Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-10-2022, 02:35 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Why is it a huge block of the mail in vote is Democrats?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 02:36 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
They are still holed up in their basements with Joe Biden trying not to catch COVID for the 18th time...

despite being boosted 9x

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-10-2022 at 02:50 PM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 02:49 PM   #18
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Because the Republican ones were tossed before scanning.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 03:30 PM   #19
MargieRose

From someone who was there...

Lawrence L.

Nov 9·edited Nov 9

I worked as a poll worker in Maricopa yesterday. It was a f**king disgrace. I would guess that 95% of the voters were GOP (they were carrying their GOP-provided "Golden Ticket" voter recommendations). They stood in line for 4-5 hours--many with young children--to feed their completed ballots into the tabulator machines. Every once in a while a cheer would ring out around the machines as the lucky voter's ballot was actually accepted. Voters were convinced that if they allowed their ballot to be inserted into the infamous Slot #3 it would never be counted (who knows?).

The last voter left the polling place at 10 PM whereupon we began counting the "misread," spoiled, and provisional ballots. The polling place Inspector (the head honcho) was unable to get the tabulator machines to print out the results reports (these are like a retail store's cash register roll). Once all the ballots, reports (finally), and checklist items were boxes and bagged, I volunteered to drive the ballots to an intermediary collection point. A Dem and I drove to a dark parking lot where several Maricopa County Sheriffs were on guard. The folks there transferred the ballots to a large truck and gave us both chain of custody receipts. We returned to the polling place to finish the night at 12:15 AM.

Random Thoughts: 1) the printers and tabulators were tested during the Monday 11/7 polling place set up. They all worked on Monday but immediately began failing on Tuesday morning. Anyone else wonder how that happened? 2) How did this phenomenon occur simultaneously across 20% of the voting locations on the day that was expected to be a very heavy GOP Election Day vote? 3) Why shouldn't Katie Hobbs have recused herself from the management of an election in which she had a direct personal interest? 4) Why hasn't Katie Hobbs resigned in disgrace yet this morning?

The entire election process in Maricopa County and AZ in general is a f**ked up mess. I was checking in voters all day until 7 PM and the voter rolls were dirty ("I changed my information on line, why don't you have my address?" "I registered to vote but never got a new voter registration card" "I changed all my address info at the AZ MVD (DMV) and printed out the screen shots" (but their ADOT account still showed the old information so they had to vote provisionally).

I'm presuming that the felon former Maricopa County Elections weenie Adrian Fontes will be AZ's new Secretary of State. I will certainly never again volunteer to work the elections. My career in large real time information systems implementations tells me that this mess of shiite data cleansing, process chaos has to be the way it is for a reason--a bad reason. Anyone who rolled out such an expensive, flawed, and chaotic abomination in the private sector would be fired on the spot and walked off the premises. In fact, I may just resign as a GOP precinct committeeman and reclaim hundreds of hours of my personal time. America has spoken. My fellow Americans are fine with what the Dems and RINOs have served up for the past six years--and especially the last two. The saying, "You can't cheat an honest man" comes to my mind this morning. The fact that the brain dead and deeply corrupt are still running the country tells me all I need to know about my fellow Americans--and the future.

It's Obvious Now: America's Voting System Is Rigged

~
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 03:30 PM   #20
letswastemoney

Someone this biased should not be in charge of votes in Pima County, AZ

https://twitter.com/GabriellaCKelly

"She/Her. Pima County Recorder, elected official, xennial, voting, culture, 21st Century Native things & dismantling white supremacy."
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
And they are gonna steal it from Kari
When I had bikes she could get on back in a heartbeat, I would not say the same for Stacy Abrams.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 06:13 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You're right.

A lot more people vote by mail these days.
Lesson to be learned by the GOP.
They ignored this other use it as an excuse.
Dem have been all over it.

Dems are always a step ahead of the R's.
R's need to clean house, get some people who have brains and learn how to run campaigns and elections. Talk is cheap, actions matter. Look at Florida and Texas. The red wave came in there.

No doubts NY was lost in large part to Trump's closeness with Zeldin.

Stop screaming fix and start doing something about it.
Nationwide, I heard it was +6 million votes for Republicans.

You don't win every fight you're ion, but don't win any you concede before it starts.

Lots of lessons to be learned, but are the R's smart enough to pay attention.
THIS is why TRUMP IS POISON. He did a good job, but he blew it at the end. He is killing the party. His ship has sailed. We have very strong, promising people in the Redlands. Wise up.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:23 PM   #23
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post

Dems are always a step ahead of the R's.
R's need to clean house, get some people who have brains and learn how to run campaigns and elections. Talk is cheap, actions matter. Look at Florida and Texas. The red wave came in there.

No doubts NY was lost in large part to Trump's closeness with Zeldin.

Stop screaming fix and start doing something about it.
Nationwide, I heard it was +6 million votes for Republicans.

You don't win every fight you're ion, but don't win any you concede before it starts.

Lots of lessons to be learned, but are the R's smart enough to pay attention.
THIS is why TRUMP IS POISON. He did a good job, but he blew it at the end. He is killing the party. His ship has sailed. We have very strong, promising people in the Redlands. Wise up.
this is very simple to understand.

this midterm election had $17 billion poured into it to fool us. these guys running for political office from both sides could care less about any of US, and the United States of America. they are not spending this money so that their candidates can do good things for US, they are getting US all hyped up and we are now fighting amongst US, this is strictly by design. its interesting to watch these whores every couple of years that only are lying through whatever teeth they have. they are all rotten from top to bottom.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 07:59 PM   #24
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I'm too lazy to grab research but in the old days the saying was bad weather helps the Republicans.

I'm not sure how true that particular aspect is but Republicans don't like making it easy to vote in Urban areas for obvious reasons.

That's why they've always been against vote by mail. It's easier to mobilize Democrat votes with it.

On the opposite end they've always been so reactionary they didn't realize it would help them in Rural areas as well and instead just repeatedly attacked it.
Old 11-10-2022, 09:49 PM   #25
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I'm too lazy to grab research but in the old days the saying was bad weather helps the Republicans.

I'm not sure how true that particular aspect is but Republicans don't like making it easy to vote in Urban areas for obvious reasons.

That's why they've always been against vote by mail. It's easier to mobilize Democrat votes with it.

On the opposite end they've always been so reactionary they didn't realize it would help them in Rural areas as well and instead just repeatedly attacked it.
People I know in rural areas would walk on broken glass to the polling place to get their vote in. Not being argumentative, just telling you the way it is here
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-10-2022, 10:57 PM   #26
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
People I know in rural areas would walk on broken glass to the polling place to get their vote in. Not being argumentative, just telling you the way it is here
On Tuesday my cashier didn’t show for work. My wife had to rush in to work the register.

Several old people came in for lunch complaining about having to stand in line to vote. My wife asked why they didn’t take advantage of early voting. She explained how we voted at 9:30p last Thursday night, with no waiting.

My wife said that several older couples throughout lunch had never heard of “early voting”
Old 11-10-2022, 11:18 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My wife said that several older couples throughout lunch had never heard of “early voting”
VOTER SUPPRESSION!
Old 11-11-2022, 01:11 AM   #28
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Some do some don't.

Depends on the circles you run in. I know plenty of people who can't be bothered in my rural area.

Fact is the more barriers there are to vote the fewer people will.

Could be distance. Could be time.
Old 11-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #29
vegasone

Hi Xxxxxx, I'm Christopher w/ the Democrats. We noticed you haven't turned in your mail ballot yet and Election Day is almost here! Can we count on you to vote by mail or vote early in-person for Catherine Cortez Masto, and NV Dems down the ballot?

STOP2quit

OK. This is an actual text I received several days before the election. The history on this is:they have been sending me texts constantly but to a wrong name and evidently to a wrong number someone gave them.

Spanish name if that has any context.

I’m not familiar with the mail in process but do they have access to who has voted by mail prior to the election?

Brings up some interesting questions.
vegasone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2022, 10:02 AM   #30
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
On Tuesday my cashier didn’t show for work. My wife had to rush in to work the register.

Several old people came in for lunch complaining about having to stand in line to vote. My wife asked why they didn’t take advantage of early voting. She explained how we voted at 9:30p last Thursday night, with no waiting.

Took me a total 0f 15 minutes to vote. Lucky I live in Wyoming.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: