Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 07:26 PM   #46
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Aww...did you miss me?

The reason I took so long was to give you plenty of time to ty comprehend my post 35. But apparently you became so stuck on stupid you couldn't get past the second paragraph, which read:
Oh...so, I am "stupid" now. Another example of that famous Christian "love for their fellow man", blatantly on display.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:31 PM   #47
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
That's why its called a Near death experience. However, most people with NDE's are clinically dead. That means no pulse, no breathing and fixed dilated pupils. You need to qualify to be a NDE candidate.

Furthermore, most NDE's include a decision to either stay on the other side which almost all wanted, or to go back. But in many cases they were forced to come back to this Earth against their decision and some said how angry they were for being forced to come back. In other cases those who came back were told what would happen in their lives as far as family or career etc. Not necessarily cheery news there, such as death, divorce etc. The spirits tell it like it is.

Most people did report an indescribable love from God or a Light that is the main reason they did not want to come back. That is in direct contrast to your "God fearing" mongering. Many were atheists or agnostic as well.

Funny how God did not punish those who did not practice a faith or believe in him, but instead showered them with unconditional love.
Oh yeah...by the way, not all ndes sing out the same hymnal.

https://www.cracked.com/blog/4-peopl...hen-came-back/

https://www.therichest.com/shocking/...h-experiences/

Apparently, not all trips into Light Fantastic are all that fantastic.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:37 PM   #48
thaskalos

Quote:
Aww...did you miss me?

The reason I took so long was to give you plenty of time to ty comprehend my post 35. But apparently you became so stuck on stupid you couldn't get past the second paragraph, which read:

Fear also means revere or even honor. See Strong's 3372 for the Hebrew.

Funny, but I don't see the word "love" in that paragraph. Were you hallucinating when you read that?
I specifically used the word "love" in my post. You switched it to "reverence" and 'worship' in order to make your lame point. God is called "ever-loving" in the bible, so, my use of the word "love" is warranted...even though it doesn't suit your flimsy argument.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-10-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:58 PM   #49
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I specifically used the word "love" in my post. You switched it to "reverence" and 'worship' in order to make your lame point. God is called "ever-loving" in the bible, so, my use of the word "love" is warranted...even though it doesn't suit your flimsy argument.
You also have a bad memory. So poor you can only tell us half truths! This is what you wrote to which I responded.

Quote:
What would we say today about a "benevolent father", who had great love for his children who "feared him"?
It was the "feared him" phrase to which I responded. I said nothing about love, yet you lied outright telling us that I equated fear with love.

Dishonest much?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #50
boxcar

Quote:
Oh...so, I am "stupid" now. Another example of that famous Christian "love for their fellow man", blatantly on display.
Well...if you say so. I just said you're stuck on stupid.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:03 PM   #51
thaskalos

Quote:
You also have a bad memory. So poor you can only tell us half truths! This is what you wrote to which I responded.

It was the "feared him" phrase to which I responded. I said nothing about love, yet you lied outright telling us that I equated fear with love.

Dishonest much?
You brought "reverence" and 'worship' into the conversation when I was talking about LOVE...and you call ME "dishonest"?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 PM   #52
thaskalos

Quote:
Well...if you say so. I just said you're stuck on stupid.
How about we make a deal. You stay out of the Religion IV thread...and we'll stay out of the Religion III one. I think I can get the rest of the group to agree with me on this one.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #53
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Didn't take too long for this thread to disintegrate into "III."
And I, and II. I don't like being told my fate by a cruel mean spirited creep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed-uo-car
And I guess your spiritual state of death, as well as Light's, Thask's and others accounts for your dishonesty.
He even criticizes Dave Schwartz, a fellow Calvinist, you, and almost everyone else's beliefs. Hates Catholics and Jews and every other major religion with no understanding of them.

I spent much time with religious people, did two retreats at a monastery and none of the Christians were as mean spirited and insulting
Old 04-10-2019, 08:10 PM   #54
boxcar

Quote:
You brought "reverence" and 'worship' into the conversation when I was talking about LOVE...and you call ME "dishonest"?
But I didn't respond to your "love" part. I responded only to YOUR last phrase "feared him". And didn't say a thing about "love" in my long reply, yet you misrepresented my reply by saying I equated your "love" with "fear" when I did no such thing. All I did was explain how the Hebrew term rendered "fear" is often used in the OT.

Dishonest much?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:21 PM   #55
thaskalos

Quote:
But I didn't respond to your "love" part. I responded only to YOUR last phrase "feared him". And didn't say a thing about "love" in my long reply, yet you misrepresented my reply by saying I equated your "love" with "fear" when I did no such thing. All I did was explain how the Hebrew term rendered "fear" is often used in the OT.

Dishonest much?
You call me dishonest...and yet you agree to ignoring my post's "love part"?
What do I care about the different definitions of the Hebrew terms...wasn't the bible originally written in GREEK? When it fits your argument, you stay with the NT...and when it doesn't you move to the OT? In a dishonesty contest...there is no way that I can hold a candle to you. You beat me by a landslide.

Last edited by thaskalos; 04-10-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:22 PM   #56
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
And I, and II. I don't like being told my fate by a cruel mean spirited creep.

He even criticizes Dave Schwartz, a fellow Calvinist, you, and almost everyone else's beliefs. Hates Catholics and Jews and every other major religion with no understanding of them.

I spent much time with religious people, did two retreats at a monastery and none of the Christians were as mean spirited and insulting
Oh...so now you're a god too? You know my heart?

And how long have you been simple-minded? Just because I constructively criticize someone's beliefs or theology does not mean I hate them. If someone criticizes a black person, he's a racist. If someone criticizes illegal entrance in this country, he's a racist. If someone criticizes a woman, he's a sexist or misogynist. If someone criticizes the pope, he hates Catholics, etc., etc.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #57
thaskalos

Quote:

Dishonest much?
The words "love" and 'loving' were quoted TWICE in your long reply...right at the top.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:28 PM   #58
boxcar

Quote:
You call me dishonest...and yet you agree to ignoring my post's "love part"?
What do I care about the different definitions of the Hebrew terms...wasn't the bible originally written in GREEK? In a dishonesty contest...there is no way that I can hold a candle to you. You beat me by a landslide.
Yes, I ignored it and focused on one part. And that's my prerogative! And that one part should have explained to you how and why God loves those who revere, honor and respect Him! But you are so stuck in your hatred for God, you can't see beyond that.

And, no,the OT was written in Hebrew! All those passages I quoted came from the OT.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #59
thaskalos

Quote:
Yes, I ignored it and focused on one part. And that's my prerogative! And that one part should have explained to you how and why God loves those who revere, honor and respect Him! But you are so stuck in your hatred for God, you can't see beyond that.

And, no,the OT was written in Hebrew! All those passages I quoted came from the OT.
Why don't you quote my entire post....where I mention how you jump from the OT to the NT whenever it suits you? Do you think that I need you to tell me that the OT was written in Hebrew?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:31 PM   #60
boxcar

Quote:
The words "love" and 'loving' were quoted TWICE in your long reply...right at the top.
I did not say a thing about love in my number 35! Learn to read already and quit acting like a petulant child!

Post 35 was the post to which you were alluding when you blatantly lied and said that I equated love with fear.