Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 06-04-2022, 09:00 AM   #4111
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the main risk to these is if they get delisted from US markets..i doubt that is happening now, and i don't think its happening even if Trump becomes the next president.

this next sector is starting to look very interesting, that is the shippers of the world. we have major shortages in food, energy and supply shortage. these companies have nowhere to go but up

the companies:

1 ZIM Integrated shipping. this one pays a 30% dividend so naturally its scary

2.Safe Bulkers, this one specializes in coal and grains.. i like the valuation right now, so i am buying this one sometime today.

3.Scorpio Tankers transports petroleum.

i think shipping is at the bottom now and to me looks like they all have the potential to be market leaders going forward because they all do things with emerging markets, and emerging market value is a big theme of mine going forward.
these stocks all went up marginally on big down day for the markets. the only one i am holding overnight is Safe Bulkers..i like the valuation of that company. ZIM pays to crazy a dividend for me to really understand that one.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2022, 09:13 AM   #4112
lamboguy

Rep. Susan Lee

https://susielee.house.gov/media
Old 06-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #4113
lamboguy

Interactive Brokers

i have been using this platform for about 3 years now and like them a lot. before you make the trade they give tell you up front if they handle a short position in it. they give you real-time data and charge something under $10 a month for it. i pay a per-trade commission, but they do offer no-commission trading as well but you will get front run on that. `
Old 06-04-2022, 07:42 PM   #4114
lamboguy

to late for this one

the CEO of Chewy Pet Company sold $8 million of his stock at an average price of $54 per share. since he unloaded, the stock has dropped to $26.

does anyone think he knew it was going to tank? i saw his sales, hate the company, and never pulled the trigger because i didn't see enough other sellers. it sounds like he kept the info all to his greedy self!
Old 06-04-2022, 07:46 PM   #4115
lamboguy

Elon Musk

he was selling $286 million worth of his automobile company, anywhere between $900 and $1000 per share. now its worth $700. he certainly had remarkable timing!
Old 06-05-2022, 09:08 PM   #4116
lamboguy

Shopify

SHOP, the CEO of this company just bought in for $10 million worth of shares on a big down day for this company. this company is down over 70% for the year. i would expect this stock to go up on Monday after being down $45 Friday.

i will be playing around with Starbucks and Robinhood to the long side.

this is kind of weird, because i think the market is setting up to go to hell, yet these CEO's are buying their own companies.
Old 06-06-2022, 11:33 AM   #4117
lamboguy

Quote:
no homerun, but probably something with a very little downside for now.
she introduced the water data act, and she called for someone from this company to show up in front of her committee next week. the good part is that she bought shares of this company last week prior to this meeting.

AQUA i will be in, i really doubt that she brought this company in to slam them! this Representative Susan Lee, might know something ahead of time.
i bought this one today, it keeps bumping up against the 20 moving average and pulls back.

i am in @ 36.95

Last edited by lamboguy; 06-06-2022 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-06-2022, 12:50 PM   #4118
Rex Phinney

Quote:
the CEO of Chewy Pet Company sold $8 million of his stock at an average price of $54 per share. since he unloaded, the stock has dropped to $26.

does anyone think he knew it was going to tank? i saw his sales, hate the company, and never pulled the trigger because i didn't see enough other sellers. it sounds like he kept the info all to his greedy self!

It had already come down from $120 in 12 months by the time he sold it.

I'd hardly call a CEO selling a stock that went from 120 to 54 news. That it went to 26 afterward is just proof that it was a COVID stock. It's right back to where it was pre COVID
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2022, 01:02 PM   #4119
Rex Phinney

NAD- Bond fund is up about 6% in the last two weeks. At it's bottom the yield was about 6% annually. Pays out a tax free dividend every month.

PTY- Bond fund is up 7.5% in two weeks. The yield was over 10% for several weeks, also pays monthly. So you get paid 10% every year for doing jack shit, have locked in upside potential for years to come on a fund that has a 20 year history of trading between $14 & $22.

Welcome to actual investing, it's not sexy, but when you turn it into a numbers game instead of a rumor mill and unicorn factory it makes money.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:57 PM   #4120
lamboguy

Quote:
i bought this one today, it keeps bumping up against the 20 moving average and pulls back.

i am in @ 36.95
this stock is still bumping up against the resistance.

LION ONE mining, just reported a great report from one of its holes that only went down 500 meters. usually you have to go down 2000 meters to get the mother load result
Old 06-06-2022, 01:59 PM   #4121
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
It had already come down from $120 in 12 months by the time he sold it.

I'd hardly call a CEO selling a stock that went from 120 to 54 news. That it went to 26 afterward is just proof that it was a COVID stock. It's right back to where it was pre COVID
doesn't that mean that he finally figured out he was dealing with a bad model and knew it was going down more.
Old 06-06-2022, 03:57 PM   #4122
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
NAD- Bond fund is up about 6% in the last two weeks. At it's bottom the yield was about 6% annually. Pays out a tax free dividend every month.

PTY- Bond fund is up 7.5% in two weeks. The yield was over 10% for several weeks, also pays monthly. So you get paid 10% every year for doing jack shit, have locked in upside potential for years to come on a fund that has a 20 year history of trading between $14 & $22.

Welcome to actual investing, it's not sexy, but when you turn it into a numbers game instead of a rumor mill and unicorn factory it makes money.
excellent trade, keep up the good work
Old 06-06-2022, 05:26 PM   #4123
lamboguy

Docusign DOCU

this stock had tanked over 70%, but the CEO decided to make a bet on it paying $74. its now $83..

i would never chase price on something like this, but just in case the stock comes back to $74 on light volume, you can count me it.

you will never catch all of these, but some of them do come back to you for whatever reason.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:42 PM   #4124
Rex Phinney

Quote:
doesn't that mean that he finally figured out he was dealing with a bad model and knew it was going down more.

Shopify is hardly a bad company, their product is best of breed and it's not even close. They problem is the stock got way overvalued and caught up in the COVID hysteria.

I'd say he looks like a dumbass for holding the stock as long as he did, but everyone will see it different.
Old 06-06-2022, 06:43 PM   #4125
Rex Phinney

Quote:
this stock had tanked over 70%, but the CEO decided to make a bet on it paying $74. its now $83..

i would never chase price on something like this, but just in case the stock comes back to $74 on light volume, you can count me it.

you will never catch all of these, but some of them do come back to you for whatever reason.

That's not a bad company to take a flier on. It's got long term potential

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: