Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-19-2017, 10:26 AM   #16
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
You want fake science?

Here's a quote on the polarbearsinternational.org site:

Without action on climate change, scientists predict we could lose wild polar bears by 2100.
Two-thirds could be gone by 2050.

And sea ice loss from human activity is the cause.

Meanwhile in realityville, we have the following:

This means the adjusted 2015 global estimate for polar bears should be about 28,500 (average), a marked increase over the official estimate of 26,500 (average) for 2015 — and an even larger increase over the 2005 estimate of about 22,500 (average)2, despite the dramatic loss of summer sea ice since 2007 that we hear about endlessly.

https://polarbearscience.com/2017/02...-almost-30000/

So on the one hand, an Alarmist group says polar bears are all gonna die this century, and on the other hand, the people actually counting the polar bears say they are healthier than ever and growing in population.

I'm sure you thought you "got me" but you didn't. Your "realityville" is a blog written by someone who was on the payroll of the Heartland Institute.

The Heartland Institute denies global warming, among other things. In the 1990's they worked with tobacco giant Phillip Morris. They actually question the link between smoking, second hand smoke and cancer. That's not a joke, they actually believe that.

So even if you want to be dumb and deny the science behind climate change and global warming....I'd think no one at this point can deny the link between smoking and cancer.

So while the blog author might be an expert of sorts, she's essentially paid to deny climate change. Conflict of interest much?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #17
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I'm sure you thought you "got me" but you didn't. Your "realityville" is a blog written by someone who was on the payroll of the Heartland Institute.

The Heartland Institute denies global warming, among other things. In the 1990's they worked with tobacco giant Phillip Morris. They actually question the link between smoking, second hand smoke and cancer. That's not a joke, they actually believe that.

So even if you want to be dumb and deny the science behind climate change and global warming....I'd think no one at this point can deny the link between smoking and cancer.

So while the blog author might be an expert of sorts, she's essentially paid to deny climate change. Conflict of interest much?
Ah, the old, "if I can't find fault in the science, defame the author by any means necessary." All you do is ape the party line. No one buys that shtick any longer. Have any new tricks in your bag to further your religion?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #18
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:

As opposed to the scientists who derive their income from the government who are paid to promote man-made climate change.

Here is something easy enough to verify. Do you know when the climate change scare started and that we would be seeing the terrifying results within 15 years?

How about 1985 -- only 10 years after scientists predicted the coming ice age. You'll have to help this science denier with the math since science ignorance equals math ignorance. Now what time in the FUTURE will we be flooded out by global warming? So that's 1985 plus 15 years. That comes out to...?
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 11:48 AM   #19
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
As opposed to the scientists who derive their income from the government who are paid to promote man-made climate change.

Here is something easy enough to verify. Do you know when the climate change scare started and that we would be seeing the terrifying results within 15 years?

How about 1985 -- only 10 years after scientists predicted the coming ice age. You'll have to help this science denier with the math since science ignorance equals math ignorance. Now what time in the FUTURE will we be flooded out by global warming? So that's 1985 plus 15 years. That comes out to...?
Wasn't the whole state of Florida supposed to be under water by now?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 11:51 AM   #20
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Ah, the old, "if I can't find fault in the science, defame the author by any means necessary." All you do is ape the party line. No one buys that shtick any longer. Have any new tricks in your bag to further your religion?
I never heard that saying, I always used parrot,...........Is that considered more PC as an ape is considered one of the more intelligent animals?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 12:59 PM   #21
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I never heard that saying, I always used parrot,...........Is that considered more PC as an ape is considered one of the more intelligent animals?
You are correct. I used the wrong word given my context.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 01:14 PM   #22
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:

So on the one hand, an Alarmist group says polar bears are all gonna die this century, and on the other hand, the people actually counting the polar bears say they are healthier than ever and growing in population.
And you guys are saying Obamacare is a disaster.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 01:19 PM   #23
ldiatone

more on climate

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 02:01 PM   #24
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't defame the author. I provided facts about her and who pays her.

Sorry you don't like facts and your gotcha attempt was rebuffed (easily).

Try harder.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:05 PM   #25
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post

We've had TWO once every 500 years hurricanes hit our country in a span of two weeks. If that's not enough to convince people of climate change, nothing will.
Old 09-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #26
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
You are correct. I used the wrong word given my context.
Interesting word choice.
Old 09-19-2017, 04:22 PM   #27
chadk66

man made global warming is the biggest fraud ever pulled over on many in this country. Thankfully the majority realize it's a scam and see it for what it is. And those same people elected a new president to help put an end to the dog and pony show. In 30-50 years we will all look back at this an laugh our asses off. Even the current deniers. It amazing how money can cause so many to loose their minds.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 04:34 PM   #28
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
man made global warming is the biggest fraud ever pulled over on many in this country. Thankfully the majority realize it's a scam and see it for what it is. And those same people elected a new president to help put an end to the dog and pony show. In 30-50 years we will all look back at this an laugh our asses off. Even the current deniers. It amazing how money can cause so many to loose their minds.
The majority think global warming is a scam and those people elected Trump, but Trump lost the popular vote by 3,000,000 plus.

Keep 'me coming, please.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:01 PM   #29
chadk66

Quote:
The majority think global warming is a scam and those people elected Trump, but Trump lost the popular vote by 3,000,000 plus.

Keep 'me coming, please.
but there were over 3 million fraudulant votes cast for billary
but by all means get your checkbook out and help solve global warming. just keep me out of it
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #30
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
but there were over 3 million fraudulant votes cast for billary
but by all means get your checkbook out and help solve global warming. just keep me out of it
Scary thing is you believe that. I used to think your posts in the racing section were stupid. Congrats on stepping up your game!

It's 2017. No one writes checks anymore dummy

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: