Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #121
incoming

The brand new way to spell carbon.......H_2O
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-17-2018, 10:48 PM   #122
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Sometimes I read all the new postings in the threads and think that what we really need is a Betty Ford type clinic for people who can't stop reading and replying.
Sounds like a “happening” for sure...let me know just when and where and I’ll be sure to attend...Say, Halv, I was kinda wondering you don’t reply to my posts much...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #123
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I came from a place with roads and terrain way more difficult to navigate than here and a foot of snow over night meant business as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
I did, too. But that is all based on the manpower, equipment, etc. of the municipality you moved to.

When I lived in upstate NY, nothing closed when there was a foot of snow because they have plows, sand, etc. as a normal part of their plan. In smaller southern communities, they don't have those things, because it rarely snows enough to keep all that going. Usually, we just wait for our roads to "thaw out" and that means during ice/snow you pretty much stay home unless you have 4 wheel drive, etc.

Strangely enough they have plenty of manpower and equipment here. Especially in Richmond the Capitol of the Confederacy, yet a little snow or temps in the teens or less and they roll up the sidewalks. I see areas well off the beaten paths that are salted and plowed whose counterpart would have never been touched in the area where it snowed more and people functioned.
Also snow never accumulates here it always melts well before the next one, rarely does it go more than a couple days without a high temp over freezing.

In the last 22 years I have only lived in 3 different places, in the 20 years prior to that I averaged almost one move a year. I have never seen anything like the reaction to weather I have seen here.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #124
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Sounds like a “happening” for sure...let me know just when and where and I’ll be sure to attend...Say, Halv, I was kinda wondering you don’t reply to my posts much...
Nothing personal. Anything you direct my way I'll definitely answer.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-18-2018, 06:29 PM   #125
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Nothing personal. Anything you direct my way I'll definitely answer.
Cool...thanks...! Sometimes this board has a real “in-group/ out-group” feel to it...

...I know I contribute to some of the non-sense here but really I’m just posting stuff that I am interested in and what I think others may find interesting or even find controversial...

It is really about having conversations, and making contributions that somehow raise or develop the topic...

I suppose my great deficiency is not adjusting my speech to the needs of THIS audience that I am attempting to dialogue with...by refusing to do so, I demonstrate a selfishness that typically leads nowhere...

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-18-2018 at 06:31 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 12:48 AM   #126
hcap

Quote:
Cool...thanks...! Sometimes this board has a real “in-group/ out-group” feel to it...

...I know I contribute to some of the non-sense here but really I’m just posting stuff that I am interested in and what I think others may find interesting or even find controversial...

It is really about having conversations, and making contributions that somehow raise or develop the topic...

I suppose my great deficiency is not adjusting my speech to the needs of THIS audience that I am attempting to dialogue with...by refusing to do so, I demonstrate a selfishness that typically leads nowhere...
Your problem may be you have no discernible point of view. You go all over the place throwing stuff up on the wall. Hoping something will stick. I think finding a "balance point" would help.

On the Religious thread I might say "try being centered"
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 10:56 AM   #127
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

"Balancing point" I laughed.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #128
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Looks like N Carolina is very thankful to Trump for the up-front aid he provided to allow then to better respond to the tragedy.
Their Governor did a great job.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:49 AM   #129
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:

Well, I don't think I'm part of the in-group. i never recovered from getting off on the wrong foot!! LOL
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 11:57 AM   #130
Clocker

Quote:
Sometimes I read all the new postings in the threads and think that what we really need is a Betty Ford type clinic for people who can't stop reading and replying.
The problem is those replying without first reading.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #131
Ocala Mike

“This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water." - Donald J. Trump

Gotta love the guy - the language has endured Casey Stengel and Yogi Berra, so I'm sure it will survive him.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 01:12 PM   #132
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
“This is a tough hurricane, one of the wettest we’ve ever seen from the standpoint of water." - Donald J. Trump

Gotta love the guy - the language has endured Casey Stengel and Yogi Berra, so I'm sure it will survive him.
I thought it was funny. But you only measure 2 things in a hurricane, wind and flooding. So, I guess the statements correct
Old 09-19-2018, 03:40 PM   #133
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Sometimes this board has a real “in-group/ out-group” feel to it...
I am a regular/semi regular on 2 other message boards (music and the Red Sox) and the same thing happens there.Wherever you go in life, there will always be a cool kids table.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #134
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Quote:
I thought it was funny. But you only measure 2 things in a hurricane, wind and flooding. So, I guess the statements correct

Yeah, DUH?
Old 09-19-2018, 06:01 PM   #135
Ocala Mike

We know what he meant - it's how he said it! He murders the English language.

By the way, this September down here has been one of the hottest on record from the standpoint of heat.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: