Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:14 AM   #8326
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
they have a place like what he said for the whole congress to go in case of a nuclear war. i don't remember anything else about it except that it was supposedly a secret.. i don't even know when it was built or who appropriated the money for it. i am pretty sure there is something like this in the bottom of the white house as well and other places throughout the country for the military leaders that handle defense.
sorry about your family member

At the time September 11 happened we had I think 12 underground centers in the Virginia area, today over 200 just in the Virginia area.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 01:17 AM   #8327
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Monday, December 21,2020

200,000 cases

1800 deaths
for Tuesday, December 22, 2020

199,000 cases

3400 deaths
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 01:31 AM   #8328
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Interesting, Fast.

Based on the book 'Raven Rock' by Garrett Graff...

"How Cold War plans for nuclear war empowered the president to rip up the Constitution and blow up the world – and there’s nothing we can do to stop it."
https://youtu.be/pXvcqjyRnVs
That is quite the spin on things, The Pentagon was hit on 9/11 and now there is a 5 story Pentagon underground as well.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 04:19 AM   #8329
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
It does reduce deaths from other diseases.

It's estimated that 40% or more of the people that died from Covid so far were in nursing homes, hospice care etc.. and many of the rest were very old and sick living at home. As a group their life expectancy was not very long and in some cases it was quite short.

If they died "from" Covid that means they will not die of something else a few months or a year or two later.

Whatever that "other cause" would have been (flu, pneumonia, kidney failure, heart failure, cancer etc..) gets reduced.

No one wants grandma or grandpa to die prematurely, but when they do die of Covid prematurely it will change the stats for other diseases in the short term.
Bullshit. That is not the discussion. There is no causation indicated in the Scientific American article and graph

Dying form covid before other longer term diseases can kill them does not REDUCE other longer term diseases.

You have been absolutely wrong on ever f**king thing you have posted about covid. You are no better than boxcar, except you use pseudo-scientific jargon to dress up your ignorance and nonsense. Last time we spoke you claimed testing and cases were inaccurate metrics to use. You said hospitalizations were proper. That was when hospitalizations were slightly less than the previous two peaks claiming because of your ridiculous version of her immunity, "see the pandemic is going to subside". Which you have bloviated repeatedly , always wrong.

BTW, testing and daily cases are indeed useful metrics

Last edited by hcap; 12-23-2020 at 04:27 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #8330
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
While the Rest of Us Die, six part series

Check it out on your cable, vice news
Been watching that lately
Old 12-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #8331
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
So did many others. Graham and Little Marco both did and Tweeted pictures. They deny, do Trumps bidding, and then go to the front of the line ahead of the people who needed it most. Despite this, I am happy that they are getting the vac and making a show of it. Perhaps this will help sway people to get it. I am going to assume good intentions for the pols who are doing this. It is your right to be outraged if you want, but at least show the outrage equally among participants for both parties. Don't pick and choose.
I am pretty sure I already called foul o n the entire WH staff getting it the other day.

I hope ALL the pols who cut line get serious reactions and die.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #8332
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I am pretty sure I already called foul o n the entire WH staff getting it the other day.

tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 10:47 AM   #8333
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

I cannot share that hope with you as I do not want anyone to catch it. I just wish that the same level of concern would have been shown throughout the past year. I hope you are feeling better.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:48 AM   #8334
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
While the Rest of Us Die, six part series

Check it out on your cable, vice news
Thanks, I will try to carve out some time to check it out. Ominous title to be sure.
Old 12-23-2020, 11:58 AM   #8335
MargieRose

Merry Christmas, everyone!

from President Trump...

MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-23-2020, 12:21 PM   #8336
MargieRose

Quote:
Interesting, Fast.

Based on the book 'Raven Rock' by Garrett Graff...

"How Cold War plans for nuclear war empowered the president to rip up the Constitution and blow up the world – and there’s nothing we can do to stop it."
https://youtu.be/pXvcqjyRnVs
I'm not thinking that these underground facilities do not exist, but actually, Fast, this video (and probably as the whole series will show) turned out to be quite outrageous. I would say it's generally meant to be nothing but more leftist propaganda and Trump bashing.
Old 12-23-2020, 01:36 PM   #8337
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Merry Christmas, everyone!

from President Trump...

Private enterprise did all the work, took all the risks and deserve ALL the credit.

This is the same bull shit logic that says Reagan ENDED the cold war when, in fact, he was just the president when years and years of cold war pressures sank the USSR....He did not do what hundreds of others did
Old 12-23-2020, 03:44 PM   #8338
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Private enterprise did all the work, took all the risks and deserve ALL the credit.

This is the same bull shit logic that says Reagan ENDED the cold war when, in fact, he was just the president when years and years of cold war pressures sank the USSR....He did not do what hundreds of others did
Old 12-23-2020, 04:04 PM   #8339
AndyC

Quote:

Usually all of the risks would include selling the product too. Given that they had a guaranteed sale wouldn't that substantially decrease the risks?
Old 12-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #8340
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

That's one way of looking at things.