Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #1
ldiatone

Climate Change

6 min vid on warming

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 03:50 PM   #2
chadk66

I couldn't get enough volume out of it to hear it. can you summarize it?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
Jess Hawsen Arown

I'm a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson for bringing science to the consciousness of the nation. However, on this issue I remain skeptical. His assertion that so few scientists disagree that man is the cause of an increase in global warming just does not ring true.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #4
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone View Post
6 min vid on warming
https://youtu.be/CCw5l-91RQ0
try going to you tube and viewing it

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #5
chadk66

I spend little to no time on the fake science of global warming. Hell I'm still waiting for the 70's ice age they promised was coming.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 07:50 PM   #6
fast4522

Climate Change is real, the problem is the focus is not. It has always changed, floods & drought have been part of the earths constant change. There is always something designed to be left out to fool people like the amount of plain old farting by agricultural animals have more negative emissions than industry or automobiles. Who here is ready to give up their steak dinners or discretionary cash? The earth goes on its merry way doing things it has done for millions of years, on or about every 2000 years a rock too big hits the earth killing high percentages of life and millions of species become extinct. Then a genesis of new life happens, NO ONE and no amount of wealth redistribution can change this. From the very beginning of man's dominance on earth the trend has always been to exact labor from the masses so the few don't have to do anything but collect from the stupid.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #7
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

I agree with this guy....

Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 08:33 PM   #8
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
I spend little to no time on the fake science of global warming. Hell I'm still waiting for the 70's ice age they promised was coming.
Fake science

I feel like when someone reads threads in off topic their IQ automatically lowers 15 points. Well done!
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #9
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
I'm a big fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson
IMO, a shill for NASA. Brings everything down to a childish level.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 08:38 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Fake science

I feel like when someone reads threads in off topic their IQ automatically lowers 15 points. Well done!

Sorry for your loss.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:15 PM   #11
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Sorry for your loss.
Sometimes you make a funny crack. This wasn't one of those times.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2017, 11:37 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Climate Change is real, the problem is the focus is not. It has always changed, floods & drought have been part of the earths constant change. There is always something designed to be left out to fool people like the amount of plain old farting by agricultural animals have more negative emissions than industry or automobiles. Who here is ready to give up their steak dinners or discretionary cash? The earth goes on its merry way doing things it has done for millions of years, on or about every 2000 years a rock too big hits the earth killing high percentages of life and millions of species become extinct. Then a genesis of new life happens, NO ONE and no amount of wealth redistribution can change this. From the very beginning of man's dominance on earth the trend has always been to exact labor from the masses so the few don't have to do anything but collect from the stupid.
What is comical is how they make a big deal out of beef cattle and dairy cow farts, yet they fail to mention there were more buffalo in North America back before they were slaughtered than there are cattle in the whole world now. Another comedy is how all the so-called climate change experts cannot even come close to agreeing on anything. The range of projected sea rise by 2100 varies from 5 inches to 15 feet. Reading their projections are full of words like maybe, probably, could. None of them make a solid commitment to anything. Also by the predictions in the 70's weren't we supposed to be in an ice age by now? It went from ice age, to global warming, to climate change. More comedy, they can't accurately predict weather two days out yet they claim they can predict it 75 years ahead? That is like saying a person can't do 5th grade level math yet they can do advanced calculus. I don't want to hear about advances in since is why their predictions are accurate now and weren't 30-40 years ago. We put a man on the moon before the calculator was invented. They can make the same mathematical calculations and analyze data now as they did then. It just took more man hours and a lot of sharp pencils.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 01:05 AM   #13
davew

Al Gore fixed it, we are safe now - even the polar bears

https://www.yahoo.com/news/immediacy...175817468.html
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 09:02 AM   #14
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
Love it. I particularly loved his theory about why the Earth wanted us to create plastic for it.

I wasn't with George on everything he did, but George was one of my all time faves.

Here is one of my favorite Carlin jokes. THE GOOD SPORT was on one of his early tapes. Understand it was circa 1970 to understand how outlandishly funny it was.

John receives a phone call. "Hello," he answers. The voice on the other end says, "This is Susan. We met at a party about 3 months ago."

John: "Hmm... Susan? About 3 months ago? Sorry, I don't remember you."

Susan: "Yes, it was at Bill's house. After the party you took me home. On the way we parked and got into the back seat.

John: "Bill's party? Back seat? Took you home? Sorry, Susan I just don't remember you."

Susan: "You told me I was a good sport."

John: "Good sport? No. Sorry, Susan, I just don't remember you."

Susan: "Well, I'm pregnant and I'm going to kill myself."

John: "I was right Susan. You ARE a good sport."
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2017, 09:16 AM   #15
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Fake science

You want fake science?

Here's a quote on the polarbearsinternational.org site:

Without action on climate change, scientists predict we could lose wild polar bears by 2100.
Two-thirds could be gone by 2050.

And sea ice loss from human activity is the cause.

Meanwhile in realityville, we have the following:

This means the adjusted 2015 global estimate for polar bears should be about 28,500 (average), a marked increase over the official estimate of 26,500 (average) for 2015 — and an even larger increase over the 2005 estimate of about 22,500 (average)2, despite the dramatic loss of summer sea ice since 2007 that we hear about endlessly.

https://polarbearscience.com/2017/02...-almost-30000/

So on the one hand, an Alarmist group says polar bears are all gonna die this century, and on the other hand, the people actually counting the polar bears say they are healthier than ever and growing in population.

Last edited by tucker6; 09-19-2017 at 09:18 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: