Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 04:51 PM   #181
woodtoo

Hollywierd a place where everybody knows your name.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:27 AM   #182
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I hope Robert De Niro comes out with the same impassioned speeches about wanting to punch more people, like Harvey Weinstein or Keven Spacey...

Oh wait, maybe not...in fact, just this past August, ol' Bob was chumming it up with ol' Harvey at some political meeting:

https://pagesix.com/2017/08/24/de-ni...tie-successor/

De Niro, an actor I used to love, is just another hypocritical liberal scumbag I guess...
Old 11-01-2017, 11:09 AM   #183
woodtoo

Good to Know. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2017, 04:42 PM   #184
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I hope Robert De Niro comes out with the same impassioned speeches about wanting to punch more people, like Harvey Weinstein or Keven Spacey...

Oh wait, maybe not...in fact, just this past August, ol' Bob was chumming it up with ol' Harvey at some political meeting:

https://pagesix.com/2017/08/24/de-ni...tie-successor/

De Niro, an actor I used to love, is just another hypocritical liberal scumbag I guess...
He has become a mean old man!!!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:02 PM   #185
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Plug those ears tightly, Mr. Hear No Evil monkey.

Nothing to see here. Totally middle of the road. Not supporting those claiming this was actually a real thing at all.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:07 PM   #186
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
Nothing to see here. Totally middle of the road. Not supporting those claiming this was actually a real thing at all.
You're right. Never supported the theory by claiming it was true.

But supported those with an open mind who were seeing things that any rational human being would think were really strange in those Podesta emails. You would think they were really, really odd too because you're a rational human being. But you can't bring yourself to risk appearing "supportive" of such a nutty theory. Because if you don't outright dismiss it, that means you're being supportive, at least in your way of thinking. That's cool.

I didn't support them by saying "Damn straight this thing is real!"

But I didn't dismiss it out of hand because I've read the emails and there's some pretty weird shit in there that has yet to be explained.

Pretty much middle of the road, as usual.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:18 PM   #187
_______
Veteran

Quote:
You're right. Never supported the theory by claiming it was true.

But supported those with an open mind who were seeing things that any rational human being would think were really strange in those Podesta emails. You would think they were really, really odd too because you're a rational human being. But you can't bring yourself to risk appearing "supportive" of such a nutty theory. Because if you don't outright dismiss it, that means you're being supportive, at least in your way of thinking. That's cool.

I didn't support them by saying "Damn straight this thing is real!"

But I didn't dismiss it out of hand because I've read the emails and there's some pretty weird shit in there that has yet to be explained.

Pretty much middle of the road, as usual.
No.

It’s batshit crazy nonsense that even Alex Jones had to disavow.

Sometimes the middle isn’t what you want it to be.

That’s okay, though. You can still tell tell yourself you just have an open mind and not a deluded sewer of conspiracy theories.
Old 06-25-2018, 05:24 PM   #188
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
No.

He meant that's he's middle of the road among alt-right wingnuts. So he thinks that makes him a voice of reason around here
Old 06-25-2018, 05:45 PM   #189
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Not just here.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:08 PM   #190
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
**** Alex Jones. Why even bring him up?

Some people actually think for themselves. That's the problem you and a lot of others around here have with me.

But it's obviously not too big of a problem, since ya'll stick around for the show.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:14 PM   #191
classhandicapper

Quote:
No.

That’s okay, though. You can still tell tell yourself you just have an open mind and not a deluded sewer of conspiracy theories.

There are aspects of the story that are clearly wrong.

There are good explanations for some of the so called "evidence".

However, there are a few wikileaks emails that are so ridiculously suggestive that you'd have to be pretty naive to assume they are innocent. There are also saved photos, conversations under those photos, and web page commentary that are real (original sources all since deleted) that support the notion that some of the people involved and their friends have non mainstream preferences and seem a bit preoccupied with children.

The problem is that if you read the mainstream press you will only be told about the things they can discredit. They leave out all the stuff they can't explain. If you read all the gibberish on the internet you will find tons of stuff produced by people that are batshit crazy.

The only way to know what's real, what's not, what can or has be explained, and what hasn't is to actually research all the emails, web pages, photos, articles, dark web code terms, etc... on your own.

I have done that.

I think most of it is probably false, but I'd be willing to bet any amount of money that some of the "players" ARE pedophiles or at a minimum knowingly have political relationships and friendships with people that are pedophiles and look the other way.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 06-25-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:33 PM   #192
_______
Veteran

Quote:
**** Alex Jones. Why even bring him up?

Some people actually think for themselves. That's the problem you and a lot of others around here have with me.

But it's obviously not too big of a problem, since ya'll stick around for the show.
I brought him up to underline how batshit crazy you have to be to entertain any notion that there was ever anything real here.

When Alex Jones is tapping you on the shoulder and shaking his head “no”, you aren’t straddling the middle ground.

You’re probably not actually on this planet anymore but sure. You’re just an independent thinker. With an open mind.

Good for you, chief.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:45 PM   #193
classhandicapper

Quote:
I brought him up to underline how batshit crazy you have to be to entertain any notion that there was ever anything real here.

When Alex Jones is tapping you on the shoulder and shaking his head “no”, you aren’t straddling the middle ground.

You’re probably not actually on this planet anymore but sure. You’re just an independent thinker. With an open mind.

Good for you, chief.
Alex Jones was under threat of lawsuit and only backed off the part of the story related to actual trafficking out of the pizza shop. He did not back off on the wikileaks emails or the possibility that there are sex traffickers and pedophiles in Washington.
Old 06-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #194
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Alex Jones was under threat of lawsuit and only backed off the part of the story related to actual trafficking out of the pizza shop. He did not back off on the wikileaks emails or the possibility that there are sex traffickers and pedophiles in Washington.
Yes. It’s funny how trafficking in demonstrably false information that has “open minded” people showing up with guns to public eateries can draw lawsuits.

But we should listen to everything else he says since he has such a great track record.

Pizzagate didn’t start out as this generalized non-specific bad things in Washington meme you want it to be now. It meant something specific that was proven false repeatedly but still has people with truly open minds questioning.

Like every other conspiracy theory, there is no point in arguing with a true believer. No amount of evidence can ever close the door for those with open minds.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:24 PM   #195
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Good for you, chief.
I never once even hinted that I thought what was alleged to be happening in the stupid pizza store was even REMOTELY true.

All I talked about was the bat shit crazy emails from and to Podesta. That's ALL I was talking about. That some others connected that to the pizza store isn't my concern.

So **** Alex Jones and maybe even **** you for implying something that isn't there about me.