and there was no clue he'd traveled so quickly. He really listens to whoever is on his back. Baffert flew Martin Garcia in to ride for the work. He was a handful galloping yesterday morning. .... Baffert will discuss later, no doubt.

Pandy, really, we all know how Bob works his horses but this was, indeed, fast!
Old 05-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #5
davew

that tightener in the last race has got him ready for Saturday
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #6
Grits

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...18_workout_123

Video of work included.

Quote:
Splits for the work were 12 seconds, 23.60 and 35.20 — mind you, for what Baffert termed a “little breeze” coming into it.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:45 AM   #7
Vinnie

Watch that workout from today (05-29) which is very reminiscent of the way AP moved in his works, and tell me that isn't the dream way that a horse was indeed intended to travel or move. Flawless and effortless stride and he simply is "flying along" when going about his business. What an incredible way of going and someone like (LoneF) can honestly say that Justify is "Just a Fraud". One has to have never seen a Top Notch Thoroughbred ever run in their entire life to utter such an absurdity... WOW!! What an unbelievable horse!!

Vinnie

"All Human error is impatience; a premature renunciation of method"- F. Kafka
Vinnie is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
GMB@BP

He is a nice horse, getting or not getting 12F is not going to change my opinion. This slow crap has been beat to death.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 11:53 AM   #9
Blenheim
Race Player

Nice work.

When I saw his picture at the link it reminded me of Secretariat. The work maybe not as fast as one might think as "the trackman did an outstanding job having it ready for us. It had some bounce to it", Baffert said. Maybe add a length or two to the time making it Justifiably perfect. W/that work Baffert is leaving nothing to chance, there will be no excuses - the horse is ready.

Pletcher and Repole fired the first shot across the bow w/that 47 flat half w/Vino Rosso and Noble Indy. Baffert and the China Horse Club fired one right back w/a 46.80! WOW. Baffert ain't backin' out of it, not one bit. It'll be interesting to see how Pletcher and Repole respond. They have to go 6 in 1:13, fire one right back.

Things are heatin' up and the drama thickens . . . NY, NY.

Nothin' like the Belmont Stakes.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
GMB@BP

If this horse had worked in 48 I would probably have tossed him...Baffert trains his horses fast to run fast, a slow work is an auto toss for him.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 12:26 PM   #11
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
Baffert works his horses like that and has had pretty good success. And, this horse is undefeated and just won three straight GR1 races. Do you really expect him to work slow?
do i expect a slow work, YES. but who am i to question what Baffert does? AMERICAN PHAROAH had a nice slow easy work going into the Belmont. maybe this is horse that needs to work fast. also when PHAROAH ran he was traveling back and forth from the west coast, this guy is staying in the eastern half of the country. he is certainly a different type of horse.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 12:34 PM   #12
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
dalso when PHAROAH ran he was traveling back and forth from the west coast, this guy is staying in the eastern half of the country. he is certainly a different type of horse.
American Pharoah prepped for the Belmont Stakes at Churchill Downs just like Justify.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 01:05 PM   #13
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Lambo, I thought so, too. It's why I noted the final time. He moves effortlessly and there was no clue he'd traveled so quickly. He really listens to whoever is on his back. Baffert flew Martin Garcia in to ride for the work. He was a handful galloping yesterday morning. .... Baffert will discuss later, no doubt.

Pandy, really, we all know how Bob works his horses but this was, indeed, fast!
That's not really that fast for a horse of that caliber in So. California trained by Baffert. I'm not being facetious. It's So. Cal, a lot of horses train fast on that circuit and Baffert has had plenty of maidens train that fast. It was :46.4, pretty much what you'd expect from a horse like this.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-29-2018, 01:12 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

Pharoah worked the Monday before the race (would be June 4th on this year's calendar). I was telling you guys to look out for a work going 4F between Friday 6/1 and Monday 6/4. - So Justify is doing well enough that he's 3 days ahead of that projection.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:43 PM   #15
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Pharoah worked the Monday before the race (would be June 4th on this year's calendar). I was telling you guys to look out for a work going 4F between Friday 6/1 and Monday 6/4. - So Justify is doing well enough that he's 3 days ahead of that projection.
American Pharoah worked twice for the Belmont.

Once on May 26, 10 days after the Preakness and once on June 1st, 5 days before the Belmont.

Justify also had his first work for the Belmont 10 days after the Preakness. He is also expected to breeze again before the Belmont.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: