Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:43 PM   #1906
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I hear you lock up folks trying to express their free speech these days...of course, the guy being locked up has changed his name, might be a racist or white supremacist, and was told to keep away from some courthouse...but hey...free speech is free speech right? Except when it's not I guess.

Way to go Brits!
The guy was under court order not to contact witnesses. We have similar laws here that when violated result in jail time.

Seriously where do you people read these versions of what happened?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 07-14-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:45 PM   #1907
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
100% correct.
Old 07-14-2018, 07:50 PM   #1908
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The guy was under court order not to contact witnesses. We have similar laws here that when violated result in jail time.

Seriously where in the do you people read these versions of what happened.

https://www.quora.com/Is-there-freed...eech-in-the-UK

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/ban...om-britain/06/
Old 07-14-2018, 07:59 PM   #1909
elysiantraveller

Has zero to do with the previous post.

The lock up of Tommy Robinson has nothing to do with free speech.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:01 PM   #1910
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Has zero to do with the previous post.

The lock up of Tommy Robinson has nothing to do with free speech.

Where did PA specifically mention Tommy Robinson in his post?
Old 07-14-2018, 08:03 PM   #1911
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Where did PA specifically mention Tommy Robinson in his post?
I'm going to go ahead just guess that is who he was talking about...
Old 07-14-2018, 08:08 PM   #1912
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
I'm going to go ahead just guess that is who he was talking about...

I would say the General Principles he put forth were Spot On (is that a Brit thing to say) even if the Specific Example was not 100% perfect.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:56 AM   #1913
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
This figure of 44% where do you get that from, over what period etc?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ifth-year.html
Old 07-15-2018, 02:32 PM   #1914
MargieRose

Quote:
OK. Yes, I am new to this forum but as you are probably be aware I have been a contributor to American racing forums of which I believe you have been a member for quite a long time, since the days of the old TVG forum in fact. The reason being I enjoy American racing (in fact I have it on the TV at the moment) and want to learn more about it but have also contributed a lot regarding British racing both flat and jumps. During that time I have interacted with some very decent and knowledgeable people. I have very rarely contributed to those forums on political threads. On this forum I have contributed to political threads. Yes, you may be right that my opinion is irrelevant, well it might be if I was commenting on internal American politics however, if you take the time to read my posts you will see that I haven't commented on anything other than threads that have been related to my country. When I see people making comments about my country that are incorrect, show a lack of knowledge of our laws, posts that call our 92 year old head of state a pig, bitch, ugly etc is, as a citizen of the UK, it irrelevant that I correct these with facts? or irrelevant that I give my opinion? Surely you're not opposed to someone from another country defending their country? You say my posts are not fair and balanced, are yours? Balance is very subjective, you seem to be saying my posts are not balanced purely because my opinion differs to yours but please show my where they are not fair.

Butt- hurt, whining liberal, well if you want to call me names because I don't subscribe to your politics go ahead, I shall try and refrain from doing the same. I will however continue to make posts on here wherever I feel it appropriate unless the owner of the board decides he/she doesn't want me he. That is their prerogative. Yes, I do have views that you think are liberal, is that an offence? I support the Labour Party over here and am probably considered left of centre but on the centre ground of the Labour Party. I'm not a particular fan of Labour's present leader but was a supporter of Tony Blair the former Labour Prime Minister, at least until he got us into the needless war in Iraq a few years ago. If it wasn't for that he probably would have gone down here as the most popular PM we have had but, because of that he is now pretty unpopular.

The picture I posted. It was as part of thread regarding demonstrations against Trump and was something I found humorous because it was in Russian and was another part of the huge protests against Trump. No I wouldn't have done it, and no I didn't join in the protests against him. I do however, totally agree that people have the right to peacefully protest, whatever their side of the argument regarding Trump, that is what we do in democracies.

As for Trump. He is your president and you elected him (albeit his opponent got more votes, but that is your system so fair enough) and that's your choice. However, I have the right to criticise him and give my opinions especially when he does, or says things in my country or does or says things that affect my country or the rest of the world. If he decides to take America out of NATO, out of the Paris accord, out of the Iran deal that is his (or your choice) not much I can do about it, but I find it very sad. I can remember every President from Carter onwards and have vague childhood memories of Ford and Nixon. I have agreed and disagreed with things all have done (as I have for all UK governments) but Trump seems different. A pity President Bartlett wasn't a real person, he would have been great. It is not only about his policies, his anti Muslim rhetoric etc but also about the undignified way he behaves, something which I have never really noticed from other presidents. His constant name calling against anyone who disagrees with him, the way he attacks the press who report things he doesn't like, the way he distorts the truth (although in fairness that is no difference to most politicians, although he seems to have taken it to another level), in some cases to do with my country and his me,me,me aren't I great attitude.

I like America and it's people and love learning about it and it's history and culture and have fond memories of when I visited there but I love my country, as I'm sure you love yours, and will defend it where it is right to do so. People may attack me and my country, their right but remember we are, and have been since most of us can remember, your closest ally and friend in the world.
The photo that you posted, Snappit, was offensive; it wasn’t humorous to me and probably not to most here. Your retort above simply gave ink to the “thousand words” that the photo had already screamed out for you.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, and I doubt that anyone here would ever want to put a muzzle on you, unlike many of the liberals in THIS free republic. Keep in mind; you are offended when your 92-year-old head of state is viciously slurred, most especially by outsiders. That kind of thing applies both ways.

Like it or not, Trump has a style that is generating positive results for the U.S.A., in many areas. I prefer actions to PC fluffy words that accomplish nothing of true worth, a la our last feckless president...but ah, “the devils voice is sweet to hear”! Yep, that’s what I think of him!!

Think about this: isn’t it great that Germany has made a billion-dollar oil deal with Russia; yet, wants NATO protection against the same potentially hostile aggressor, a protection that they’re dragging ass to pay for? Come on...‘pretty please’ is not on the table anymore...thank God!

Last edited by MargieRose; 07-15-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:54 PM   #1915
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NHo pay, no protection.
We should refuse any aid to any member not up to date on their share.
If Putin invades them, then it sucks to be them.

Let the FRENCH ARMY take care of them!
That is, if you can get them to come out from behind their "Marginal Line!"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot2628.jpg (12.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-15-2018, 03:01 PM   #1916
elysiantraveller

More posts from people who don't read things...

Germany is not afraid of Russian takeover of Europe.

The energy deal is simply an energy deal. We've recently fought wars to defend the country that founded wahabism and later al Qaeda.

I'll post this here as its clear most of you will follow the idiot in chief regardless of how everything he does flies in the face of actual American global interest.

Europe’s Dependence on the U.S. Was All Part of the Plan

Can't wait for his meeting with his man crush... should provide more fun material.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:06 PM   #1917
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh my!
Looks like we got us "reader," Cletus.
Grab that bible closer to that there gun o' yours.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #1918
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

Seriously where do you people read these versions of what happened?
So he was standing OUTSIDE the courthouse trying to contact a witness? Is that what really happened?
Old 07-15-2018, 03:43 PM   #1919
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
So he was standing OUTSIDE the courthouse trying to contact a witness? Is that what really happened?
He was standing outside the courtroom identifying people heading in... after explicit orders from a JUDGE not to do that...

I don't care where you live a JUDGE tells you to not to something you don't do it.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #1920
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Oh my!
Looks like we got us "reader," Cletus.
Grab that bible closer to that there gun o' yours.
Way to rise to and embrace the "low intellect" stigma trump supporters have!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: