Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-12-2018, 09:20 PM   #241
Parkview_Pirate

It's nice to be able to navigate back to the Classic, err, Winticket interface. If being a VIP is a requirement, I wonder how long that will last when I have $2 bets per card to "pay" for my BRIS PPs?

I don't know what the details are in their decision to go down this path, but it has to be about trying to save a nickel or two. Which would mean that eventually they'll sunset the interfaces other than the new one to save support dollars.

Since TS doesn't seem interested in providing an interface that actually adjusts to the device display being used (ie, mobile vs. desktop), they are going to lose a lot of customers like me that mainly use a 24 inch monitor.

I have no clue to whether their IT staff is just this incompetent, or if their management is just this callous, but regardless - a business that treats their customers with repeated changes for the worse is not going to survive much longer...
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2018, 09:34 PM   #242
098poi

This is the screen I use. I love it. It feels active. I can see the odds, exactas, will pays, everything. If I want another track boom just click. Those other interfaces make me feel disconnected from the track and the races. i hope they don't lose this.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TS.JPG (188.7 KB, 41 views)
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2018, 10:49 PM   #243
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

If I use that page, I have to set the size so small to get it to fit the screen that I can't read any of the text.

TS TV is out because I will not use FLash player.

Classic is my choice - it barely fits the screen now.

What I am trying to figure out is, what was wrong with the old website? Everything was there, it all fit......there was a homepage with links to all the various sections of the site.

btw, the new BRIS site STILL sucks.

And while we are at it, the NYRA site, what is that hat stupid banner along the bottom third or so of the screen? IT serve no purpose and you can't get of it. Why is it there?

It just throws the proportions of everything else off.
Why waste 30% of your screen size for bulshit stuff?
Old 12-13-2018, 12:15 AM   #244
KyRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
If I use that page, I have to set the size so small to get it to fit the screen that I can't read any of the text.

TS TV is out because I will not use FLash player.

Classic is my choice - it barely fits the screen now.
Hi Tom,

I like and use TwinSpires TV. I will be very sad and mad if they drop it later. You can set your browser to run flash only on that site. Never had any security problems that way. I also have the Classic site running at the same time. I don't mind them adding the new stuff as long as they don't get rid of the old ones and make it easy to get to them.
Old 12-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #245
JohnGalt1

All I want from an ADW is a teller or SAM in my room to make quick and easy bets.

My data I get from the pp's that I download to the pp generator.

Twin Spires Classic is easy for me to use.

I'm 64 and just bought my first cell phone in 2017.
Comcast/Xfinty had a deal where I paid $175 for the phone and got a $150 debit card. If I make only phone call or text messages I only pay $2.50 a month for the taxes. So I'm also cheap.

Technology is useful to me as long as it's not too technological.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-13-2018, 11:17 AM   #246
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 View Post
All I want from an ADW is a teller or SAM in my room to make quick and easy bets.

My data I get from the pp's that I download to the pp generator.

Twin Spires Classic is easy for me to use.

I'm 64 and just bought my first cell phone in 2017.
Comcast/Xfinty had a deal where I paid $175 for the phone and got a $150 debit card. If I make only phone call or text messages I only pay $2.50 a month for the taxes. So I'm also cheap.

Question: who was the first one you called?
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 02:16 PM   #247
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Question: who was the first one you called?
My brother.

Still haven't texted anyone yet.

When my power went out this summer, knocking out the power to my land line due to underground line problem, my cell phone came in handy.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #248
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The trouble with technology is that idiots use ti fix things that are not broken.

New and different are not always better.
Most times, it is worse.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #249
Hosshead
It's A Photo-Ying & Yang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG View Post
Mike, As I stated earlier:

1) Sign into the crappy site first.

2) After you are signed in, then go directly to one of the 2 links.

3)As I stated, it is a workaround. You will have to do this each time you sign in.
Thanks a bunch Jim.
All I get also is "remember your username". And I have been with them since "YouBet".
Your link Works !!
I would NEVER bet with TS again unless I can get the express look. Something they better fix FAST !
Since you can't go directly there until logging in etc.....
Is there an easier way than putting your link on MS Word and copying
before pasting?

With this much trouble, I can see a withdrawal and ExpressBet on the horizon.
Looks like TwinSpires doesn't really care anyway.

And someone mentioned the race replays.
When I finally found the page, there was ONE little Word in the paragraph that linked to the replays.
Very Hidden.

I haven't posted here in a very long time, but this awful site change, (where my money is, soon WAS), has made me very angry.

_______

Last edited by Hosshead; 12-16-2018 at 09:09 AM.
Hosshead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2018, 04:33 PM   #250
KenP

I shouldn't complain since the last year has been a very quiet year for me wager wise, but I am not a fan of the new interface. It appears designed to make it easier to buy products and deposit money, rather than betting utility. When Twinspires acquired Youbet, I was relieved they kept most of the things I liked about Youbet. The TV page is also a nice wagering utility. I'm not sure what I will do if they totally eliminate the interfaces I like. AmWager is not available, TVG looks a little like the new Twinspires, and Expressbet had improved the last time I looked at it, but not enough to make me switch at the time. I'll adjust, but I don't have to be happy about it.
KenP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #251
molson721

TS perfect record continues

I grew up with high tech, took college courses on computers so I am not a "fossil" when it comes to technology. I HAVE NEVER seen a change that Twinspires has implemented over the last several years that was good for the customer. These new changes continue that trend. I guess the changes were to benefit mobile users but many of us still prefer wagering at home and not on a mobile device. Did Twinspires ask the customers if they had any problems with the way it was before December 10 when the changes were forced down our throat? NO! I was informed several months ago my opinions were valued because I was a VIP when I called about a problem I was having but I HAVE NEVER BEEN ASKED IF THEY THOUGHT I HAD ANY PROBLEMS OR WHAT THEY COULD DO TO IMPROVE THEIR SERVICE!

I also think they higher low priced, right out of college high tech people who HAVE NEVER WAGERED ON A RACE IN THEIR LIFE to make these "so called improvements"!!!! People are still dealing with being logged out and they still make excuses for that issue. Some jerks can say go to another service because of capitalism. I say, WHY CAN'T TWINSPIRES LISTEN TO THE CUSTOMERS INSTEAD OF SHOVING GARBAGE DOWN OUR THROATS!

Having said that, I wager less and Twinspires might be the reason why I might give up on this game forever. I am too young, BASED ON THE DEMOGRAPHICS OF HORSE PLAYERS, to want to deal with this shit treatment by all ADW's and race tracks. I enjoy playing the races but the companies that are involved in racinos(which Churchill is) would rather destroy racing by treating the fan base like garbage. I guess they assume we will be happy playing the mindless slot machines they own. Kind of like what Churchill is doing with Calder!!! Am I wrong?

As far as what the capitalism guys likes to point out, I am not happy with the product so I refuse to wager on any Churchill property! Join me in not playing the Fairgrounds this winter. Gulfstream is a superior product (even if the post times are delayed)compared to the many cheap Louisiana bred races they run their. Fairgrounds is a twinpsires property so don't support them until they start listening to their ADW customers!

If you find an ADW that you think is better, please let us know and why you think they are better than Twinspires. Despite what somebody says, I don't think anybody at Twinspires monitors these message boards. I don't think listening to the racing fans is of any importance the corporation of Churchill Downs, stock symbol CHDN!
molson721 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-17-2018, 08:29 PM   #252
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721 View Post
If you find an ADW that you think is better, please let us know and why you think they are better than Twinspires. Despite what somebody says, I don't think anybody at Twinspires monitors these message boards. I don't think listening to the racing fans is of any importance the corporation of Churchill Downs, stock symbol CHDN!
I read your post and was with you until this last paragraph....

Who is "us" in the bolded comment above?

Why would you list the stock symbol, you want people to sell since you dislike Churchill?...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2018, 04:11 PM   #253
JayTris07

New Twinspires SUCKS. I've been with them for a long time and hate this. Nothing was wrong with the old Twinspires. This new Twinspires is so confusing. I will not be doing business there anymore. Guess they don't live by the old addage that If it's not broken then don't fix it.
JayTris07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #254
KenP

FWIW Customer Support at Twinspires told me they have gotten thousands of complaints, and this particular rep was hopeful of something being worked out after the first of the year.
KenP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-20-2018, 04:43 PM   #255
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP View Post
FWIW Customer Support at Twinspires told me they have gotten thousands of complaints, and this particular rep was hopeful of something being worked out after the first of the year.
1000's of complaints.....

So who was the freaking idiot (S) that liked and approved the changes!!!!
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: