Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #226
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
UNBELIEVABLE!!

UNSTOPPABLE!!

I did it again. Delta Downs Pick 4 $48.00 ticket hits and pays.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................$36.00

Hey deficient spending. It works for our government.

Straight AND strong!

Sometimes it happens. At least you got SOMETHING back. But allow me to ask you to ponder this: is it a leak to include all four morning line favorites in each leg of your P4? (I am not saying you DID this on this ticket (but it looks as though you might have) but instead, I am just throwing out food for thought on your ticket structure. I try very hard never to include all four ML faves on my tickets...there's little chance that it's profitable IMO.)
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #227
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
UNBELIEVABLE!!

UNSTOPPABLE!!

I did it again. Delta Downs Pick 4 $48.00 ticket hits and pays.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................$36.00

Hey deficient spending. It works for our government.
What would the parlay have paid?

I made a lot of money betting P4's before they started making them 50 cents. I'm not saying it's impossible to make big money with 50 cent P4's, but it seems to occur less often than it used to.

I could discuss P4's ad nauseam but it would make little difference in people's betting habits. There is an art to betting the P4, and not every P4 is worth an investment.

I think I wrote about this in American Turf Monthly 25 years ago. Still working on it.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2018, 03:17 AM   #228
SharpCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
What would the parlay have paid?

I made a lot of money betting P4's before they started making them 50 cents. I'm not saying it's impossible to make big money with 50 cent P4's, but it seems to occur less often than it used to.

I could discuss P4's ad nauseam but it would make little difference in people's betting habits. There is an art to betting the P4, and not every P4 is worth an investment.

I think I wrote about this in American Turf Monthly 25 years ago. Still working on it.
No doubt is hard to make real big money on a 50 cent P4. Once in a great while gems like this happen. I would assume the same player took both the P3 and P4 pools

SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2018, 04:22 PM   #229
v j stauffer

I didn't hijack the thread. I stood up for my friend Matt when TrackingTVG said all those terrible and unfounded things about him in particular and TVG hosts in general.
Old 10-22-2018, 02:32 AM   #230
Clydepuckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthecreek View Post
And she, his wife, supplies a lot of his on air wisdom.....prove me wrong.

And I enjoyed 58 Flat.....
Clydepuckett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2018, 08:41 AM   #231
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

For the record, it wasn't *I* who changed the title of this thread...but I do appreciate the humor!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: