Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #76
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am not so sure about that, it depends on who participates. More uneducated voters going to the polls could make things worse, not better.
In spite of our differences of opinions in here this crowd as a whole represents the educated voter and is of above average intelligence. By educated voter I am referring that they understand how government and taxes work. An an example of an uneducated voter is people I saw interviewed that thought Obama paid for housing vouchers in Detroit out of his own pocket.

That is just an easy example, there are uneducated voters who vote for both parties.

Unfortunately the uneducated voter represents a fair percentage of the population as without their votes no one is elected. I believe that is the reason the average politician in this country lies like no tomorrow and is phony as a $3 bill. If a person had to pass a basic test in order to vote I believe politicians and government would improve. If that was true I know Maxine Waters would never be elected.
Look, one example might be your from Arizona and you ran for the Senate 10 years ago and won instead of someone being there too long and got polluted. My gut feeling is people start out with good intentions overstay and get polluted. If someone has a right to vote and has identification I am good with that. Now my example is fiction but use with a grain of salt if you think I am correct as I use a grain of salt your posts.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 10:55 AM   #77
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Now I know this was directed at Mike, and he is more then capable of talking for himself. But why do you think he is in a situation he doesn't like (in America)? He has said he is ok with what Trump has done so far.
YOU are the one here daily, and multiple times at that, railing about how dumb, idiotic, etc etc Trump is. YOU are the one who criticizes every thing trump tweets....
Doesn't seem to me like Mike is the one unsatisfied at all.
And just stop with the whole "Im a republican" as if you have something to prove. Its your way of attempting to play both sides, all the while lambasting TRUMP.
The way I see it, like it or not, saved your ass from pure out and out misery with Clinton in office. That in itself should get him the Nobel prize
And as Ralph likes to pint out, which I am all in with, the rest is just GRAVY!!!! lmao
So again... because Hillary isn't president I should just shut up and be happy?

Not really topical but that's the norm.

Sorry but no... I'm not a fan of dismantling the American international power apparatus we've invested 70 years into. I'd take Hillary over Trump in regards to that any day.

Russia isn't our friend. It doesn't belong in the G8. Sanctions should have been lodged day one.

You want to see more griping just wait until he meets Putin in 2 weeks. Be prepared for a brand new bitchfest as he plays soft with Putin while slamming Canada.

One we got into an open firefight with 4 months ago when they attacked our troops... the other is Canada... about as threatening to me and our way of life as a wet blanket.

It's coming you can mark it down right now.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-30-2018 at 11:03 AM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 11:50 AM   #78
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Now I know this was directed at Mike, and he is more then capable of talking for himself. But why do you think he is in a situation he doesn't like (in America)? He has said he is ok with what Trump has done so far.
YOU are the one here daily, and multiple times at that, railing about how dumb, idiotic, etc etc Trump is. YOU are the one who criticizes every thing trump tweets....
Doesn't seem to me like Mike is the one unsatisfied at all.
And just stop with the whole "Im a republican" as if you have something to prove. Its your way of attempting to play both sides, all the while lambasting TRUMP.
The way I see it, like it or not, saved your ass from pure out and out misery with Clinton in office. That in itself should get him the Nobel prize
And as Ralph likes to pint out, which I am all in with, the rest is just GRAVY!!!! lmao

Our friend does not get it that we have had years with that shitbag policy and some of us are OK lets see what we can done with this President. Picking winners and losers is nothing personal for any President because they ALL do it. Their vision crushes some while others benefit, but overall if America is put first it can't be any worse than previous Presidents have done.
Old 06-30-2018, 11:58 AM   #79
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
So again... because Hillary isn't president I should just shut up and be happy?

Not really topical but that's the norm.

Sorry but no... I'm not a fan of dismantling the American international power apparatus we've invested 70 years into. I'd take Hillary over Trump in regards to that any day.

Russia isn't our friend. It doesn't belong in the G8. Sanctions should have been lodged day one.

You want to see more griping just wait until he meets Putin in 2 weeks. Be prepared for a brand new bitchfest as he plays soft with Putin while slamming Canada.

One we got into an open firefight with 4 months ago when they attacked our troops... the other is Canada... about as threatening to me and our way of life as a wet blanket.

It's coming you can mark it down right now.
You favoring a career criminal is just the same as the association with Jeremiah Alvesta Wright Jr. and then becoming President. You are just wrong, and your tripe no one gives a shit about. If your on the short end of the stick now suck it up, your in a place of good company and it is just your turn now.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:25 PM   #80
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Look, one example might be your from Arizona and you ran for the Senate 10 years ago and won instead of someone being there too long and got polluted. My gut feeling is people start out with good intentions overstay and get polluted. If someone has a right to vote and has identification I am good with that. Now my example is fiction but use with a grain of salt if you think I am correct as I use a grain of salt your posts.

What came first, the chicken or the egg? If we are just talking about a career in politics, does the job corrupt the person, or is the problem the type of person attracted to the job? Or is it a little of both?

Case in point all the studies done on law enforcement, and I am not digging any of them up. It is a proven fact law enforcement officers abuse their wives and have higher rates of alcoholism than the general public. Is it job stress or the type of personal attracted to the job that is the problem?
From personal experience I have known a good amount of cops, my dad was one, some are attracted to the job for the right reasons, while many are attracted to the job for the wrong ones.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 12:58 PM   #81
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
You favoring a career criminal is just the same as the association with Jeremiah Alvesta Wright Jr. and then becoming President. You are just wrong, and your tripe no one gives a shit about. If your on the short end of the stick now suck it up, your in a place of good company and it is just your turn now.
Way to stay on topic!

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 06-30-2018 at 12:59 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2018, 01:36 PM   #82
fast4522

You and your views are fair game, as your finding out.
Old 06-30-2018, 01:46 PM   #83
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What came first, the chicken or the egg? If we are just talking about a career in politics, does the job corrupt the person, or is the problem the type of person attracted to the job? Or is it a little of both?

Case in point all the studies done on law enforcement, and I am not digging any of them up. It is a proven fact law enforcement officers abuse their wives and have higher rates of alcoholism than the general public. Is it job stress or the type of personal attracted to the job that is the problem?
From personal experience I have known a good amount of cops, my dad was one, some are attracted to the job for the right reasons, while many are attracted to the job for the wrong ones.
Your points are interesting, the system we have is all we have currently. Both examples yours and mine are self correcting with participation right? Previously I have suggested in other posts that we have to be thankful for those willing to participate in our system. Perhaps being thankful in all forms of what we talk about means not kicking them when it is not warranted, to much of that is practiced by the left out of desperation for lack of having a genuine message to begin with.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:38 PM   #84
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
There

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Now go back to sorting the mail
Thanks. Let's see what we can learn from that article.

Below are several statements from the Wikipedia article (Some direct quotes, some paraphrases). They are in red. Following that are examples of how that particular facet of fascism is occurring in the USA.

Fascism is a form of radical Authoritarian ultranationalism
Examples in present day USA. Fighting with and disrespecting our allies.
Calling immigrants an investation in particular immigrants who are non European and non white.
Trying to ban members of a certain religion from entering the country.

Control of industry and commerce.
Examples in present day USA: Attempts to destroy unions. Excessive tax breaks and low tax rates for corporations. Citizens United. Right to work laws.

Fascists believe that liberal Democracy is obsolete.
Example in present day USA. Voter ID laws which shrink the voter base. Limited polling places which make it more difficult for people who do not own cars to vote. Citizens United.

Fascists advocate for protectionist economic policies.
Examples in present day USA: Trump imposing tariffs on many items. His opposition to NAFTA and the Pacific Trade Partnership.

Fascists favor a corporatist economic system. This means that the government, in cooperation with the corporations, determines the economy.
Decisions are made to maximize corporate profits and government control. Unions are involved but they are controlled by the corporations and the government.

Examples in present day USA: Republicans give tax breaks to corporations who in turn fill the coffers of the Republican Party. Republicans pass laws to destroy unions. Corporations fill the coffers of the Republican party. Republicans repeal regulations Corporations fill the coffers of the Republican Party.

Fascists practice an aggressive foreign policy.
Examples in present day USA: Trump repudiating the Iran nuclear deal, and threatening military action. Trump threatening military action against North Korea. Trump threatening Mexico if Mexico did not pay for the wall. Trump belittling and insult allies who don't conform to his desires.

Fascism emphasizes direct action, including supporting the legitimacy of political violence.

Examples in present day USA: Trump shouting "Throw him out, rough him up" at his rallies when confronted with a protestor. Neo Nazis beating up counter protesters in Charlottesville. A neo Nazi driving a car into a group of peaceful protesters at that same venue. Bombing and shootings at churches.

Fascism supports the idea of a superior group and that groups right to complete dominance over inferior groups, which basically have few or no rights.

Examples in present day USA: Muslim travel ban. Separation of immigrant children from their families.

Those are just a few example of why Fascism is getting closer in America. It isn't here yet, but we are dangerously close and the trends are not encouraging.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:44 PM   #85
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh, sorry kind sir, you scored a total of 0!
Nice try, though, really impressed with your enthusiasm even when hopelessly
lost in the shuffle.

Now, if I may be so bold as to suggest, your BROWN shirt needs to be ironed.
You know how HE gets when his troopers are not tip top!

And might I say, a very fine day to you, don't mope about your humiliation in this thread. We all know you can do better next time! Cheerio, chap!
Old 07-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #86
boxcar

Riot Breaks Out In Portland As Antifa Activists Clash With Conservative Marchers

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...chers-portland

Expect more of this stuff.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:06 PM   #87
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It would be a jnice trophy to mount an Antifa head on your wall.
If you own an outhouse!