Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 07:55 PM   #7231
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
We were speaking of how your version of god was lacking any all-knowing, any all doing, all loviving qualities during his do-over of man by Noah and the Flood, when you went off the straight and narrow tangentiazing off on how early man could not have survived as portrayed by evolution and that everyone in the world got it wrong according to your totally UNJUSTIFIED analogy of early man being somehow the "infancy" of mankind,

LITERALLY

What else is new bunky?
Seems to me God was quite just in doing the Flood. He told Adam the penalty for sin would be death, so death came to all but 8 humans because only 8 believed God (which is what true Faith is all about). God kept his word.

Now...don't go off on a tangent about the "poor" Amalekites.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #7232
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Dear Mr. self proclaimed ambassador to Christ.

First if you are an ambassador to the most high you should follow the advice of your ambassador and not call me a pathetic sack of cow manure. Because Jesus said Love your enemies.

Secondly you show great weakness in your faith when you do that and your credibility as an ambassador is greatly doubted.

Lastly, I have already answered your question in that if you don't believe the evolutionary explanation, you should believe that the one you claim to be an ambassador to allowed it to happen in a way that is beyond the Bible and more in line with the ones you call sacks of cow manure. Makes great fertilizer BTW.
Wanna try the last paragraph again? Totally incoherent.

And by the way, you told me that if something's not in the bible, this doesn't mean that it didn't happen. My reply: If something is in the bible and contradicts something that you claim happened in the world but is not recorded in the bible, I will always believe the bible, as any true friend of Jesus would do.

Genesis 9 tells us that the only way Noah and his family managed to survive all the animals that would quickly repopulate the earth after the Flood is that God himself would put the fear and terror of man into all animals . It wasn't God and "nature" working in tandem, as you stated. It was all God's saving grace toward Noah and his family that kept them alive after the Flood, so that they could successfully repopulate the earth so that in turn God would be able to keep a whole host of promises he would be making, regarding the coming Messiah (i.e. your "best friend") into the world.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:14 PM   #7233
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

"A scientific theory is an explanation of an aspect of the natural world that can be repeatedly tested, in accordance with the scientific method, using a predefined protocol of observation and experiment. Established scientific theories have withstood rigorous scrutiny and embody scientific knowledge.

"The definition of a scientific theory (often contracted to theory for the sake of brevity) as used in the disciplines of science is significantly different from the common vernacular usage of the word theory. In everyday speech, theory can imply that something is an unsubstantiated and speculative guess, the opposite of its meaning in science. These different usages are comparable to the opposing usages of prediction in science versus common speech, where it denotes a mere hope.

"The strength of a scientific theory is related to the diversity of phenomena it can explain and its simplicity. As additional scientific evidence is gathered, a scientific theory may be modified and ultimately rejected if it cannot be made to fit the new findings; in such circumstances, a more accurate theory is then required. In certain cases, the less-accurate unmodified scientific theory can still be treated as a theory if it is useful (due to its sheer simplicity) as an approximation under specific conditions. A case in point is Newton's laws of motion, which can serve as an approximation to special relativity at velocities that are small relative to the speed of light.

"Scientific theories are testable and make falsifiable predictions. They describe the causes of a particular natural phenomenon and are used to explain and predict aspects of the physical universe or specific areas of inquiry (for example, electricity, chemistry, and astronomy). Scientists use theories to further scientific knowledge, as well as to facilitate advances in technology or medicine."
The Out of Africa "theory" is also often referred to as the "Out of Africa" hypothesis. This hypothesis/theory is not accepted by all scientists.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:17 PM   #7234
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
This is one of the most uneducated, ridiculous, inconsistent, and moronic posts we may ever see.
For the one finger you have pointing at me, the other four are pointing back at you.
Old 07-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #7235
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
The Out of Africa "theory" is also often referred to as the "Out of Africa" hypothesis.
By whom? Answers in Genesis?

Quote:
This hypothesis/theory is not accepted by all scientists.
So what? What's your point?
Old 07-22-2018, 09:55 PM   #7236
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
For the one finger you have pointing at me, the other four are pointing back at you.
Well, I tried this a number of times with both hands and I could never get more than three fingers to point back. Try it.

However, just to set the record straight, I was actually pointing all ten fingers at you.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:21 AM   #7237
Hank

Quote:

So what?
Quote:
What's your point?
Let me talk a wild guess.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51W3Keko4uL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (34.1 KB, 4 views)
Old 07-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #7238
hcap

Quote:
Seems to me God was quite just in doing the Flood. He told Adam the penalty for sin would be death, so death came to all but 8 humans because only 8 believed God (which is what true Faith is all about). God kept his word.

Now...don't go off on a tangent about the "poor" Amalekites.
How many of mankind were in fact warned "unless they became upright" in god's eyes, they and their families, woman , suckling babes and even their farm animals wold be killed and washed away? Or are you going to tell us it was "god's justice" to kill then all without a direct warning?

What about south sea islanders thousands of miles away from Noah? Eskimos who never heard of Israels' deity?

I would think an all knowing, all doing, all loving god would have flown billboards all over the earth......even hired some humans other than Noah and his family to walk the sidewalks east of eden.

Last edited by hcap; 07-23-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #7239
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Well, I tried this a number of times with both hands and I could never get more than three fingers to point back. Try it.

However, just to set the record straight, I was actually pointing all ten fingers at you.
When your thumb is straight up it actually arcs back toward the pointer. Try it.

Might as well throw in your toes, too. In your case, you need all the help you can get.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #7240
boxcar

Quote:
How many of mankind were in fact warned "unless they became upright" in god's eyes, they and their families, woman , suckling babes and even their farm animals wold be killed and washed away? Or are you going to tell us it was "god's justice" to kill then all without a direct warning?

What about south sea islanders thousands of miles away from Noah? Eskimos who never heard of Israels' deity?

I would think an all knowing, all doing, all loving god would have flown billboards all over the earth......even hired some humans other than Noah and his family to walk the sidewalks east of eden.

Never heard of oral tradition? Besides, all mankind would have been communicating with one another because that is what man does. Even Cain realized this after he murdered his brother; for afterward he feared for his life, knowing that word of his evil deed would get out.

And further, how did Noah and his family know what God required of mankind in order for them to be considered to be righteous in God's eyes?

Also, there is good reason to believe that records were very likely engraved on stone since Genesis is loaded with genealogies.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:53 AM   #7241
boxcar

Quote:

So what? What's your point?

The "Out of Africa" meme is very questionable? It's not a fact, as you seemed to represent it to be.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #7242
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed_up_car
Never heard of oral tradition? Besides, all mankind would have been communicating with one another because that is what man does. Even Cain realized this after he murdered his brother; for afterward he feared for his life, knowing that word of his evil deed would get out.
How did all of mankind communicate with each other?
Did Noah call the Eskimo's . The Hawaiians?

Email maybe?
How come god in his all knowing ness never wrote in the sky in 5 mile high letters......

"Repent your wickedness--or else a lot of water""
Old 07-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #7243
boxcar

Quote:

Email maybe?
How come god in his all knowing ness never wrote in the sky in 5 mile high letters......

How did all mankind communicate with one another? Seriously? Wasn't early man a real genius when he came into this world to survive all the hungry predators that greatly outnumbered him?

He communicated by word of mouth and by writing. How else, Humpty?
Old 07-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #7244
hcap

Quote:
How did all mankind communicate with one another? Seriously? Wasn't early man a real genius when he came into this world to survive all the hungry predators that greatly outnumbered him?

He communicated by word of mouth and by writing. How else, Humpty?
Early man existed before the Noah / Ark mishmosh.

Early man is no longer the topic. Your absurd critique on evolution is totally incoherent.

My question was directed at your "early biblical literal lunacy theory"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap

Email maybe?

Remember bunky?
Old 07-23-2018, 01:41 PM   #7245
boxcar

Quote:
Early man existed before the Noah / Ark mishmosh.

Early man is no longer the topic. Your absurd critique on evolution is totally incoherent.

My question was directed at your "early biblical literal lunacy theory"

Remember bunky?
I answered that. Man spoke. Man wrote. Oral tradition. Noah and his family knew enough about God and his requirements to believe on Him and to repent of their sins, which is why they were considered righteous.

But even before Noah's day (the operative term here is BEFORE!), there was one godly line of men. This line descended from Seth, of which Noah also descended.

Gen 4:25-26
25 And Adam had relations with his wife again; and she gave birth to a son, and named him Seth, for, she said, "God has appointed me another offspring in place of Abel; for Cain killed him." 26 And to Seth, to him also a son was born; and he called his name Enosh. Then men began to call upon the name of the Lord.
NASB

Much later than Seth there was godly Enoch who "walked with God" and he was so godly, God didn't allow him to die. God simply "took him" (Gen 5:21-24).

Eventually, Lamech became the father of Noah (Gen 5:28-31). So again...the genealogy in Genesis 5 is the entire line of Seth -- the one, solitary godly line. All the rest of mankind refused to walk with God. Now you know why God saved only eight people -- all of whom descended from Seth.

And we should remember that back at that time, all mankind congregated together. They did not obey God's commandment at the beginning to "fill the entire earth". And all men spoke one language. So back then, it was pretty easy to get the word out -- for men to communicate with each other. So, while men after the birth of Enosh "began to call on the name of the Lord" -- the vast majority did not. Only a remnant did.