Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-08-2018, 10:26 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Dov Hikind - my hero

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/0...s-donald-trump

Funny what happens to politicians when they aren't running for office:

Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D, Brooklyn) said he recently received a mailer from fellow Democrat, Senator Charles Schumer asking for contributions. The letter was riddled with attacks on the “hard right” but omitted vital information. In an open letter to Schumer, Hikind filled in the blanks.

“Senator Schumer, in your letter you promise to fight for Democratic values and go on at great length to fully villainize the current administration, but you left out certain facts that my fellow Democrats, to say nothing of all Americans, should also be aware of.

“You forgot to tell us about the economy. As good as it’s been, economists expect even more growth through the end of the year. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about unemployment, which is lower than it has been in decades, while economic confidence is at a 17-year high. It’s also at a record low for minorities. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us how the U.S. is beginning to emerge in energy dominance. The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling, decreasing our reliance on foreign oil. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about the most remarkable relationship between the United States and our ally Israel ever. Or about moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, which you yourself applauded.

“You forgot to tell us about the successful dismantling of the Iran Deal—a deal which you yourself opposed and knew threatened the rest of the world by making it easier for Iran, the leading supporter of world terrorism, to develop nuclear weapons.

“You forgot to tell us that the Trump administration is against the harmful reverse-discrimination criteria in universities that would so badly hurt the children from hard-working Asian families. So much for the big tent, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about a potential peace with a denuclearized North Korea.

“You forgot to tell us about tax cuts. I’m part of the middle class and now I’m getting a little extra in my paycheck. I’m happy about that and so are tens of millions of Americans, Senator.

“You ask for a contribution, but the Democratic Party—which I am a lifelong member of—is currently betraying the ideals that our party once stood for: American values. You yourself proposed that Representative Ellison head the party, but you must surely know that Ellison has stood with our nation’s leading hate monger Louis Farrakhan.

“Senator Schumer, as a fellow Democrat, I ask you to work to restore sanity and honesty to our party so I can feel good about supporting it fully. Until then, I’m afraid the Republicans have my support.”
Old 07-08-2018, 10:34 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

#WalkAway

Old 07-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

UpChuckie sure forgot a lot of stuff.

He was babbling the other day that unemployment went from 3.8 to 4.0.
What a tool.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:25 PM   #4
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/0...s-donald-trump

Funny what happens to politicians when they aren't running for office:

Assemblyman Dov Hikind (D, Brooklyn) said he recently received a mailer from fellow Democrat, Senator Charles Schumer asking for contributions. The letter was riddled with attacks on the “hard right” but omitted vital information. In an open letter to Schumer, Hikind filled in the blanks.

“Senator Schumer, in your letter you promise to fight for Democratic values and go on at great length to fully villainize the current administration, but you left out certain facts that my fellow Democrats, to say nothing of all Americans, should also be aware of.

“You forgot to tell us about the economy. As good as it’s been, economists expect even more growth through the end of the year. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about unemployment, which is lower than it has been in decades, while economic confidence is at a 17-year high. It’s also at a record low for minorities. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us how the U.S. is beginning to emerge in energy dominance. The Department of Interior, which has led the way in cutting regulations, opened plans to lease 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for oil and gas drilling, decreasing our reliance on foreign oil. That’s very good news, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about the most remarkable relationship between the United States and our ally Israel ever. Or about moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem, which you yourself applauded.

“You forgot to tell us about the successful dismantling of the Iran Deal—a deal which you yourself opposed and knew threatened the rest of the world by making it easier for Iran, the leading supporter of world terrorism, to develop nuclear weapons.

“You forgot to tell us that the Trump administration is against the harmful reverse-discrimination criteria in universities that would so badly hurt the children from hard-working Asian families. So much for the big tent, Senator.

“You forgot to tell us about a potential peace with a denuclearized North Korea.

“You forgot to tell us about tax cuts. I’m part of the middle class and now I’m getting a little extra in my paycheck. I’m happy about that and so are tens of millions of Americans, Senator.

“You ask for a contribution, but the Democratic Party—which I am a lifelong member of—is currently betraying the ideals that our party once stood for: American values. You yourself proposed that Representative Ellison head the party, but you must surely know that Ellison has stood with our nation’s leading hate monger Louis Farrakhan.

“Senator Schumer, as a fellow Democrat, I ask you to work to restore sanity and honesty to our party so I can feel good about supporting it fully. Until then, I’m afraid the Republicans have my support.”
This was already brought up in the “Dems losing ground “ thread. You can go there for my response, but be careful. You might learn something.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:29 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
This was already brought up in the “Dems losing ground “ thread. You can go there for my response, but be careful. You might learn something.
That's ok. What he wrote was all true anyway, despite whatever character flaws he may have. Like dressing up as a black basketball player on Purim.

Which I guess the Democratic establishment was OK with...like most democrats, even when they are racist, they don't get kicked out. Now we have Dov Hikind to add with Robert Byrd.

I take it back...he's not my hero anymore. I'm so sad to learn this about him.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-10-2018 at 12:46 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-09-2018, 11:50 PM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
If I were more cynical,I'd say ol' Dov was angling for a nice soft job in the Trump Administration, to supplement his bound to be juicy legislator pension from New York state.He has a way of always getting his name in the papers.
That is,if I were more cynical.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2018, 12:43 AM   #7
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
UpChuckie sure forgot a lot of stuff.

He was babbling the other day that unemployment went from 3.8 to 4.0.
What a tool.
UpChuckie is a puppet doing what he is told. I am not sure who the dimocrat puppet master is.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
If I were more cynical,I'd say ol' Dov was angling for a nice soft job in the Trump Administration, to supplement his bound to be juicy legislator pension from New York state.He has a way of always getting his name in the papers.
That is,if I were more cynical.
That is exactly how the game is played.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: