Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Harness Racing

Old 08-30-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
willphorse

The Meadows 8-30-10

Just a few today at The Meadows... 1 of them is a 10* Play!

Race 1
8 Motorcyclemike 4-1

New form cycle starts as Dave Palone sticks with the 7YO. Improved in 1st start with Palone, and should again today. Speed is what this horse knows, and outside post hurts here. Could get a pocket trip behind the 3 and Ledford, and we all can see that horse just can't finish late.

Race 2
5 APR 5/2

Out Of the Money 2 times in the past 5 races. Those 2 races were both at $6000 Clm. While at todays class, this Mare has 2 wins and a 3rd in 3 starts. Also gets top Post Position at the track.

Race 4
8 Lord of Andover 3-1
***10 Star Play***

Outside post here will lead to some doubts, but not to me. Has had an outside post in last 4 starts, yet has 2 wins and a show. Was parked the 1/4 in 3 of those 4 starts as well. Has gone 1:57 in 3 of last 4 starts. The 2 Fox Avenue Mom will be tough to beat, as Palone has the form and post.

Race 5
3 Armbro's Revenge A 3-1

Has won 3 of last 4. Catches a softer class here. Won BARELY last out on the drop, but that 2nd place finisher in that has Post 9 today, and the 3rd place finisher has post 7. Looks like this 11YO should prevail if he stays flat.

Race 8
5 Fannytastic 15-1

This is STRICTLY a Longshot Wager. Do I think this horse will win, Not confident, but do I think this horse has a shot at VERY long odds! Absolutely. Top Post at the Track, and has proven she can be close at this class. Trotted 1:58.3 last out with some late speed, and if improved any, she will be close at the wire.

Good Luck
willphorse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #2
willphorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by willphorse
Just a few today at The Meadows... 1 of them is a 10* Play!

Race 1
8 Motorcyclemike 4-1

New form cycle starts as Dave Palone sticks with the 7YO. Improved in 1st start with Palone, and should again today. Speed is what this horse knows, and outside post hurts here. Could get a pocket trip behind the 3 and Ledford, and we all can see that horse just can't finish late.

Race 2
5 APR 5/2

Out Of the Money 2 times in the past 5 races. Those 2 races were both at $6000 Clm. While at todays class, this Mare has 2 wins and a 3rd in 3 starts. Also gets top Post Position at the track.

Race 4
8 Lord of Andover 3-1
***10 Star Play***

Outside post here will lead to some doubts, but not to me. Has had an outside post in last 4 starts, yet has 2 wins and a show. Was parked the 1/4 in 3 of those 4 starts as well. Has gone 1:57 in 3 of last 4 starts. The 2 Fox Avenue Mom will be tough to beat, as Palone has the form and post.

Race 5
3 Armbro's Revenge A 3-1

Has won 3 of last 4. Catches a softer class here. Won BARELY last out on the drop, but that 2nd place finisher in that has Post 9 today, and the 3rd place finisher has post 7. Looks like this 11YO should prevail if he stays flat.

Race 8
5 Fannytastic 15-1

This is STRICTLY a Longshot Wager. Do I think this horse will win, Not confident, but do I think this horse has a shot at VERY long odds! Absolutely. Top Post at the Track, and has proven she can be close at this class. Trotted 1:58.3 last out with some late speed, and if improved any, she will be close at the wire.

Good Luck

0 For 2 so far... But the Big One is coming up in the 4th! Can't wait!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
markgoldie

I sympathize with your loss on APR. She is better than those but make a very uncharacteristic break.

In the first, the scenario was a bit more complicated for MM. Lessons Learned and Kamwood Jasper are very fast leavers, but what you may not have known, unless you know the past history is that Frontier, when half right is a blisteringly fast leaver. This made Dave's pp a huge problem.

Lord Of Andover is sharp and actually beaten the open $15,000 claimers, which are a bit better than these. But, as you say the Palone/Burke horse is a major threat because the pace may not be quite as fast as in last week's event and Andover is something of a grinder.

Armbros revenge should win but we're probably looking at 1-2 and there are probably better bets at that kind of price.

I think the 4 horses inside of Funnytastic are probably inherently better than she is, but you can't completely rule her out.
markgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
markgoldie

Nice hit on Andover. WTG.
markgoldie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #5
BuddyOscar

Hope you got some of the exacta or tri.
BuddyOscar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #6
willphorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyOscar
Hope you got some of the exacta or tri.

10* WINNER paid $8.40, $4.20

Oscar, Had Exacta and $1 Tri. I always Key my 10* Picks over the field in Exacta and Tri's... and that usually can lead to some big paydays!

Exacta paid $111.20
$1 Tri Paid $493.00

Armbro's Revenge Won the 5th paying $2.80
Old 08-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #7
BuddyOscar

Thanks for the picks!
If your ADW has greyhound wagering and you ever want some greyhound picks send me a PM.. That's my specialty and maybe I can pay you back!
BuddyOscar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #8
willphorse

Results for the day...

R1- OUT
R2- OUT
R4, 10* Play... Winner $8.40, $4.20
R5 Winner $2.80, $2.80
R8 OUT

Not too good of a day, But the 10* Play came through and paid MUCH better than expected. There is not much on store for tomorrow, but I'm sure there's a gem. There always is someplace!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: