Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-26-2017, 02:55 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaffertsWig View Post
Calling for racial equality and police accountability =/= hating American war heroes
Most people in this country see our flag as a sacred symbol, what part of that do liberals not understand? What is totally disgusting is the same liberals that are fine with people kneeling during the anthem would probably rally against a group of people burning a pile of Korans and then pissing on them to put out the fire. Maybe we need to set up a Go Fund Me page to get all the hate America liberals to another country.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #17
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Most people in this country see our flag as a sacred symbol, what part of that do liberals not understand? What is totally disgusting is the same liberals that are fine with people kneeling during the anthem would probably rally against a group of people burning a pile of Korans and then pissing on them to put out the fire. Maybe we need to set up a Go Fund Me page to get all the hate America liberals to another country.
Dat's da fact, Jack.

There is no PROBABLY about it.

Remember this ring-true joke:

Man: Women are subservient to men. They need to walk behind men, they cannot show their faces, and if raped, they are the guilty ones. Not the rapist.

Woman: You disgusting male chauvinist pig. You neanderthal. Go back to your Republican good old boys club with the rest of the dirt bags.

Man: Oh, no. You have it all wrong. I am a Muslim and those are my religious beliefs.

Woman: Oh, I am so sorry. Please forgive me if I offended you.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #18
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
In this era of being cool to hate American war heroes...
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 03:09 PM   #19
elysiantraveller

Its pretty f***ing scary that its socially acceptable in this country now to accuse someone of hating America if they happen to think differently than you...

Tell me PA how many liberals on this board (out of like the 4 or 5 that remain) have hurled "hate America" insults at their opposition?

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 09-26-2017 at 03:10 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 03:30 PM   #20
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Its pretty f***ing scary that its socially acceptable in this country now to accuse someone of hating America if they happen to think differently than you...

Tell me PA how many liberals on this board (out of like the 4 or 5 that remain) have hurled "hate America" insults at their opposition?
Don't really give a shit what people think when I correctly define this human garbage. They show that they hate me. Right back atcha, boys.

To be fair, the liberals rarely accuse Americans of "hate America" speech. Their game is calling us racists and bigots when they cannot provide answers on issues.

As for Trump's assault on McCain, that is but one of the many things he has said and done for which I do not approve. But what I do approve of is the way he attacking the real issues that affect Americans. That is his job.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:54 PM   #21
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Don't really give a shit what people think when I correctly define this human garbage. They show that they hate me. Right back atcha, boys.

To be fair, the liberals rarely accuse Americans of "hate America" speech. Their game is calling us racists and bigots when they cannot provide answers on issues.

As for Trump's assault on McCain, that is but one of the many things he has said and done for which I do not approve. But what I do approve of is the way he attacking the real issues that affect Americans. That is his job.
So Trump = Human Garbage on this issue...?

You know...? For consistencies sake?
Old 09-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #22
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
So Trump = Human Garbage on this issue...?

You know...? For consistencies sake?
That's a fair point regarding some of his statements, but I wouldn't define him as such for his typical shoot-from-the-hip rat-a-tat. It's standard Trump. If you insult him, he will return it in spades. This leads to some unfortunate, inappropriate comments. You can find more if you look.

That's what we got for electing a non-politician who doesn't give two craps about political correctness.

As wrong as Trump's statements may have been, they were directed specifically at Senator McCain in response for insults Trump interpreted being thrown at him.

But I see the actions of these players as cold and calculating. We're simply tired of being called racists every time we differ on issues. More than happy to see a debate with those who believe black people who think they are targeted and those who don't. I am absolutely sure there are some black people who are wrongfully targeted, but I am just as sure that these incidents are infrequent by those police officers who are sworn to protect us all.

But when you insult the flag and the anthem, you are spitting on the graves of those who gave up their lives so we could live. You many not like my definition, but this is how most Americans feel.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:41 PM   #23
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Awesome post... puts to rest my very real fear you are a Trump Robot.

