Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 11-16-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Friday, November 17

Race One:

One-mile route, 35k claimer, n3L.

DEVINE DENTAL looks the best in the opener. This Silver Train-bred bay gelding has the services of the “caliente como un petardo,” Senor Manuel Franco. The Puerto Rican-born Franco had three winners on yesterday’s Aqueduct card. It’s hard to believe that Franco is still in his early 20s; he rides like a veteran jockey. This gelding’s trainer is the Hershey, PA native, Jeremiah Englehart. Englehart does exceptionally well with horses that are entered both in claiming races and are making dirt starts. This Old Trieste-bred was 3rd in his last in the same company at Belmont at little less than one month ago. Look for this Disco Rico-bred 3-year old to be out and going when the gates unlatch. It will then be up to Franco to ration out this gelding’s speed. If all goes well, it’ll be picture-taking time in Aqueduct’s winner’s circle. Others: , ,

Race Two:

One mile and 1/8th MSW

BIBLICAL was severely steadied in that first furlong down the backstretch at Belmont in an MSW against better on a sealed good track in late September. In that one, Johnny V. had to throw on the brakes to avoid being severely broadsided by the #8 horse to his immediate outside. That incident all but ended this Tapit (Pulpit)-bred grey’s chances of gracing the winner’s circle. In fact, this Catienus-bred showed good energy to gain 3rd in a race that was won by Avery Island. Anything resembling a cleaner trip and this highly-priced (800k) Storm Dixie-bred 2-year old colt is heading for Aqueduct's winner’s circle. The Texan, Todd Pletcher (he’s having an excellent meet), is this colt’s conditioner. The Hall-of-Famer, John Velazquez, reprises the ride. Others: /, ,

Race Three:

An 11-panels OC turf route:

ST. LOUIE won his last against allowance company at Keeneland about six weeks ago. I personally like the Panamanian, Luis Saez, on the green: Saez on the Ces(ped). This Arch (Kris S.)-bred is capable of being on or near the lead. This Seeking the Gold-bred 5-year old gelding has the endurance to prevail at eleven panels. Mike Maker, the gelding’s conditioner, does well with horses who won their last race. This gelding has hit the board in over half his turf tries. Others: , /,

Race Four:

50k MC at one-mile on the main.
Yes, it’s Pick-6 time. The one-day carryover: 20k.

OUTVOTED was 3rd at 6 and ½ panels in this company on a sloppy track at Belmont in early October. This 2-year old Curlin-bred chestnut colt now stretches out one and one-half panels on what looks to be a fast Aqueduct main. The Repole Stables (Mike “Run to Grand Ave.” Repole) owns this Ella Belle-bred colt. The aforementioned broodmare, a stakes winner, had 4 winners from five starters. “The Big D’s” Todd Pletcher trains this Elnadim-bred. Luis Saez is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Five: MSW, state-bred, turf route

POCKET PLAYER is my longshot pick in this MSW state-bred turf route. This Afleet Alex-bred bay gelding wants to go longer; he now gets his wish. Frankly, I’m not sure that every horse in this field can get the 8.5 panels. I do believe this Northern Afleet-bred can. I should also mention that I like Luis Saez on the turf; he has a knack of winning these kinds of races. Tom Bush, this 3-year old’s trainer, doesn’t have many entrants; yet he’s certainly most capable. Others: , ,

Race Six:

7-panels on the main, 16k, n2L.

MR. EURO has been racing on the turf with little success. This 4-year old chestnut gelding now switches to the main. Today’s change of surface may do wonders. This gelding has beaten better on the main. This gelding’s conditioner, Steve Asmussen, does very well when entering horses dropping 2+ levels. Asmussen also does well with horses entered in claiming races. Nik Juarez is in the irons. Others: , ,

Race Seven:

A 25k claiming route, one-mile on the turf.

RECKLESS HUMOR is my longshot try. I must admit I like Jose Lezcano in turf races. Lezcano has the knack of making the right move at the right time. I would throw out this mare’s last race as she was caught up in an early speed duel and was finished by the time the field reached the top of the stretch. Careful handling would do wonders for this mare’s chances. This 5-year old’s trainer, Rudy Rodriguez (he’s having an excellent “Big A” meet) does well with horses making their second start off a layoff. Others: , ,

Race Eight:

A 6-furlongs state-bred turf allowance race, n1x.

HANNAH’S SMILE won her last against allowance company a little over one month ago. This 3-year old Sadler’s Wells-bred filly once again draws an advantageous outside post. There enough early speed in this sprint for a closer to pick up the pieces in the final furlong. Eric Cancel – he’s been picking things up, lately -- reprises the ride for trainer Michelle Nevin. Nevin is quietly having a solid Aqueduct meet. Nevin does particularly well with horses entered in allowance races; she also does well with sprints. Others: , , , A.E.

Race Nine:

Six Furlongs state-bred 25k MC.

UNSPOKEN MISSION has two MSW turfs races under her belt, yet with little success. Well, this Mission Impazible-bred bay filly now switches to main against what I would label as a non-descript field. This Unbridled’s Song-bred is the “new face”. Just what I’m looking for. I believe this 3-year old grey filly is capable of handling the footing on the main. This Catienus-bred’s trainer, John Kimmel, does reasonably well with horses that are going from MSWs to MCs. Yes, this filly hasn’t raced in more than a month and a-half; that’s concerning. However, at her best, I believe she can prevail. “Double-A,” Angel Arroyo, is this filly’s pilot. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #2
Teach

Good morning from windy Eastern Massachusetts. Two big days ahead of us next week, one, familial; the other, commercial: Thanksgiving and Black Friday. As they say "in the hood,” wouldn’t it be nice to make a little lucci. You know: “lettuce,” “dough,” “cabbage,” etc.

As I look back a couple a days to this past Wednesday, I then included in my Pick-6 selections, all but the 3, Helooksthepart, in the 5th. Javier came “from out of the clouds” to get up in time. One of my choices, the 5, Tiznoble, finished 2nd. Oh, well. I was still surprised that the Pick-6 paid only $2,300 for $2. The last I saw, the pool was approaching 900k. I have to assume that dozens and dozens of people hit it.

Further, I was also surprised that the late .50 Pick-4 paid just $38.75. If I may shamelessly say so, I picked 6 Honor Up and 5 Audible in the 6th. Audible won. My top picks were then: 6 Portfolio Manager in the 7th; 6 Broken Engagement in the 8th, and 5 Subic Bay in the 9th (the 13, an AE, Ormulu Lu was scratched).

Let’s take a closer look at today’s 20k carryover (I’m sure before all is said done we’ll easily go into six figures).

Race Four: I’m focusing on three horses: , , . I know some of the prognosticators have given a lot of credence to the 5 Hoard. And yes, he’s dropping and adding blinkers and Lasix, yet I question this gelding's stamina. Today’s route is no exception.

Race Five: I’m still going with the M/L longshot the ; yet I’m using and as “insurance”.

Race Six: and are my two picks in this race.

Race Seven: I’m going with the longshot, the ; but I’m including the as “a saver”.

Race Eight: I’m “singling” the .

Race Nine: I’m “singling” the .

My conditioned Pick-6 ticket:

R4: , ,
R5: , ,
R6: ,
R7: ,
R8:
R9:

As always, good luck!

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
jay68802

Good pick with the in the 7th.

jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply