Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
mjdevita

Looking for Thoroughbred Partners

Hello,

I am looking for thoroughbred partners.

You will not have any monthly bills. Great Deal.

contact me or see www.ownracehorses.com
mjdevita is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2004, 04:47 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm sorry, you must have mistaken this forum for the classifieds section of the website.....oh wait, we don't HAVE a classifieds section.....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2004, 09:07 AM   #3
mjdevita

Quote:
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm sorry, you must have mistaken this forum for the classifieds section of the website.....oh wait, we don't HAVE a classifieds section.....
I am new to internet forums and I did not know I was doing anything wrong.

Pace Advantage is the best horse racing forum on the interent that I have found and I want to be a contributor of value and content.

I will get provide better quality posts in the future.

I did add a text link and two banners for Pace Advantage on my website.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:33 AM   #4
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Purses are great in WV, A 5k claimer is worth to claim, 5k claimers at Calder take home $4500.00, minus 10% for the jock.Maybe not worth venturing into Florida.
CryingForTheHorses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2004, 11:05 AM   #5
mjdevita

Quote:
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
Purses are great in WV, A 5k claimer is worth to claim, 5k claimers at Calder take home $4500.00, minus 10% for the jock.Maybe not worth venturing into Florida.
Can't race a 5k claimer in Florida the way we do in West Virginia. We can do that at CT because the purses are high
In Florida the trainer and horse could starve to death.

You would have to choose a class of horse that makes it worth it to both the trainer where he can make money and the investors.
Old 10-09-2004, 03:32 PM   #6
andicap

Quote:
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
PA, I don't understand. Why not just remove his posts?
Old 10-09-2004, 03:44 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Andi,

Just curious, why is this so bad, but the CompuTrak one seems fine with you? They seem the same to me, blatant sales pitch.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2004, 04:03 PM   #8
mjdevita

Quote:
Originally posted by cj
Andi,

Just curious, why is this so bad, but the CompuTrak one seems fine with you? They seem the same to me, blatant sales pitch.
CJ - Thank you.

I admitted my mistakes and I said I would be better.

I am new but I don't see anything wrong with discussing the different purse structures in the country in the General Racing Discussion area. The difference can be mind boggling.

I was just commenting on McSchell_Racing's post.

I don't think it would be appropriate in the Handicapping area but nothing wrong here.

If it weren't for the labor of love of many horsemen who don't make a lot of money racing overnight stock...there wouldn't be a game..NO Kentucky Derby, NO Triple Crown, NO Breeder Cup, etc.

The overnight racing is what creates the market for the big ones.

Thanks again.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:38 PM   #9
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

GOOD POINT Mike!

Thousands are spent on young horses,Im gla someone else does all the work, I love to claim them ready to roll, Let someone else spend all that money, Im really not sure as to why PA is annoyed at your post,I myself did the same as you but without flair, I think your concept on this claiming for partnerships can be bad and good, Good as long as your making money...Bad when the horse goes into a lull. The trick is for you to claim a hot horse, Run him for what you got him and let him get claimed back.If I had money I would have so much fun. I do love to claim the older horses as they give you more when they are 100% right.A 16kOCL gives you a 27k purse with take home of 16k. All you have to do is win 1 race and you are out on him,bring him home and win another and get caimed you make noting but money. Calder is famous for these races at every distance.
Old 10-09-2004, 05:09 PM   #10
mjdevita

Quote:
Originally posted by McSchell_Racing
GOOD POINT Mike!

Thousands are spent on young horses,Im gla someone else does all the work, I love to claim them ready to roll, Let someone else spend all that money, Im really not sure as to why PA is annoyed at your post,I myself did the same as you but without flair, I think your concept on this claiming for partnerships can be bad and good, Good as long as your making money...Bad when the horse goes into a lull. The trick is for you to claim a hot horse, Run him for what you got him and let him get claimed back.If I had money I would have so much fun. I do love to claim the older horses as they give you more when they are 100% right.A 16kOCL gives you a 27k purse with take home of 16k. All you have to do is win 1 race and you are out on him,bring him home and win another and get caimed you make noting but money. Calder is famous for these races at every distance.
McS_R...

I think PA was upset because I am new to the board and my post, old signature tag line, etc read like a billboard or as he put it a classified ad! I think he would consider it spamming!!.....

When receiving a day rate the trainer has little risk but is limited in to how much they can earn and the owner usually wants to be part of the decision making process, if not the majority of it.

I liken it to many sport franchise owners that are successful business people in their own field and the purchase a team. Some of them think they know more then the career people in the sport.

Horse racing is no different. Many owners think they know more about the sport than the horsemen themselves and that is crazy!!
That is not to say that some owners are very knowledgable but some just don't have a clue BUT think they know it all.

See this article http://www.drf.com/news/article/59682.html
and see what Southern California trainer Nick Hines has to say about the horse During and this race.

In our situation, the trainer has the biggest risk, he stands to make the biggest reward but he also needs absolute decision making powers.
Old 10-09-2004, 06:08 PM   #11
andicap

Quote:
Originally posted by cj
Andi,

The difference is that Ruben just didn't show up here and pitch, pitch, pitch. He participates in forums beyond pitching, giving us the benefit of his knowledge. When he pitches, he places one post in the appropriate section and then patiently answers all the questions sent his way.
I've known Ruben since the Prodigy days almost 15 years ago and he's not just on these board to sell something (although it likely is a major reason he is here).
Old 10-09-2004, 06:14 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Makes sense to me, didn't realize he was sort of a regular.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #13
mjdevita

Quote:
Originally posted by andicap
The difference is that Ruben just didn't show up here and pitch, pitch, pitch. He participates in forums beyond pitching, giving us the benefit of his knowledge. When he pitches, he places one post in the appropriate section and then patiently answers all the questions sent his way.
I've known Ruben since the Prodigy days almost 15 years ago and he's not just on these board to sell something (although it likely is a major reason he is here).
As I have said more than once now...I am new to this forum 'thing" and I am learning. Give me a chance to partcipate instead of trying to defend myself.

I will only place appropriate postings in the correct forums and I won't pitch, pitch, pitch.....however, I hope speaking from a backstretch point of view isn't considered pitching.

The forum title is - General Racing Discussion - Is that hyped 2-year-old the real deal? Discuss all on and off track action here!

I would consider the issues from both the front and back would fit here. If I am wrong I ask that PA correct me.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #14
CryingForTheHorses
In Front

Hey Mike
If you notice as I have, LOTS of the guys here like to gamble, Lots of owners and a few trainers. I see lots of these guys on their website selling handicapping stuff. You and I try to sell ourselves.I have also learned from my stay here that their are a lot of browsers and you never know who is reading what you wrote, I myself have pissed off a few guys, I have also shared my website for those who want to look and I do have 1 or 2 guys that watch my horses run.I never tout my horses.The guys here are really nice and you will see that as they get to know you.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:58 PM   #15
mjdevita

McSch_R,

Thanks and I have no problem with that. I have been known to place a bet or two thousand in my lifetime. I understand that besides the overnight horsemen it would not be at all possible without the hardcore horse player.

Yes, the casual fan adds value but without the everyday handicapper....the sport won't be there also...it seems that we are all in this together.

I am sure I will get the hang of this forum stuff before they hang me!