Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:59 PM   #1921
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post

Germany is not afraid of Russian takeover of Europe.

The energy deal is simply an energy deal.
Are you really that naive? Let's fast forward to 2030. Russia is agitating on Poland's doorstep, only a stone's throw from Germany. Germany gets a third of its energy from Russia. How vehemently does Germany protest Russia's aggression? A little or a lot? You don't think Putin would coerce Germany by threatening to shut off the gas supply if they voted for Russian sanctions? You don't think Germany would speak against military action if it came to it? What Germany is doing is the very definition of being captured by another country. They will be dependent on the whims of a dictator.

I'm flabbergasted that with only two dots on the board that they couldn't be connected.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:14 PM   #1922
MargieRose

Quote:
More posts from people who don't read things...

Germany is not afraid of Russian takeover of Europe.

The energy deal is simply an energy deal. We've recently fought wars to defend the country that founded wahabism and later al Qaeda.

I'll post this here as its clear most of you will follow the idiot in chief regardless of how everything he does flies in the face of actual American global interest.

Europe’s Dependence on the U.S. Was All Part of the Plan

Can't wait for his meeting with his man crush... should provide more fun material.
Trump isn't the only reason NATO's future is uncertain:

Donald Trump is right to question NATO

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/768302002/

PS: The urge to counterpunch liberal snarkiness temporarily suppressed.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:25 PM   #1923
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
The photo that you posted, Snappit, was offensive; it wasn’t humorous to me and probably not to most here. Your retort above simply gave ink to the “thousand words” that the photo had already screamed out for you.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and I doubt that anyone here would ever want to put a muzzle on you, unlike many of the liberals in THIS free republic. Keep in mind; you are offended when your 92-year-old head of state is viciously slurred, most especially by outsiders. That kind of thing applies both ways.

Like it or not, Trump has a style that is generating positive results for the U.S.A., in many areas. I prefer actions to PC fluffy words that accomplish nothing of true worth, a la our last feckless president...but ah, “the devils voice is sweet to hear”! Yep, that’s what I think of him!!

Think about this: isn’t it great that Germany has made a billion-dollar oil deal with Russia; yet, wants NATO protection against the same potentially hostile aggressor, a protection that they’re dragging ass to pay for? Come on...‘pretty please’ is not on the table anymore...thank God!
I never said I was personally offended by the comments about our head of state. I can give or take the monarchy. In a free society people have the right to say things about their leaders. I just said I have the right to defend. You may find the pictures about Trump offensive but I have seen far worse things said on this and other boards (probably including your own) about Obama.

I don't care about Germany, hey even though I'm pro EU we certainly have issues ourselves with our partners. Would like to point out that the UK is one of the countries that does hit it's NATO spending targets and has joined you in many of your wars. At the end of the day the US doesn't station troops around the world for the good of those countries, it's usually to protect it's own strategic interests. Just as it is usually for us when we send troops abroad. When the US and UK along with other nations attacked Iraq after the Kuwait invasion it wasn't because we cared about Kuwait, it was to protect our oil supplies. I'm pretty sure if Kuwait just grew bananas we wouldn't have gone in. Of course you can like Trump but I know a huge portion of the US doesn't, we will have to wait for the next presidential election but I'm pretty sure it will be close whatever the result. I can't abide our present government or prime minister (although she is dignified) and the only reason they are in power is because of the weakness of the Labour opposition, although latest opinion polls give Labour a 5 point lead over the Tories. If Labour do get in at the next election I'm pretty sure you will all be horrified with Jeremy Corbyn the present Labour leader who will be PM. Think Bernie Sanders
Old 07-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #1924
snappit

Quote:
Has zero to do with the previous post.

The lock up of Tommy Robinson has nothing to do with free speech.
I think they all know this as it has been discussed on the other thread. You're right this was nothing to do with free speech. He could say whatever he wanted after the trials were completed.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:28 PM   #1925
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
You may find the pictures about Trump offensive but I have seen far worse things said on this and other boards (probably including your own) about Obama.
On this board, I seriously doubt that. In fact, I'm going to come out and flatly state it isn't true.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:50 PM   #1926
snappit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG View Post
Of course as someone who I presume is a bettor on racing you will know that statistics have to be garnered over a long period. All this shows is a comparison of one year against the previous. Let's take this over a period of time using figures from the Office of National Statistics. These show that the average murder rate in London since 1990 was 171 per year, much higher than the figure you have shown. Rates vary with some very high years and some abnormally low. What they do show though is that in most individual years in that period the murder rate in London was higher than the figure you quoted and added to that the population was lower. In fact the murder rate on a per capita basis is higher in other cities in the UK ( I won't mention the US) than it is in London.

Yes, general crime is rising in London and the UK generally but this has far more to do with the fact that police budgets and numbers of officers have fallen dramatically due to drastic cuts in funding for the police by the Tory government over the past few years.

I still don't your point 'that's what you get with a Muslim mayor'. Again, I ask you what has the fact that the mayor is Muslim, rather than any other religion got to do with crime rates?
Old 07-15-2018, 05:09 PM   #1927
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Are you really that naive? Let's fast forward to 2030. Russia is agitating on Poland's doorstep, only a stone's throw from Germany. Germany gets a third of its energy from Russia. How vehemently does Germany protest Russia's aggression? A little or a lot? You don't think Putin would coerce Germany by threatening to shut off the gas supply if they voted for Russian sanctions? You don't think Germany would speak against military action if it came to it? What Germany is doing is the very definition of being captured by another country. They will be dependent on the whims of a dictator.

I'm flabbergasted that with only two dots on the board that they couldn't be connected.
I think you like play what if games with no basis in reality.

Germany would simply buy energy elsewhere since they can afford it The investment in the pipeline has been a solely Russian venture. They need Germany more than Germany needs them...

You folks live in this riskboard mindset that is just boggling to me... I'll clue you in on a little secret... Germans and Russians don't really like eachother.

Secrets like that are contained in books though.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:13 PM   #1928
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Trump isn't the only reason NATO's future is uncertain:

Donald Trump is right to question NATO

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/768302002/

PS: The urge to counterpunch liberal snarkiness temporarily suppressed.
Without tearing apart that article as being insanely soft on political adversaries let me ask...

What did Trump accomplish at NATO?
Old 07-15-2018, 05:15 PM   #1929
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
On this board, I seriously doubt that. In fact, I'm going to come out and flatly state it isn't true.
You're kidding right?

Exhibit A: Michelle Obama's treatment around here...

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-15-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:17 PM   #1930
snappit

Quote:
It's getting late here now and I got prep for pay negotiations at work tomorrow to do tonight so haven't really got time to do any detailed searches. Your board and so I'll take what you say. Maybe wrong although I'm pretty sure I've seen him called a POS, posts calling him a Muslim when he's not,etc all possibly as offensive or worse than someone saying F Trump. I did do a quick search which came up with this.

'Once again, Obama is more angered at anyone who criticizes him than the murdering dogs he rushes to support.

Here is a clue for the dim-witted African A Hole.'

Is that any better than F Trump?
Old 07-15-2018, 05:34 PM   #1931
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Of course as someone who I presume is a bettor on racing you will know that statistics have to be garnered over a long period. All this shows is a comparison of one year against the previous. Let's take this over a period of time using figures from the Office of National Statistics. These show that the average murder rate in London since 1990 was 171 per year, much higher than the figure you have shown. Rates vary with some very high years and some abnormally low. What they do show though is that in most individual years in that period the murder rate in London was higher than the figure you quoted and added to that the population was lower. In fact the murder rate on a per capita basis is higher in other cities in the UK ( I won't mention the US) than it is in London.

Yes, general crime is rising in London and the UK generally but this has far more to do with the fact that police budgets and numbers of officers have fallen dramatically due to drastic cuts in funding for the police by the Tory government over the past few years.

I still don't your point 'that's what you get with a Muslim mayor'. Again, I ask you what has the fact that the mayor is Muslim, rather than any other religion got to do with crime rates?

I bet you have blinders on to shit like this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8101941.html

but god save the queen Mate.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:58 PM   #1932
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You're kidding right?

Exhibit A: Michelle Obama's treatment around here...
Yeah, I feel pretty confident that no one political figure has been as thrashed, smashed, bludgeoned and pureed as much as one Donald J. Trump on this board...and everywhere else for that matter.

You heard it here first. And no, definitely NOT kidding.

If you see otherwise, need to get those glasses checked pronto.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #1933
Clocker

Quote:
I think you like play what if games with no basis in reality.

Germany would simply buy energy elsewhere since they can afford it The investment in the pipeline has been a solely Russian venture. They need Germany more than Germany needs them...

But Trump says that Germany paying money to Russia is not fair.

Quote:
"Germany made a pipeline deal with Russia. Where they're going to be paying Russia billions and billions of dollars a year for energy, and I say that's not good, that's not fair. You're supposed to be fighting for someone and then that someone gives billions of dollars to the one you're, you know, guarding against. I think it's ridiculous, so I let that be known also this time," Mr. Trump told Glor. "I'll tell you what, there's a lot of anger at the fact that Germany is paying Russia billions of dollars. There's a lot of anger. I also think it's a very bad thing for Germany. Because it's like, what, are they waving a white flag?"
So Trump thinks Germany should not be paying money to Russia, apparently because because both Germany and Russia are our foes.

Quote:
In an interview with "CBS Evening News" anchor Jeff Glor in Scotland on Saturday, President Trump named the European Union -- comprising some of America's oldest allies -- when asked to identify his "biggest foe globally right now."

"Well, I think we have a lot of foes. I think the European Union is a foe, what they do to us in trade. Now, you wouldn't think of the European Union, but they're a foe. Russia is foe in certain respects. China is a foe economically, certainly they are a foe. But that doesn't mean they are bad. It doesn't mean anything. It means that they are competitive," Mr. Trump said at his golf club in Turnberry, Scotland.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-...nki-jeff-glor/
Old 07-15-2018, 06:01 PM   #1934
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's getting late here now and I got prep for pay negotiations at work tomorrow to do tonight so haven't really got time to do any detailed searches. Your board and so I'll take what you say. Maybe wrong although I'm pretty sure I've seen him called a POS, posts calling him a Muslim when he's not,etc all possibly as offensive or worse than someone saying F Trump. I did do a quick search which came up with this.

'Once again, Obama is more angered at anyone who criticizes him than the murdering dogs he rushes to support.

Here is a clue for the dim-witted African A Hole.'

Is that any better than F Trump?
SO MUCH better...in fact...when you get some free time, I encourage you to take a better look around.

You might be pleasantly surprised at all the horrendous things posted about Trump, attributed to Trump, etc. etc.

Like, the fact that he probably has had, or even currently has, sex with his own daughter (or at the very least, fantasizes about it).

Anything like that said about Obama on this board? No.

But I'm sure you'll justify those comments since Trump has been very complimentary about his daughter's looks. Heck, there is even a picture of her sitting on his lap. That right there means he's banging her or at least thinking about it.

You guys sure don't read very much off-topic (and by you guys, I mean you and elysiantraveller who are both telling me I'm SOOOOOO wrong about this topic).
Old 07-15-2018, 06:30 PM   #1935
elysiantraveller

Quote:
SO MUCH better...in fact...when you get some free time, I encourage you to take a better look around.

You might be pleasantly surprised at all the horrendous things posted about Trump, attributed to Trump, etc. etc.

Like, the fact that he probably has had, or even currently has, sex with his own daughter (or at the very least, fantasizes about it).

Anything like that said about Obama on this board? No.

But I'm sure you'll justify those comments since Trump has been very complimentary about his daughter's looks. Heck, there is even a picture of her sitting on his lap. That right there means he's banging her or at least thinking about it.

You guys sure don't read very much off-topic (and by you guys, I mean you and elysiantraveller who are both telling me I'm SOOOOOO wrong about this topic).
Please... the decorum went out the window long before that.

The guy was being taken to task for sharing a crop circle in Russian. It was funny.

I can still find political humor on both sides funny. Trump has said some pretty creepy shit about his daughter.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-15-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Closed Thread