Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-15-2020, 05:38 PM   #16
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
I've been boycotting Churchill for over ten years now, not even betting the derby day card. But with the garbage tracks that the industry's been rolling out the past month, Remington, Fonner (sorry Tom, but I've never seem Monomoy Girl run there), this weekend's CD card looks like Breeders Cup weekend(only compared to those tracks, I'm not saying the weekend card is great). I can't hold out any longer.

Who cares if TVG isn't televising it. You don't see the same NFL game on two channels, do you?
Hey, watch it now. Remington is a pretty nice track! I'm going to guess you meant Will Rogers. Remington is running quarters right now.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 05:55 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I like Remington Park.

Mon Gal might be racing tomorrow, but seriously, I could not care less. What will she be, 1-9?

Give me a time restricted nickel claimer any day, over most all Grade 1 stakes. I like trainers and riders who NEED to win a purse to eat - gets them out of the gate a lot better and sustains the stretch drive.
Old 05-15-2020, 08:36 PM   #18
TMQ
Longacres transplant

Quote:
I've been boycotting Churchill for over ten years now, not even betting the derby day card. But with the garbage tracks that the industry's been rolling out the past month, Remington, Fonner (sorry Tom, but I've never seem Monomoy Girl run there), this weekend's CD card looks like Breeders Cup weekend(only compared to those tracks, I'm not saying the weekend card is great). I can't hold out any longer.

Who cares if TVG isn't televising it. You don't see the same NFL game on two channels, do you?
Actually yes there are numerous NFL games on 2 channels at once.......
TMQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2020, 11:20 PM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
Actually yes there are numerous NFL games on 2 channels at once.......
He said the same game. Occasionally you'll get it on network tv and the NFL Network on a Thursday night, but the vast majority of NFL games are on only one channel.
Old 05-15-2020, 11:44 PM   #20
Bennie

Unless you live in the NY metro area. You can usually find the Jets and Giants on 2 and 5 and also on their own network station. Not a fan of either.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 02:15 PM   #21
metro

Churchill is basically doing to TVG what TVG does to tracks like Fonner and Will Rogers Downs. Just comes down to who holds the cards.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 04:57 PM   #22
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I like Remington Park.

Mon Gal might be racing tomorrow, but seriously, I could not care less. What will she be, 1-9?

Give me a time restricted nickel claimer any day, over most all Grade 1 stakes. I like trainers and riders who NEED to win a purse to eat - gets them out of the gate a lot better and sustains the stretch drive.
I've been living that for 15 years now. Give me competitive fields of N2Ls all day long and I'm the happiest punter you'll find.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 05:48 PM   #23
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post

I've been living that for 15 years now. Give me competitive fields of N2Ls all day long and I'm the happiest punter you'll find.
I need shippers or it gets really boring.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 05:56 PM   #24
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

TLG is alive in the late pick 4 with one race to go, the 11th race. With four selections: 3,5,6 & 15
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #25
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I've got no love lost for Churchill, but it isn't just them. Sport has practically the whole day in the spotlight, but we have to switch channels to watch different tracks constantly. Fox Sports has Churchill and TVG doesn't, but on the other hand TVG has Gulfstream and Santa Anita while Fox Sports does not.

Sport is so frustrating sometimes...
Old 05-16-2020, 06:38 PM   #26
Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I've got no love lost for Churchill, but it isn't just them. Sport has practically the whole day in the spotlight, but we have to switch channels to watch different tracks constantly. Fox Sports has Churchill and TVG doesn't, but on the other hand TVG has Gulfstream and Santa Anita while Fox Sports does not.

Totally agree CJ. Watched FS1 for a while then realised they didn't have Gulfstream. Back to TvG. It's ridiculous.
Zydeco is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 06:46 PM   #27
metro

Quote:
TLG is alive in the late pick 4 with one race to go, the 11th race. With four selections: 3,5,6 & 15
Brutal beat, winner pounded late, 22-1 at the gate, 12-1 at the wire. Lezcano's only mount for the weekend in Louisville. Somebody made their year on that one.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-16-2020, 06:57 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

TRN.....screw 'em all!
Old 05-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #29
Immortal6

My dad called and asked if I wanted to bet the late pick 4 today...told him I couldn’t, the product there today was just terrible imo. For all the flak Cali racing gets the fields have been full, competitive, and formful there to start the meet.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2020, 10:37 AM   #30
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post

It's not an ideal situation, but I think most serious players have more than one ADW account. It's not difficult to get the live video feed from all the tracks you are playing if you have multiple accounts. It used to bother me that I needed multiple accounts, but we've seen some big races day where one or another stopped functioning properly. So it seems like you need multiple accounts as a backup regardless of the live track feeds.

I guess it's more of a problem for less serious fans that we are trying to attract on TV.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: