Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-12-2022, 12:35 PM   #1
boxcar

Red State "Voter Supression" Laws Result in Big Turnouts

After 5 Red States Passed ‘Voter Suppression’ Bills, Voting Turnout Boomed

A left-leaning New York think tank sounded a familiar warning about Arizona’s “voter suppression bills” being “dangerously close to becoming law.”

The Brennan Center for Justice added in a press release that Arizona was “taking center stage in the relent*less effort to rein in voter parti*cip*a*tion in the name of ‘elec*tion secur*ity.’” Pending bills, the think tank claimed, were “aimed at making voting by mail harder.”

That was in April 2021, before Arizona passed several reform measures that state legislators said they crafted to ensure secure and honest elections.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/09/...ction-reforms/

A little later I will expose the utter duplicity of the Left when they complain about states desiring to make elections "secure and honest". What leftists do is sidestep this real reason for crafting tighter laws by framing the narrative that the Right wants to suppress voter turnout. The Left also downplays voter or election fraud by claiming that such activity is very rare, [b]clearly implying that despite politics being a hot button issue, voters, election officials, vote counters, etc., nonetheless, are HONEST as the day is long for the most part.

We'll get into all this more later.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:13 PM   #2
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
After 5 Red States Passed ‘Voter Suppression’ Bills, Voting Turnout Boomed

A left-leaning New York think tank sounded a familiar warning about Arizona’s “voter suppression bills” being “dangerously close to becoming law.”

The Brennan Center for Justice added in a press release that Arizona was “taking center stage in the relent*less effort to rein in voter parti*cip*a*tion in the name of ‘elec*tion secur*ity.’” Pending bills, the think tank claimed, were “aimed at making voting by mail harder.”

That was in April 2021, before Arizona passed several reform measures that state legislators said they crafted to ensure secure and honest elections.

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/09/...ction-reforms/

A little later I will expose the utter duplicity of the Left when they complain about states desiring to make elections "secure and honest". What leftists do is sidestep this real reason for crafting tighter laws by framing the narrative that the Right wants to suppress voter turnout. The Left also downplays voter or election fraud by claiming that such activity is very rare, [b]clearly implying that despite politics being a hot button issue, voters, election officials, vote counters, etc., nonetheless, are HONEST as the day is long for the most part.

We'll get into all this more later.
I can hardly freakin wait.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:27 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I can hardly freakin wait.
I bet you can't, especially since I'll be in extra rare form just for you.
Old 09-12-2022, 03:35 PM   #4
Inner Dirt

Making it harder to vote by mail will definitely suppress votes. It will suppress the votes of people that should not be voting. Just another worthless BS Democrat talking point. Also has anyone noticed most all long lines at polls are in areas run by Democrats? Since I moved away from home, I counted that I lived in 20 or so different places. I have always voted even in special elections. I never recall waiting in much of a line, ever. Democrats like to make up problems that don't exist and then spend time and taxpayer's money fighting those imaginary problems.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2022, 04:23 PM   #5
boxcar

Okay...I'm back and I have two questions for any and all liberals, dimwits, rinos and other people of their ilk: First, what percentage of voters are taxpayers? Now...at first blush, this might seem like a strange question in this kind of thread. But I assure you it isn't! It's a serious question and the rationale behind it is solid. If you think, as I do, that the vast majority of voters are taxpayers, then we can stand together on a point of agreement. However... I have no doubt that we would soon part company over your answer to the next question:

Since liberals believe that virtually all voters are as honest as the day is long, then why are 80k+ IRS agents (many of whom will likely be armed to boot) being hired to go after and audit these honest voting taxpayers? How can we have so many honest voters who at the same time are presumed to be dishonest taxpayers bilking the government out of its "fair share" of the pie? So dishonest, in fact, are these patriotic, voting taxpayers that the IRS needs to beef up its force to enforce taxpayer honesty?

Maybe some giant intellect, like our beloved Mosty for example, can explain this cognitive dissonance to us.
Old 09-12-2022, 08:54 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Making it harder to vote by mail will definitely suppress votes. It will suppress the votes of people that should not be voting. Just another worthless BS Democrat talking point. Also has anyone noticed most all long lines at polls are in areas run by Democrats? Since I moved away from home, I counted that I lived in 20 or so different places. I have always voted even in special elections. I never recall waiting in much of a line, ever. Democrats like to make up problems that don't exist and then spend time and taxpayer's money fighting those imaginary problems.
Most long lines are in areas run by Democrats, IN STATES RUN BY REPUBLICANS. Republican state legislatures pass laws limiting the number of polling places in those areas. In inner city Atlanta you might have one polling place for 20,000 voters. In rural Georgia you might have three for 1,000 voters. That’s why you have long lines in the inner city.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:13 PM   #7
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Okay...I'm back and I have two questions for any and all liberals, dimwits, rinos and other people of their ilk: First, what percentage of voters are taxpayers? Now...at first blush, this might seem like a strange question in this kind of thread. But I assure you it isn't! It's a serious question and the rationale behind it is solid. If you think, as I do, that the vast majority of voters are taxpayers, then we can stand together on a point of agreement. However... I have no doubt that we would soon part company over your answer to the next question:

Since liberals believe that virtually all voters are as honest as the day is long, then why are 80k+ IRS agents (many of whom will likely be armed to boot) being hired to go after and audit these honest voting taxpayers? How can we have so many honest voters who at the same time are presumed to be dishonest taxpayers bilking the government out of its "fair share" of the pie? So dishonest, in fact, are these patriotic, voting taxpayers that the IRS needs to beef up its force to enforce taxpayer honesty?

Maybe some giant intellect, like our beloved Mosty for example, can explain this cognitive dissonance to us.
Hey, glad to help you out. There are so many flaws in your argument. The first is that those 80,000 IRS agents are not going after your average tax payer. They are looking at your corporations, your millionaires, your billionaires. They would have to audit a thousand or more ordinary tax payers to get a fraction of the reward for auditing a major corporation. The IRS has said audits of people making less than $400,000 a year will not increase.

Second is your assumption that a person who would cheat on his taxes, would also cheat at the polls. That ignores the fact that cheating on your taxes has an immediate financial impact. For the average American cheating at the polls does not.

It also ignores the fact that election fraud is minimal, voter fraud is almost nonexistent, while tax fraud and evasion is rampant. When you add in honest mistakes, mathematical errors, in misunderstandings, the amount of money recovered by enhanced collections is immense.

There is one reason and one reason only that MAGA Republicans are so opposed to these additional IRS agents. They know those agents are going to be lazer focused on the top 10-20 percent.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:15 PM   #8
TJDave

Quote:
Most long lines are in areas run by Democrats, IN STATES RUN BY REPUBLICANS. Republican state legislatures pass laws limiting the number of polling places in those areas. In inner city Atlanta you might have one polling place for 20,000 voters. In rural Georgia you might have three for 1,000 voters. That’s why you have long lines in the inner city.
If citizens consider it important enough they will bear any burden in casting their vote.

Considering those who gave all…a small price to pay.
Old 09-12-2022, 09:29 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
If citizens consider it important enough they will bear any burden in casting their vote.

Considering those who gave all…a small price to pay.
Those who gave all, did so that all eligible people could vote. Making those people wait in long lines, or get special ID, or sign affidavits or any form of intimidation is an insult to anyone who died for our freedoms.
Old 09-13-2022, 12:20 AM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Those who gave all, did so that all eligible people could vote. Making those people wait in long lines, or get special ID, or sign affidavits or any form of intimidation is an insult to anyone who died for our freedoms.

More of your liberal BS. Creating a problem that does not exist. You aren't doing a damn thing in this country without identification.
Old 09-13-2022, 01:37 AM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Special ID?

You need ID for EVERYTHING these days. The fact you don't think people should have to show ID for voting proves how insane your ideology has become.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:16 AM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:

http://https://www.npr.org/2020/10/1...few-polling-pl

This is from left leaning NPR. It says once again you are either lying or making stuff up. Atlanta is mostly in Fulton County, that number is registered voters.
Voters per polling place are in the low 3,000s there and in DeKalb, not 20,000.
It also says in the article a lot of polling places were open weeks in advance for early voting but the residents were confused on when they could vote and did not take advantage of the opportunity. Whose fault is that? Let me guess, since Democrats think black people can't get I.D. , they also figure they are incapable of using something called the internet to research when and where to vote? If they don't have internet at home the libraries all have internet to use for free. Once again this falls on the local leaders for not educating voters, and of course they are Democrats, but go ahead and blame who sits in the governor's office.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:26 AM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Special ID?

You need ID for EVERYTHING these days. The fact you don't think people should have to show ID for voting proves how insane your ideology has become.

I want to hear more about this special I.D. It isn't that extremely difficult to obtain state I.D. you can get at a DMV, they will even give for free if you are low income, is it? Most places like Virginia where I.D. is required to vote they will accept anything with your picture and address on it, even a drivers license that long since expired. I suppose that is very difficult to have if you are one of the oppressed that Democrats claim are utterly helpless performing tasks the rest of us find simple.
Old 09-13-2022, 09:31 AM   #14
boxcar

Quote:
Hey, glad to help you out. There are so many flaws in your argument. The first is that those 80,000 IRS agents are not going after your average tax payer. They are looking at your corporations, your millionaires, your billionaires. They would have to audit a thousand or more ordinary tax payers to get a fraction of the reward for auditing a major corporation. The IRS has said audits of people making less than $400,000 a year will not increase.
No, they're targeting small businesses. Big Corporations employ or contract with CPAs and tax lawyers to handle the IRS.

Quote:
Second is your assumption that a person who would cheat on his taxes, would also cheat at the polls. That ignores the fact that cheating on your taxes has an immediate financial impact. For the average American cheating at the polls does not.
No, my assumption is a biblical one: "All men are liars (cheats). Many times people will do whatever it takes to get the desired results they want. This is especially true in politics because this is also a very emotional issue. Since the entire world operates on this universal assumption that all unknown people to us are untrustworthy until they can prove otherwise then it is eminently reasonable that we take all the necessary precautions to ensure that elections are conducted securely, fairly and honestly so that the integrity of all legitimate and legal votes is fully protected.

Quote:
It also ignores the fact that election fraud is minimal, voter fraud is almost nonexistent, while tax fraud and evasion is rampant. When you add in honest mistakes, mathematical errors, in misunderstandings, the amount of money recovered by enhanced collections is immense.
So then by your own admission the Marxist income tax system is grossly inefficient, overly cumbersome and hopelessly complicated. When you take into considerations "honest mistakes, mathematical errors, misunderstandings" and tax cheats, the only reasonable solution is to streamline the tax system by changing it from an income system to a consumer-based system. The IRS would no longer be needed; for everyone would pay their taxes every time they make a purchase.

Quote:
There is one reason and one reason only that MAGA Republicans are so opposed to these additional IRS agents. They know those agents are going to be lazer focused on the top 10-20 percent.
We're opposed to the new law because it would largely target middle income and small business people. Big Gov would love to pander to its partner-in-crime Big Biz by putting the little people out of business. I mean look what the government did for Big Pharm during the covid plandemic: Lined their pockets with untold billions of dollars when people could have been treated far more effectively, safely and cheaper with Ivermectin to name one off-label drug. But no one could get rich off of a generic drug like Ivermectin, right?
Old 09-13-2022, 09:33 AM   #15
boxcar

Quote:
Do you have a "special I.D."to drive to the grocery store and back?