Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Regardless, I don't have a problem with any elected or public officials being hung out to dry after substantiated accusations of sexual misconduct.
When were they substantiated against Moore?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:38 PM   #17
FantasticDan
gelding

And here come the dregs, after the mere mention of Moore
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:40 PM   #18
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
And here come the dregs, after the mere mention of Moore
Asking a question about when you believe charges are substantiated makes me a dreg? If you noticed I have not posted any defense of Moore.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #19
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Now we have just as much of a case against Franken as we do against Moore.
Obviously m he must step down.

Right Danny?
I honestly hope he doesn't resign. He's going to be off cameras for quite a while, and when he does return he'll always be The Creepy Senator That Harrasses Women

He's been politically castrated. No more of those soapbox speeches he's been known for. When people look at him they'll see a creep that stalked the woman he had a disagreement with on Bill Maher;s show, and a creep that handled up on Tweeden's breasts while she was sleeping. Not to mention forcing a kiss on her against her demand to stop

He's toast. Keep him in the Senate with that "D" proudly viewed
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #20
FantasticDan
gelding

Franken has already REQUESTED a Senate ethics investigation into his behavior. He's not running from anything and will face the music..
Old 11-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #21
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Franken has already REQUESTED a Senate ethics investigation into his behavior. He's not running from anything and will face the music..

Do you think he had any real choice in the matter? Is this voluntary act upon his part an admission of guilt?
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #22
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Expel from the Senate!!
Old 11-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #23
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Expel from the Senate!!
a dem would just take his spot. Someone with a fresh face, no baggage like Creepy Al

It's MN. I love the place, my dad was raised in the Twin Cities and I have a lot of family I visit up there. Franken beat a repub for the seat, the Repub was handed that seat on a silver platter. Not going into detail, it;s there for an easy research...It's a Dem heavy state, best to have a nutless D senator represent them.

Last edited by ElKabong; 11-16-2017 at 04:04 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 04:10 PM   #24
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
a dem would just take his spot. Someone with a fresh face, no baggage like Creepy Al

It's MN. I love the place, my dad was raised in the Twin Cities and I have a lot of family I visit up there. Franken beat a repub for the seat, the Repub was handed that seat on a silver platter. Not going into detail, it;s there for an easy research...It's a Dem heavy state, best to have a nutless D senator represent them.
Who says that anyone, liberal or conservative in office right now could pass muster when it comes to being free of inappropriate behavior accusations. They should all submit their resignations and the government should start from scratch.

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 11-16-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 04:16 PM   #25
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
When you read Melanie Morgan's account of Franken's stalking behavior, it's troubling. The guy is in need of help, doesn't belong in the Senate. When a woman says Bug Off Creep, you don't get her home phone number and call multiple times. This has effectively ended his career as a Senator even if he keeps his chair

Snippage>>>>>By the third phone call I was outraged and terrified, as he is really disturbed,” Morgan recounted.

Morgan said Franken finally left her alone, but only after she pushed back and threatened “to call the police and make a report that he was harassing me.”
To this day, she says she is haunted by it: “I never forgot that experience and it informed me of his lack of character and obsessive personality. I believe every word Leann wrote.”

With many calling on Republican Alabama U.S. Senate candidate Judge Roy Moore to step aside following claims of sexual misconduct from decades ago, will Franken be asked to resign as senator?

“I will happily testify before the Senate Ethics Committee, should a hearing be held regarding Franken’s behavior,” Morgan added.
If you just read the headlines here you are left with the impression that Franken sexually harassed Morgan. Reading the headlines is all most Trump/Moore supporters do.

If you read the story, you find that Franken and Morgan appeared together on Bill Maher's Politically Incorrect program. Franken challenged some phony budget numbers that Morgan used. After the program, Franken tried to continue the discussion. Morgan, like all conservatives caught in a lie, refused.

I can understand Franken's frustration at having all the facts on his side and having them ignored by conservatives-believe me, it happens to me all the time here-but he should have just let it go. And of course we only have her word for the tenor of the conversations after the show.

But the main point is that it was not sexual by any definition of that term. It was a political disagreement,
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
First off, there are no "vocal libs" on this forum. And I posted 3 or 4 times in the Moore thread, usually links to articles. Meanwhile you have page after page of the usual alt-right dregs defending him..

That picture of Franken with Tweedon is the height of sophomoric stupidity, which Franken admits to. But the picture was taken by the trip's official photographer and shared with Tweedon at the time, so that supports his claim that it was meant as a "joke".

Regardless, I don't have a problem with any elected or public officials being hung out to dry after substantiated accusations of sexual misconduct.
Do we actually know that the picture was shared with Tweedon at the time? She claims she only saw it much later when she was going through a CD she had been given. Or, by shared do you mean that she was given the CD at that time, but may not have looked at it until later?

As to the picture itself, Franken's left hand is clearly above Tweedon's breast. It is unclear whether his right hand is touching or not.

It would not surprise me in the least if Tweedon was in on the gag from the start and only later had second thoughts.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:25 PM   #27
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post

It would not surprise me in the least if Tweedon was in on the gag from the start and only later had second thoughts.
It would not surprise me if the photographer was not there we could be looking at a rape charges.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #28
Clocker

Franken claimed that he welcomed an ethics investigation after Senate leaders, including top Democrats Chuck Schumer, Patty Murray, and Dick Durbin, called for one. Dems trying to take the high ground, all the better to attack Moore?

Quote:
Mitch McConnell’s call for an ethics investigation into Franken is one thing. But, for top Senate Democrats to also make that call is another thing entirely. Franken himself, realizing the gravity of the situation, said in a longer statement that he welcomed the investigation.

At the top of the list of Democrats making statements about Franken is Chuck Schumer, who earlier today had to cancel a press conference seemingly because of the scandal.
https://www.redstate.com/joesquire/2...on-al-franken/
Old 11-16-2017, 05:40 PM   #29
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Do we actually know that the picture was shared with Tweedon at the time? She claims she only saw it much later when she was going through a CD she had been given. Or, by shared do you mean that she was given the CD at that time, but may not have looked at it until later?
Tweeden said that when the group arrived back in the US, she was given a CD of pictures from the trip, and she saw it then.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #30
Clocker

Quote:
Contrary to what Tweedon, who was there by the way, says happened? Did she later have second thoughts about the tongue assault too?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: