Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-06-2018, 11:57 AM   #1
Grits

Some are questioning....

Video of Justify this a.m. He seems off in his left back hind. Though nothing is mentioned in the video.

Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:03 PM   #2
SecretAgentMan

What are they seeing?
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:04 PM   #3
Grits

Favoring his left rear hoof; not putting equal weight on it.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:05 PM   #4
CincyHorseplayer

You're right Grits. He's staggering a little. But that could be from just sleeping funny. I do it plenty and it's not from being loaded in the summer months!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Grits

Maybe he'd been lying down before they had to bring him out. One thing's for sure though. He ain't warm and fuzzy like Pharaoh.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits View Post
Maybe he'd been lying down before they had to bring him out. One thing's for sure though. He ain't warm and fuzzy like Pharaoh.
You are the queen of this game girl!
Old 05-06-2018, 12:16 PM   #7
Ruffian1

No doubt about it Grits. Wants to be on his toe and weight off of it every chance he got.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #8
PointGiven

Maybe being optimistic, but he seems to straighten back out walking back into the barn, equal weight, hoof flat.
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:28 PM   #9
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointGiven View Post
Maybe being optimistic, but he seems to straighten back out walking back into the barn, equal weight, hoof flat.
I almost mentioned that. Seemed he had a tough time with tight turns on the stone dust. Would have loved to see him in the shed going around the corner.
Lets hope he's alright.
Ruffian1 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:37 PM   #10
Grits

Ruffian, I'm glad you looked at this. I was hoping you would. My only thought was running in only his fourth race in this field and the horrible conditions...I wouldn't be surprised if something is amiss. This and he was in front of journalists for just a minute. I hope he's ok.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #11
098poi

I don't know about horses natural stance but watch his rear left from:39 on and twice he is on his toe. Hopefully just from tight turn.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #12
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
You are the queen of this game girl!
No, I applied at NBC, bud. They chose Johnny Weir over me!!
Old 05-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #13
PointGiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
I almost mentioned that. Seemed he had a tough time with tight turns on the stone dust. Would have loved to see him in the shed going around the corner.
Lets hope he's alright.
Plus Bob said he came out of it well. While I get that's what he is going to say. Coach speak, they all were training well coming in, etc. Thinking he would not have paraded him around if something was really wrong. Would have been a stall shot him feedin him carrots or the like.
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:58 PM   #14
Robert Fischer
clean money

Question

Quote:
Video of Justify this a.m. He seems off in his left back hind. Though nothing is mentioned in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYybJiudbEc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffian1 View Post
No doubt about it Grits. Wants to be on his toe and weight off of it every chance he got.

Certainly enough to question, but not enough there for me to have any opinion.

For all I know, this is twice as nice as he looked the morning after the Santa Anita Derby.

The 'youtube vets' already have him diagnosed as 'lame'. May be the normal process he deals with. Hopefully does not affect him in the Preakness. Would like to see a gallop between races, and check him out paddock/parade.

Unbeknownst to us, these guys deal with issues.
Magnum Moon was one I worried about. Here was a horse who was supposed to start as a 2yo at Saratoga, but missed 5 months training because of an ankle injury. A January 13th debut. Since the point-system change, only PATCH got a later start of all TAPs Derby Entrants. He won the Rebel Stakes and drifted out in the stretch. Then he won the Arkansas Derby and lugged out to the grandstand. Now what are you supposed to do?? Shut the horse down?? He just won a ticket to the Derby. Some 'experts' are actually picking him to win... You just heard Vic tell us that he was a "Bad Moon On The RISEEE!!!"... You can't shut him down now for something that only surfaces under stress.
That's a horse I tossed, and I pointed it out in the little video I did, but the main thing is you never want to see a horse get hurt. Finished only ahead of the eased/walked-off Mendelssohn, but apparently without major incident.

It's the reality of the game. We deal with probabilities as a gambler, and the connections deal with probabilities as well.

Hopefully that isn't the same kind of gamble that Justify will be placed in. All the recovery/rest in the world, even if he is 1000% for the Breeders Cup Classic, he'll never get another shot at the 'Triple Crown'... The time is now, baby boy. Hopefully this is 'merely' a minor chronic issue, and he runs as huge in the Preakness as he did in the Derby. (103B/127TFUS are both 'low' and Good Magic actually ran surprisingly huge as well, to contend, but that's discussion for another thread).

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 05-06-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #15
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
No, I applied at NBC, bud. They chose Johnny Weir over me!!
Yeah! LOL! Doesn't change the fact I am a legend in my own mind and you are the queen of my game! Not anyone else's game=my game!