Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-05-2018, 03:13 AM   #31
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Kanye said slavery was a choice. Don't think that does much for him

"Kanye West just said 400 years of slavery was a choice"
Pretty sure he was making a much broader point that was ignored/missed by many.

Obviously, anybody forced into slavery isn't there by choice. You need to open your mind when you listen to Kanye...lol

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-05-2018 at 03:15 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 07:39 AM   #32
tucker6

This is the Democratic party in a nutshell...

tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 08:30 AM   #33
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

Obviously, anybody forced into slavery isn't there by choice. You need to open your mind when you listen to Kanye...lol
the 'victim' mentality pushed by dims, is only because they are victims of dim propaganda
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 08:41 AM   #34
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
the 'victim' mentality pushed by dims, is only because they are victims of dim propaganda

mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 10:38 AM   #35
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

However the statement that Trump's approval has increased among blacks and Kanye had a major impact on doing this, is nonsense.

Many blacks did not like this slavery crack. Yes we can interpret this as the conservative meme "taking responsibility for one's own situation", but so what? "Internal" slavery and wrong choices can be due to anything. Personal laziness is the right's answer. But poverty and a 200 year old built in structural prejudice of American society , is also in play.

Actual slavery experienced by Africans and others was never a choice. West was not doing anyone any favors saying this

Was the Holocaust a choice for Jews?

What exactly should blacks and Jews accept as their responsibility in those historical real life atrocities?
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 10:41 AM   #36
chadk66

there are numerous black leaders touting Trump. He will gain a significantly more number of black votes should he seek re-election
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 05:14 PM   #37
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I was actually doing some reading on slavery this week. I was not aware that “African Kings” were the biggest slave traders for over 200 years. They even sold rights to certain portions of “their kingdom” for hunting of slaves when they themselves stopped hunting their own people.

Take that in the context that Kanye made his comments, maybe he’s not so crazy?..........?
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 05:55 PM   #38
chrisl

Quote:
However the statement that Trump's approval has increased among blacks and Kanye had a major impact on doing this, is nonsense.

Many blacks did not like this slavery crack. Yes we can interpret this as the conservative meme "taking responsibility for one's own situation", but so what? "Internal" slavery and wrong choices can be due to anything. Personal laziness is the right's answer. But poverty and a 200 year old built in structural prejudice of American society , is also in play.

Actual slavery experienced by Africans and others was never a choice. West was not doing anyone any favors saying this

Was the Holocaust a choice for Jews?

What exactly should blacks and Jews accept as their responsibility in those historical real life atrocities?
My hat is off to you Hcap. It is so admirable for you to be so "in tune" with the black community. You know, how they all feel and think. Man of the people.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 06:07 PM   #39
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I was actually doing some reading on slavery this week. I was not aware that “African Kings” were the biggest slave traders for over 200 years. They even sold rights to certain portions of “their kingdom” for hunting of slaves when they themselves stopped hunting their own people.

Take that in the context that Kanye made his comments, maybe he’s not so crazy?..........?
What I have read about black slave traders is that African tribes would often go to war against each other. Of course, to the victors went the spoils, which included men, women and children that tribal chiefs weren't too keen on supporting and having their captors live in their midst with the potential of them rising up in revolt. So, they came up with a common sense solution: Sell their black captives to white buyers. It was a huge win-win all around for both parties to the slave trade. The tribal chiefs got rid of potential enemy threats and traded them up for more useful and practical items. And the demand for slaves in Europe and America was big, so there was plenty of profit to be had for the white traders.

This is the dirty little secret that liberals don't want us to know.
Old 05-05-2018, 06:44 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

Sound just like democrat - making poor choices....for OTHER people and exempting themselves.
Old 05-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #41
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Your a joke, we have so much we could export. The problem that you have is current policy is crushing to the liberal agenda, God bless America. The problem the liberal Europeans have is our policy is having a crushing effect on them too. Our poor poor neighbors in Canada are facing illegal immigrants flooding Canada and the drain on them has begun as well. Watch our energy supply's soar as we drill about the United States because we now have profit price points posting into the black(over $40 a barrel). The middle east will gladly slice each others throats to lower the price enabling market share for their sandboxes (price point out of the ground $6 or $7 a barrel).
Trump may not have the wall along the Mexican border built, but he's certainly induced a lot of brain blockage in most of the people here.

You don't even have a clue what I did in my professional life with regard to energy. Like your hero Trump (the guy who has been called an idiot by a number of his own staff), the standard reaction by the Right to other's accomplishments is resentment.

We'll see who the joke is on in November.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-05-2018, 11:26 PM   #42
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Trump may not have the wall along the Mexican border built, but he's certainly induced a lot of brain blockage in most of the people here.

You don't even have a clue what I did in my professional life with regard to energy. Like your hero Trump (the guy who has been called an idiot by a number of his own staff), the standard reaction by the Right to other's accomplishments is resentment.

Your reference to brain blockage of people here has nothing to do with what you did or do for a living, to that I would tell you that I believe in the American worker. The real facts of our energy reserves and potential of new finds inside these United States many of this BBS community are well aware of and not likely to jump through hoops for a partisan of the other side like yourself. Your assertion to professional life qualifying you as a expert in bullshit at the minimum, I will tell you many are so qualified in that arena. November is a beautiful month and no matter what you hear on the television or at the Little Brown House Dispensary will not change the fact that years of policy and court nominations will continue despite November by Donald J Trump..

Last edited by fast4522; 05-05-2018 at 11:28 PM.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #43
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
My hat is off to you Hcap. It is so admirable for you to be so "in tune" with the black community. You know, how they all feel and think. Man of the people.
Just don't like the bullshit here.
And Btw,I hate rap.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2018, 07:11 AM   #44
tucker6

Quote:
And Btw,I hate rap.
You're a racist
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-09-2018, 12:10 AM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post

It's gotta kill you that you're even in the position to type this to begin with...it was supposed to be Hillary!

Everything you write could be true...but it's still all gravy to "us."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: