Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 08-14-2019, 05:14 PM   #31
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Any word from Ed about what caused the error that needed "correcting"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill F View Post
Thank you for your efforts PTP.

Like Thaskalos, I'm also curious as to what needed correcting. Seems strange that an automated process that worked for years without apparent problems would suddenly start randomly throwing odd numbers.

I'm also skeptical that the "New Brisnet" will make things right. Hopefully they will prove me wrong in this case.
He did not expand on what the issue was...just acknowledged that there was an issue and it was being taken care of today. I think it's fair to say we're all a little skeptical. I was just glad that I actually received a swift response. That's good enough for me until I see more PP's.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2019, 05:48 PM   #32
Onion Monster

It has been a big problem for over a week and it ain't fixed yet.

Here are the Prime Power numbers for the runners in the Alabama

Dunbar Road 137.6
Lady Apple 142.2
Afleet Destiny 123.4
Champagne Anyone 117.5 ?????
Street Band 143.5
Ulele 140
Point of Honor 118.6 ??????
Off Topic 114.2 ??????
Kelsey's Cross 135.4

The problem seems to stem from how they compute their class figures since the speed ratings seem fine and many horses are missing a Current Class figure on the race summary sheet despite having recent form on the surface.
Old 08-14-2019, 06:38 PM   #33
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Monster View Post

Dunbar Road 137.6
Lady Apple 142.2
Afleet Destiny 123.4
Street Band 143.5
Ulele 140
Off Topic 114.2 ??????
Kelsey's Cross 135.4

The problem seems to stem from how they compute their class figures since the speed ratings seem fine and many horses are missing a Current Class figure on the race summary sheet despite having recent form on the surface.
I agree. I've seen multiple horses with high class numbers, high speed ratings, and high ACL numbers, only to look at Prime Power and they're near the bottom.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:21 PM   #34
Bill F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onion Monster View Post

Dunbar Road 137.6
Lady Apple 142.2
Afleet Destiny 123.4
Street Band 143.5
Ulele 140
Off Topic 114.2 ??????
Kelsey's Cross 135.4

Brisnet just uploaded the Alabama card (with Program #s) and Prime Power is still way out of whack.

I've attached what my program shows to be the Prime Power odds for the Alabama. (Normally when PP is working properly, the PL odds are close to the Morning Line)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sar-08-17-2019-r10.jpg (77.3 KB, 30 views)
Bill F is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2019, 05:13 PM   #35
PressThePace

Quote:
Brisnet just uploaded the Alabama card (with Program #s) and Prime Power is still way out of whack.

I've attached what my program shows to be the Prime Power odds for the Alabama. (Normally when PP is working properly, the PL odds are close to the Morning Line)
I'll forward this post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #36
PressThePace

Quote:

It might help if you contact them as well. The more, the better
Old 08-15-2019, 06:07 PM   #37
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

BRIS call-in show 6-7PM TONIGHT - HRRN
Old 08-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #38
Vinman

I've noticed very recently that some of the Saratoga Prime Power numbers are glaringly low. Used to be you could almost predict the PP numbers based on the horses' other data. I'm doing a lot of double takes. Not good.

Vinman
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2019, 05:37 PM   #39
Bill F

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
It might help if you contact them as well. The more, the better
I did call Brisnet this morning, and the pleasant receptionist said that the best person to speak to about this subject would be Ed DeRosa. She told me that Mr DeRosa was in today, but wasn't answering at the moment. She said that she'd have him call me back. Unfortunately, not today.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:43 PM   #40
PressThePace

Quote:
I did call Brisnet this morning, and the pleasant receptionist said that the best person to speak to about this subject would be Ed DeRosa. She told me that Mr DeRosa was in today, but wasn't answering at the moment. She said that she'd have him call me back. Unfortunately, not today.
Bill, he responds quickly to email. I first messaged him on Twitter and got a response within 5 minutes.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:30 PM   #41
Bill F

I corresponded with Ed DeROSA today. He was very prompt and cordial and he told me that a problem with Prime Power (not identified) was found and corrected for all Cards posted late Friday and going forward.

I compared the early release of Saratoga's Sunday Card (without Program Numbers) to the final posted Sunday Card and did see needed corrections. (See attached jpegs of Race 9).

Hopefully they have totally corrected the problem.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sar-08-18-2019-r09.jpg (56.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Sar-08-18-2019-r09(Corrected).jpg (57.5 KB, 20 views)
Old 08-18-2019, 02:06 PM   #42
PressThePace

Quote:
I corresponded with Ed DeROSA today. He was very prompt and cordial and he told me that a problem with Prime Power (not identified) was found and corrected for all Cards posted late Friday and going forward.

I compared the early release of Saratoga's Sunday Card (without Program Numbers) to the final posted Sunday Card and did see needed corrections. (See attached jpegs of Race 9).

Hopefully they have totally corrected the problem.
Thanks, Bill. i was pretty sure the changes would take a little time. I'm just glad its' fixed!!!
Old 08-18-2019, 03:45 PM   #43
Speed Figure
DJ M.Walk

I'm not really understanding what was off with the numbers?
Speed Figure is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2019, 02:03 PM   #44
EJXD2

corrected

Thank you very much to everyone who took the time to reach out to me personally to help us figure out this issue.

For those wondering, here is what happened:

The Prime Power issue was affected by runners with recent PRIOR starts (on/after June 1) whenever the prior start track had an all-weather main track.

So, the too-low Prime Power issue would appear for runners with a recent (again, on or after June 1) prior start run at a track with an all-weather surface. The issue was caused by recent database modifications (porting of temp tables) which caused some invalid relations with tracks that had an all-weather main track.

This Prime Power issue has been now resolved going forward. However, we have no means/process to recalculate the old, past Prime Power #’s. As a result of the invalid table relations, we also had problems with speed ratings for tracks (AP, WO, PID, CNL) which have an all-weather main track. Those problems have also been resolved going forward and the speed figures for those tracks have been recalculated.

Sorry for the trouble… all should be good now.
EJXD2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #45
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJXD2 View Post

The Prime Power issue was affected by runners with recent PRIOR starts (on/after June 1) whenever the prior start track had an all-weather main track.
Thanks for the info but I don't believe that covers it all. In the beginning of this thread, the OP brought to my attention a glaring PP error on "Super Silver" who ran at Sar 8/9/19 R2. The horse won as the favorite and in the race summary page was:

1st in average distance/surface,
1st in speed last race
1st in back speed
1st in current class
2nd in average class last 3
2nd in LP

But was rated 8th in pp

The horse was coming off a prior race on Turf @ CD on June 14 which has no AW anything.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply