Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 06-07-2018, 12:33 AM   #91
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
LeBron IS the defacto GM of the team.

The team that won a title benefitted from a confluence of circumstances in which everything fell into place. And they still barely got it done. Last year was what should've happened two years ago.
I mostly agree, though he did not want to trade Kyrie. He got beat by KD at his own game as I mentioned earlier. The difference is KD didn't GM the team, he just found a crazy set of circumstances that allowed a 73 win team to be able to add a superstar.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 AM   #92
burnsy
self medicated

The King, met the Assassin and it was a beat down. KD MVP. 25-37 last two games, daggers in game 3!
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2018, 09:40 AM   #93
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
The King, met the Assassin and it was a beat down. KD MVP. 25-37 last two games, daggers in game 3!

He flat out carried the team as Steph and Klay had off nights. If KD has anything less than the A+ game he played the Cavs win.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2018, 11:41 AM   #94
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
He flat out carried the team as Steph and Klay had off nights. If KD has anything less than the A+ game he played the Cavs win.
KD was and is fantastic and even though he can score on anyone, I cringed everytime Hill or Love were switched on him. Love had a decent game and was once again deadly at the line but defensively OMG. What disaster. For those smarter than me, why the hell does Hill get so many minutes? Picked on defensively, average handles, no creative passing,mediocre shooter, just average size.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #95
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:

He did, the King is not the only one that can carry a team. He did the same thing to Cleveland last year. Went in their house and broke their will and hearts.

Of course, LeBron is probably the best player but KD is under rated by the media and fans. The difference is not much if there is any. I've never seen a guy that size move and shoot like he does. You just can't guard that. But Cleveland's gotta do better than that. The look on his face says he relishes playing that part. Probably gets sick of hearing the BS.

Ronsmac is right about the Cavs "D" too. The game plan of switches has been a joke for two series now. KD calls for a pick and its all over. The Cavs need an enforcer that can play defense. That's what they've been struggling most with. They just cant stop or slow down the big guns in this league. The Rockets would probably be doing the same thing to them. I think they stuck Hill in there cause everyone else wanted no part of that job.

Last edited by burnsy; 06-08-2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:49 PM   #96
Inner Dirt

Is it time to put up the "Where does Lebron sign?", poll? Chris Bosch said he will go to Houston, I heard that on Fox radio today while running errands.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:26 PM   #97
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Is it time to put up the "Where does Lebron sign?", poll? Chris Bosch said he will go to Houston, I heard that on Fox radio today while running errands.
I'm not sure where he would go. Houston wouldn't be a great fit in my opinion with Paul and Harden already being ball dominant. Philly is the same with Simmons but I think that could work better than Houston with Simmons being so young.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:51 PM   #98
ronsmac

Quote:
Yes it is.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:19 PM   #99
ronsmac

Halftime. Love 2-10 a minus 14. Hill 0 pts a minus 19 yet lue sticks with these two. LMFAO. We know the Cavs can't win but Lue isn't even trying.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:22 PM   #100
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
If you want to discuss how basketball has evolved I think the biggest difference I noticed in 50 years of watching sports is how far the women's game has progressed, even in the last 20 years. The women appear a lot more athletic and talented than they were just a couple decades ago.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2018, 11:32 PM   #101
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
Halftime. Love 2-10 a minus 14. Hill 0 pts a minus 19 yet lue sticks with these two. LMFAO. We know the Cavs can't win but Lue isn't even trying.

It is not like he has a lot of options.
Old 06-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #102
burnsy
self medicated

I get called a hater because i understand that Americans are exposed to media, hype, propaganda. Its even pervasive in sports reporting. I am a realist. I deal in reality not TV land. That's an advantage.

These people are human beings they are not super heros......that's for comic books AND MOVIES.

But here's some proof. LeBron just got drubbed....again. Brady was laying on his ass as the ball flew away with the game. Tiger is still "headline news" when he's in 23rd place and he has not won in years. People actually believe the garbage and react negatively when you point out reality. Sometimes its too easy.

But most of the clowns on TV will say you can't bet against them (these players). There was one guy that predicted a sweep. The rest poo pooed him like it could not happen. The mantra, "They'll play better at home." "Role players". They stunk the joint up at home. Defense non existent like i pointed out last year. Other than game 1 , it was a beat down.

You tell them you are being lied to, not just in sports.......on everything, down to our policies and what should be legal.........Reefer Madness

You tell people and they actually look at you like you are the one lying.
Old 06-09-2018, 02:51 PM   #103
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I get called a hater because i understand that Americans are exposed to media, hype, propaganda. Its even pervasive in sports reporting. I am a realist. I deal in reality not TV land. That's an advantage.

These people are human beings they are not super heros......that's for comic books AND MOVIES.

But here's some proof. LeBron just got drubbed....again. Brady was laying on his ass as the ball flew away with the game. Tiger is still "headline news" when he's in 23rd place and he has not won in years. People actually believe the garbage and react negatively when you point out reality. Sometimes its too easy.

But most of the clowns on TV will say you can't bet against them (these players). There was one guy that predicted a sweep. The rest poo pooed him like it could not happen. The mantra, "They'll play better at home." "Role players". They stunk the joint up at home. Defense non existent like i pointed out last year. Other than game 1 , it was a beat down.

You tell them you are being lied to, not just in sports.......on everything, down to our policies and what should be legal.........Reefer Madness

You tell people and they actually look at you like you are the one lying.
Who in their right mind was advocating betting on LeBron in this series? #FakeNews
Old 06-15-2018, 01:16 PM   #104
ronsmac

The LeBron to the Lakers odds keep dropping. As low as -120.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:02 AM   #105
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
The LeBron to the Lakers odds keep dropping. As low as -120.

I hate the Lakers with a passion, that would suck. I also read on ESPN that Kawhi Leonard wants to be a Laker.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-16-2018 at 09:04 AM.