Perhaps though you could look at this through a different lens. Maybe one with just the tiniest bit of compassion for a people whose shoes you've never had to fill for a single day of your life. Like I've said before I have no idea what its like to be A) black or B) a woman in our society. If you admit that racial discrimination does exist to some extent both socially and even within our government (these really can't be denied I think we all agree it happens) maybe you could take a slightly less militant stance on a sensitive issue for not just you but everyone in this country? I really don't think they hate America or the troops for instance. That seems like quite a stretch when I think they are simply choosing a vehicle to raise awareness on a issue that's important to them in a incredibly non-violent or threatening way.

Would I choose to do it the way they are? No. But they are and they are within their rights to do so and they aren't harming anybody. I don't really think calling them "gang-banger thugs," "human garbage," that they "hate America," or the military really solves anything. In fact it makes it worse.

Wouldn't it just be easier to go, "Yeah they're doing that thing again... not really a huge fan of it but racism does exist in this country and they're trying their best to raise awareness. I don't agree with it but guess I'll do my best to be a better citizen as well and when I see inequality do my part to rectify it any way I can."

You literally did the same thing for the Charlottesville people.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:49 PM   #24
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Nothing in the rules here says you can't post every random, aimless thought that wanders into your head.

Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 08:05 PM   #25
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
But why is the "nitwit that starts all these threads" tolerated in this place...that's what I want to know. Others have been banned from the off-topics here for being a lot less "repetitive".
I hope he starts a dozen more tonight. He's so rattled that he needs to start multiple threads on the same subject and with each passing one people get a better view of the kind of idiot he is.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 08:17 PM   #26
thaskalos

Quote:
That's a fair point regarding some of his statements, but I wouldn't define him as such for his typical shoot-from-the-hip rat-a-tat. It's standard Trump. If you insult him, he will return it in spades. This leads to some unfortunate, inappropriate comments. You can find more if you look.

That's what we got for electing a non-politician who doesn't give two craps about political correctness.

As wrong as Trump's statements may have been, they were directed specifically at Senator McCain in response for insults Trump interpreted being thrown at him.

But I see the actions of these players as cold and calculating. We're simply tired of being called racists every time we differ on issues. More than happy to see a debate with those who believe black people who think they are targeted and those who don't. I am absolutely sure there are some black people who are wrongfully targeted, but I am just as sure that these incidents are infrequent by those police officers who are sworn to protect us all.

But when you insult the flag and the anthem, you are spitting on the graves of those who gave up their lives so we could live. You many not like my definition, but this is how most Americans feel.
But the protesting players aren't the ones who are calling you "racists" just because you differ in your views on this issue. Did Kaepernick lash out against the fans who disapproved of his "cause"...by calling them "racists"?

But when the president insulted the players in a vile tone and called for the termination of their playing careers...what possible player reaction was he expecting to get in return? Did it take a GENIUS to figure out that the players' reaction would have been "cold and calculating"?
Old 09-26-2017, 08:45 PM   #27
MutuelClerk

It's going to get more cold and calculating too. The NBA and NHL start soon. This will carryover. More so the NBA than the NHL. But the NBA is much more popular ( who knows why?). NBA players will be sitting down or kneeling for the anthem. Won't be much longer when all leagues play the anthem well before the game starts with teams in the locker room. That's how old billionaires handle the issue. Pretend they care, shove the issue under the table. Please don't affect my business. Did you Jerry Jones talking about the issue after the game? He may need another face lift he's so mortified.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 09:07 PM   #28
Clocker

Quote:

But I see the actions of these players as cold and calculating.
Football players?
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #29
chrisl

Quote:
But why is the "nitwit that starts all these threads" tolerated in this place...that's what I want to know. Others have been banned from the off-topics here for being a lot less "repetitive".

BOO HOO
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2017, 09:18 PM   #30
chrisl

Quote:
But the protesting players aren't the ones who are calling you "racists" just because you differ in your views on this issue. Did Kaepernick lash out against the fans who disapproved of his "cause"...by calling them "racists"?

But when the president insulted the players in a vile tone and called for the termination of their playing careers...what possible player reaction was he expecting to get in return? Did it take a GENIUS to figure out that the players' reaction would have been "cold and calculating"?
Someone needs a hug room!.... Awe
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply