Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-10-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
ljb
Veteran

Jobs data and Republican values?

Friday's jobs report was somewhat dismal. 96,000 new jobs. This falls short of the administration's prediction of 200,000 and even short of the 150,000 needed to keep up with population growth. But the real stickler here is, almost half the new jobs (40,000) are government jobs.
What happened to the Republican's goal of shrinking the government? Another example of this administration's total disregard for basic Republican values. I would urge any and all republicans to reconsider their vote this year. If you can't bring yourself to vote for Kerry, then vote for Nader or the libertarian candidate. Send them a message. WE ARE NOT going to stand for them violating our basic principal values!
Thank you for your continued support.
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
sq764
EIG

Yes, vote for Kerry!! He is a man of conviction and a model of consistency.. Good example:

Sept 2004 : (at the debate)

"Iraq was not even close to the center of the War on Terror..."

Dec 2001On O'Reilly Factor)

"Sadam is and has acted like a terrorist and he has engaged in activities that are unacceptable"

Oct 2002: (To the Senate floor)

"He has supported and harbored terrorist groups, particularly radical Palestinian groups such as Abu Niale, and he has given money to families of suicide murderers in Israel"

Yeah, where do I sign up???
sq764 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2004, 08:10 AM   #3
ljb
Veteran

sq764,
If you take the time to read the complete note, you will see I did not suggest you vote for Kerry. There are other choices available, use your head man. You could even do like Republican Senator Chafee is going to do, write in your own personal choice.

Last edited by ljb; 10-10-2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:34 AM   #4
sq764
EIG

Honestly LJB, before the campaigns, the DNC and RNC, the debates... I was going to vote for Bush.. Admittedly, I am not thrilled with everything he has done, but most of it..

But after watching the conventions, the debates, hearing Kerry talk, I have become 100% sure that Bush is the right person for the job. It took someone like Kerry to fill in that little bit of doubt.

It took Kerry to make me realize it is important to have someone leading the country that has strong conviction, tough, willing to protect this country.. I just wouldn't feel safe with Kerry in office, period..

Bush has been a little over the top about Kerry's flip flops, a little excessive, but there is also a lot of truth to it. Kerry is also so out of touch with the common man it's unbelievable.. He's just so stiff and vanilla..

If there was a viable and competent Dem candidate on the ticket, I would certainly have been open to a dem vote, but this is not the case. I am a little shocked that Kerry is the best the Dems have to offer on their ticket.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:49 AM   #5
ljb
Veteran

Ok,
I see in your note why you can't vote for Kerry. My concern is why vote for Bush? He has violated most if not all basic republican principals.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:58 AM   #6
sq764
EIG

I believe I mentioned my reasons as to my vote for Bush..

I am curious, if you had to decide on the Dem candidate for this year's election, and the 2 candidates on the dem ticket were Kerry and Clinton (pre-president Clinton), which would you vote for?

Also, why would you vote for one over the other?
Old 10-10-2004, 10:51 AM   #7
ljb
Veteran

from sq764; I believe I mentioned my reasons as to my vote for Bush..

And where did you mention them?
Old 10-10-2004, 10:55 AM   #8
sq764
EIG

"It took Kerry to make me realize it is important to have someone leading the country that has strong conviction, tough, willing to protect this country"
Old 10-10-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally posted by ljb
Ok,
I see in your note why you can't vote for Kerry. My concern is why vote for Bush? He has violated most if not all basic republican principals.
Why are you so concerned about republican principles and how republicans vote? From the looks of things, most republicans do not agree wtih you.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:44 PM   #10
ljb
Veteran

sq764,
So if I read you correctly you are willing to accept the dismal jobs situation, the increase of big government in D.C. and the outrageous deficit and other disgusting violations of Republican principals because this administration sacrificed over 1000 American lives and spent millions of dollars to get Saddam. Is this correct?
Tom,
I am just trying to help those who are lost.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:49 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You talking about republican principles is like you talking about anything - just not close to reality.

Last edited by Tom; 10-10-2004 at 12:50 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #12
sq764
EIG

I think you should go help those of you that are lost.. Maybe you, hcap and Sec can 'do lunch' and mull over what attracts you to Lerch..

LJB, you know as well as I do, you are going to get the good with the bad, no matter who is in office. You can't possibly agree with every single decision or side with every single issue that the president has, not can I imagine you agree with kerry 100% on every issue and 'plan'.. (or do you?)
Old 10-10-2004, 02:22 PM   #13
Suff
Beat up 💪

Off The topic

The Topic is Jobs correct? And the Loss thereof.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2004, 02:30 PM   #14
sq764
EIG

I believe the initial post involved a comment of : "I would urge any and all republicans to reconsider their vote this year. If you can't bring yourself to vote for Kerry, then vote for Nader or the libertarian candidate. Send them a message"

Personally, in my responses, I was addressing that garbage.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #15
boxcar

talk about dense!

ljb asks:

Ok, I see in your note why you can't vote for Kerry. My concern is why vote for Bush? He has violated most if not all basic republican principals.

Geesh, you're more dense than I thought! Go back and read
SQ's post carefully this time. The reasons are there as plain and clear as the snoz on your puss.

Boxcar
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply