Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-06-2022, 05:26 PM   #16
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
Regarding Gary's Tweet:

What if the CHRB wasn't involved until just recently?

What if Miller had been told by Santa Anita he was going to "house ruled" off and rather than risk a damaging press release coming out he decides to say he's leaving of his own volition? It's happened before around the Country.

The CHRB would have no reason to investigate someone who had chosen to walk away for a sabbatical.

Now with his announced intention to return at CD and soon at Los Al and Del Mar. The board looks closer to make sure Miller's affairs are in order. Discover's they are not. Calls for a formal hearing and issues sanctions.

If they are going to bang him for program training. Why would they wait if they had evidence? Unless the misdeeds just began on a larger scale?

While I have NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, it seems reasonable Miller began taking an expanded role in day to day operations making it less and less obvious he was sitting out.

The Board acting on info, there are NO secrets at the track, conducted an investigation and issued penalties.

Andy: I know a lot of people knock the CHRB and I agree they've made mistakes.

However, you'll never get me to believe it's corrupt. I have faith in the executive staff, board members and Stewards.

We all know it's thankless to try to regulate a crazy State like Ca. IMO, though some positive strides have been made and we should give them the benefit of the doubt in the coming months. To see if things we're on a better course.

I personally think there's a chance.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:54 AM   #17
lex

Is the CHRB allowed to tell the public what happened? The lack of transparency is the problem here. And if Santa Anita quietly sent him packing for a good reason are there any consequences to them for not making it public? I assume no.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2022, 10:16 AM   #18
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Is the CHRB allowed to tell the public what happened? The lack of transparency is the problem here. And if Santa Anita quietly sent him packing for a good reason are there any consequences to them for not making it public? I assume no.
Again, I have no firsthand knowledge.

However it seems to me. Santa Anita was set to rule him off. They don't need approval of the CHRB to do that. Private Property & House Rules.

Rather than fighting the ban. Like Jerry Hollendorfer still is. Miller decided to "step away" from day to day training and become a consultant/advisor.

If that's the way it played out. There was no need for the CHRB to say anything.
Old 06-07-2022, 10:50 AM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
Regarding Gary's Tweet:

What if the CHRB wasn't involved until just recently?

What if Miller had been told by Santa Anita he was going to "house ruled" off and rather than risk a damaging press release coming out he decides to say he's leaving of his own volition? It's happened before around the Country.

The CHRB would have no reason to investigate someone who had chosen to walk away for a sabbatical.
I don't know if this happened or not, but if it did, that is exactly the kind of bullshit that needs to go away in this sport. All this behind closed doors stuff stinks.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 01:45 AM   #20
GMB@BP

This guy has been underperforming all meet at Del Mar, no magical performances off layoff, trainer switches. 13% win at 1.33 roi versus 23% and 2.1 roi at Del Mar the 4 years before.

Maybe he is laying low for a while...maybe he will go the Mullins route.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2022, 01:35 PM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
This guy has been underperforming all meet at Del Mar, no magical performances off layoff, trainer switches. 13% win at 1.33 roi versus 23% and 2.1 roi at Del Mar the 4 years before.

Maybe he is laying low for a while...maybe he will go the Mullins route.
And yet bettors are never told what happened. Sharp ones, of course, can take advantage.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 08:09 PM   #22
Al Gobbi

$3k fine handed out by Los Alamitos TB stewards last Sunday for a medication violation
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-22-2022, 10:51 PM   #23
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
$3k fine handed out by Los Alamitos TB stewards last Sunday for a medication violation
yea, and he heated up right after I had made the post.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-23-2022, 08:03 AM   #24
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi View Post
That’ll show em
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: